Identified! TN - Decatur Co., WhtMale UP 5279, 34-56, in river, May'06 - Name not found

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Hot Case 2065
http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase2065.html
NamUs UP 5279 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5279

No Image Available

Unidentified White Male

The victim was discovered on May 28, 2006 in Parsons, Decatur County, Tennessee.
Estimated Date of Death: 1 year prior.
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only.
Cause of Death: Unknown.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 34-56 years old.
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5" and unknown weight.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown hair and eye color.
Clothing: Brown boots.
Dentals: Available. X-rays are available.
DNA: Unknown.
Fingerprints: Not available.
Other: One or both hands were not recovered.

Case History
The victim was found in the backwaters of Beach River.

Thomas Eddie Breeden Jr. was added to NamUs today.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/18259/0

He looks pretty reasonably in line with this John Doe.

* Timeline: 01-Dec-2004 (LKA) to 28-May-2006 (Discovery) - Postmortem interval is estimated as 1 year.
* Height: 66-71 inches - slightly taller than the 5'5" estimated height of the John Doe. (But the wide estimate of his height indicates that it really is unknown).
* Location: Decatur County TN is located about midway between his Location LKA (Crossville TN) and his home (Jonesboro AR), and along the route one would take to get from Crossville to Jonesboro.

Interesting. Isn't Parsons where Holly Bobo disappeared from?

Just curious. Why would it take them 6 - 7 years to add a missing person? Or is it the family member that only added him now?

Just curious. Why would it take them 6 - 7 years to add a missing person? Or is it the family member that only added him now?

I would suppose that either the family or LE just recently became aware of the existence of NamUs. There is a consant flow of decades-old cases newly added to NamUs (a few per week).

Probably the majority of LE jurisdictions are still unaware of NamUs.

I would suppose that either the family or LE just recently became aware of the existence of NamUs. There is a consant flow of decades-old cases newly added to NamUs (a few per week).

Probably the majority of LE jurisdictions are still unaware of NamUs.

Yes, this seems to be the case.

Our local LE is trying to decide whether it's "worth the effort" to put local cases on Namus, since it's "unlikely" to give them any results...

The Doe Network shows this case as identified, but with no additional information available at this time.

If you google his name his active twitter page comes up. I assume he was located.

this UID is showing ID'd on doe.
a LOT were id'd recently, i wish ppl would tell who they were, although i know they arent required to. RIP and peace to their families.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back