GUILTY TX - Ivan Castaneda & Donna Norman for child abuse, Houston, 2005

This baby has a 15month old sister too! no word on how she has been raised so far by these monsters.

This makes me sick...
Some people should never be allowed to have children.

What the heck! I can't believe the number of horrific child abuse stories that are coming out.
Those poor children.
I won't be happy until the monster that did this to an infant is bent over and screaming.
:furious:

Ok I know some of you will not like what I am going to say and I am a mother myself. We need to take a test or be certified for the following:
drive a car, snowmobile, scuba dive, perform CPR, weld, become an electrician, I mean if you think about it the list can go on and on. And none of these things are nearly as criticle or important as becoming a parent. Some of these people have no business even being parents. I know there is no way to stop people from become parents or to screen them beford hand it just is so sad when you see things like this happen and they happen everyday like it is a normal thing. :furious:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6915523/

Castaneda was previously charged with injury to a child in connection with alleged abuse against the 15-month-old daughter; however, the case was dismissed in August 2004. The mother has no criminal history.

Both girls were returned to Castaneda and Norman in October after the charges were dropped. They lived with Norman's parents during the investigation.

Yup.. more children that were totally failed by the very system that was supposed to protect them.

These poor babies...

Its becoming a daily event where we have a thread like this started. I don't know how law enforcement, hospital personnel and court personnel get up every morning knowing they'll be another one. I think someone would have to physically restrain me from tearing these adults apart limb from limb. I'm too disgusted to even concentrate.

Jeana (DP) said:
Its becoming a daily event where we have a thread like this started. I don't know how law enforcement, hospital personnel and court personnel get up every morning knowing they'll be another one. I think someone would have to physically restrain me from tearing these adults apart limb from limb. I'm too disgusted to even concentrate.

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE WITH YOU JEANA!!!!

HOUSTON - In what Houston police call "the worst case of abuse ever seen," a young mother and father were charged with the alleged sexual abuse of their 6-month-old daughter, Local 2 reported Friday.

Police filed a serious bodily injury to a child charge against the baby's parents, Ivan Castaneda, 21, and Donna Marie Norman, 19. However, if the child dies, the charges could be upgraded to capital murder.

Castaneda and Norman were taken in for questioning Wednesday after Texas Children's Hospital workers notified police that their daughter showed signs of abuse and sexual assault.

Investigators said the infant remains in critical condition at the hospital with multiple internal and external injuries throughout her body.

"This is the worst case of abuse that I've personally seen," Houston Police Department Sgt. Randy Upton said. "She had some skull fractures, brain contusions, hemorrhaging, liver injuries, lung and kidney problems, signs of sexual abuse, as well as a severe laceration across her tongue."

Doctors found more injuries upon closer examination.

"In addition to all the internal injuries she had, she also had two broken legs and a broken arm and a broken vertebrae," said Estella Olquin, with Child Protective Services.

Police said the baby was breathing on her own Friday but is reportedly experiencing internal bleeding.

The judge ordered that family members have no contact with the children.

"We're going to want to know how is it that these family members that are parents around these children didn't know that they were so hurt," Olquin said.

"I'm just in awe. I love them girls," said Johnny Norman, Donna Norman's father. "I love my daughter to death. I care for Ivan and Donna both, man, but this is really unacceptable."

Castaneda and Norman were placed behind bars Friday without bond. If convicted of injury to a child, each faces up to 99 years in prison.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6915523/

(there are photos of this wonderful couple at the link)

Jeana (DP) Doctors found more injuries upon closer examination. "In addition to all the internal injuries she had said:
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse than it was......dear God, that poor sweet baby girl.....my heart breaks for her.

What I can't wrap my mind around is what kind of straight from hell monster looks at a SIX MONTH OLD INFANT and sees "sexual being"??????? And what kind of Bigger Straight from Hell MOTHER allows him to do it????????? Before any of my three children were even born, I would have fought to the death to protect them. There's no limit to what I would do to someone who wanted to hurt them. I'm stunned beyond belief and comprehension that this happens as frequently as it does.

