The cars, who, when, where and what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Lash*

Justice 4 Rebecca
Reaction score
What cars were used and by whom from the time of Maxie's tragic fall and after Rebecca's death?

• What car(s) did Jonah use and when?
• What car(s) did Nina use and when?
• What car(s) did Dina use and when?
• What car(s) did Rebecca use and when?
• What car(s) did HL use and when?

Per Nina's interview, Rebecca picked Nina up from the airport in an SUV.

REPORTER:
What vehicle did she pick you up in?

NINA:
She picked me up in - it was - I believe it was a - her car - it was an SUV

REPORTER:
What did she drive - This was the same car you saw in the driveway?

NINA:
(Uh - huh) - Yeah - I believe it was the same car

REPORTER:
What does she drive? Do you recall?

NINA:
I want to say - I could be wrong about this though - cause my car - you know - I'm not a car person - (inaudible) I think it was - I wanna say a Toyota? Four - is it called a four - four - runner?

REPORTER:
Four Runner - or Ravfour?

NINA:
It was one of - it was an SUV -

REPORTER:
A smaller one - or

NINA:
No hers is - it was on the bigger side - cause - I think there's - Jonah had an Ex - wait no, no Jonah had the Honda - what's that Honda - he's got a - I think a Honda SUV

REPORTER:
CRX or CRV or something?

REPORTER:
Toyota makes like a Highlander - a four - runner, or a uh-

NINA:
It was a Highlander.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/nina_romano.mp3

What cars were used and by whom from the time of Maxie's tragic fall and after Rebecca's death?

At the time, I belive that Dina was driving a Mercedes SUV.

Per Nina's interview - A friend of Dina's who was at the hospital, drove Nina and her son back to Dina's house Monday night. Probably just semantics, but Nina and the reporter use the word 'back'. Nina and her son were dropped off at the hospital by Rebecca. They had not yet been to Dina's home.

REPORTER:
So your son was with you and you couldn't get in the hospital and then what, Rebecca drove you back to Dina's?

NINA:
No, no, no a friend of hers, of my sister's, was at the hospital, just um, just came there to see how she was doing and um they drove, drove myself and my son back.

Great topic, Lash.

I recall the reporter who interviewed NR spent a great deal of time on this topic during NR's interview. I also recall (separate from the interview) there have been discussions about the LE report's description of the placement of cars inside/outside the garage vs. placement of cars in driveway photos of the scene that morning. I don't remember the exact details, but I recall discussions of a discrepancy.

Per Nina's interview - Jonah and Dina each had a car at the hospital, so she drove herself back using Jonah's car.

REPORTER:
Ok, then uh, then what happened, what happened Tuesday night, how long did you stay, when did you leave?

NINA: Ok, so uh we were there, Jonah got back at 8pm, on the dot at 8pm. I stayed a while longer and I left it was about 8:55/9:00, I left on Tuesday night. My sister stayed, she was there. When I left the hospital my sister and Jonah were still in my nephew's room.

REPORTER:
And noone else was there?

NINA:
No.

REPORTER:
And uh you drove back, I'm sorry I forgot who drove you back?

NINA:
I drove myself back, and I'm thinking that was the night that I drove Jonah's car back because I remember saying 'how am i going to get home' and they each had a car there and they only needed really one car so thats when they had the room at Ronald McDonald House so if they needed or wanted to go and get some sleep or take a shower, they had a room at the Ronald MacDonald house so I was able to take Jonah's car back and I was able to take that to my sister's house so I could get back.

It was a Sequoia........as Nina said, she is not a "car person".

Thanks. So, it appears the SUV in the driveway the morning of the murder is that Sequoia? Although, I don't know if we have an accurate time on any photos.

Per Nina's interview - When Nina walked to Spreckles Tuesday night Rebecca's car was in the driveway.

NINA:
So then I walked to my left - down a couple stairs - which is just on the porch - down a couple stairs - and then straight which is towards the garage - now her car was in the driveway - and I thought - well that's strange cause her car is there.

REPORTER:
And her car was in the driveway?

NINA:
Yeah her car was in the driveway - but in Coronado - you rarely use your car - you know to drive places - it's such a small town?

Per Nina's interview - When Nina walked to Spreckles Tuesday night Rebecca's car was in the driveway.

Perhaps if Rebecca was driving the Toyota SUV when she fetched Nina at the airport, that is the vehicle that Nina made reference to.........the one parked in the driveway.

Ok, I still don't get it. Did Rebecca have a car in the garage (white? going on memory)? Then there is a big SUV in the driveway that Rebecca was driving. What vehicle of Jonah's did Nina have?

Per Ann Rule's book - At the time of Maxie's accident, Jonah was driven to Sharp Coronado Hospital by LE.

Jonah recalled that he got there in time to see his son being loaded into an ambulance, and he’d noted the still-wet splotch of blood on the foyer’s carpet. A patrol officer from the Coronado Police Department had driven him to Sharp Coronado Hospital right behind the ambulance.

Excerpt From: Rule, Ann. “Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors.” This material may be protected by copyright.

Per Ann Rule's book - At the time of Maxie's accident, Jonah was driven to Sharp Coronado Hospital by LE.

That is in direct conflict with other reports that he followed behind the ambulance in his own vehicle.

Ok, I still don't get it. Did Rebecca have a car in the garage (white? going on memory)? Then there is a big SUV in the driveway that Rebecca was driving. What vehicle of Jonah's did Nina have?

Rebecca's car was a small white sedan........ a WV IIRC.

Per Ann Rule's book - Jonah was driven home Monday night by his best friend HL. Jonah then drove himself back to the hospital.

Jonah said he’d never left Max’s side all that day, not until the doctors told him Monday evening that Max would be having tests for an hour, and sent him home. His best friend, Dr. Howard Luber, drove him there, where he took a quick shower, made some sandwiches, and packed a few personal items. “I drove myself back.

Excerpt From: Rule, Ann. “Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors.” This material may be protected by copyright.

Per Ann Rule's book - Jonah was driven home Monday night by his best friend HL. Jonah then drove himself back to the hospital.

The question is, in what vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member