"I'm just in awe. I love them girls," said Johnny Norman, Donna Norman's father. "I love my daughter to death. I care for Ivan and Donna both, man, but this is really unacceptable."

Castaneda and Norman were placed behind bars Friday without bond. If convicted of injury to a child, each faces up to 99 years in prison.

UNACCEPTABLE?????????????????????????????????????????

UNFATHOMABLELY EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will not last long in prison.

Thia is disgusting! The absolute worst thing I've read in a long time,
and there certainly isn't any lack of awful stories in the news lately.
Sickening. Just sickening. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't know what to wish for. If this child lives, she'll have problems too numerous to list. If she dies, the parents are eligible for the death penalty and this being Texas, they're shue ins. I can't bring myself to wish for the death of a baby; however, I do trust that the Lord has plans for this little one. I just wish her life didn't have to be so horrible. Hard not to question when things like this happen.

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't know what to wish for. If this child lives, she'll have problems too numerous to list. If she dies, the parents are eligible for the death penalty and this being Texas, they're shue ins. I can't bring myself to wish for the death of a baby; however, I do trust that the Lord has plans for this little one. I just wish her life didn't have to be so horrible. Hard not to question when things like this happen.

You put into words what I was thinking Jeana; thank you.

It's cases like this that makes a very small part of me wish we still had public hangings.

Jeana (DP) said:
The babies are too young to have any conscious knowledge or remembrance of what happened to them, fortunately. Let's wait and see what happens to them before trying to make sense of it. Right now, they need your prayers for a miraculous recovery, and for them to live and long and prosperous life as an inspiration to all. If they do live, they may be destined for far greater things. If not, then they've been called Home by their Father, never to suffer again at the hands of those clearly under the influence of Satan and his perverse ways.

Dark Knight said:
The babies are too young to have any conscious knowledge or remembrance of what happened to them, fortunately. Let's wait and see what happens to them before trying to make sense of it. Right now, they need your prayers for a miraculous recovery, and for them to live and long and prosperous life as an inspiration to all. If they do live, they may be destined for far greater things. If not, then they've been called Home by their Father, never to suffer again at the hands of those clearly under the influence of Satan and his perverse ways.

Thanks Darlin!! :blowkiss:

What Is Even Worse Is That When Cps Is Called In To Investigate They Tend To Do Nothing. There Are Way Too Many Instances Where The Authorities Have Been Notified And Nothing Is Done. There Has To Be A Way To Make The System Better So That Children Don't Have To Suffer At The Hands Of Adults. I Had A Friend Whose Children Were Being Abused By Her Husband And Because He Was A Cop The Case Disappeared. She Has Now Been In Hiding For 10 Years. I Hope That She And Her Children Managed To Make A Life For Themselves.

Feb. 7, 2005, 9:16PM
CPS has no plans for rehabilitation of couple charged in injury to infant

By ANDREW TILGHMAN
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

Harris County social workers on Monday told the parents of a 6-month-old girl who is hospitalized after suffering severe physical and sexual abuse that they may lose permanent custody of their children.

"There is nothing they could do to rehabilitate themselves to get their kids back," said Estella Olguin, a spokeswoman for Harris County Child Protective Services.

The parents, Ivan Castaneda, 22, and Donna Marie Norman, 19, of Houston appeared before state District Juvenile Judge Pat Shelton wearing orange jumpsuits issued by the county jail, where both are being held on a charge of injury to a child.

Their daughter remained in critical condition at Texas Children's Hospital, where she was admitted Feb. 2. Since then, her kidneys have ceased functioning and doctors have placed her on dialysis, CPS officials said.

CPS officials said in court they have no plans to provide rehabilitation services for the parents or to seek any relatives to care for the children.

The couple's 15-month-old daughter was placed in foster care last week. Authorities said she had a fractured skull and ribs. Doctors found no evidence of sexual abuse.

Houston Chronicle

More photos of the suspects, from court, are on the link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back