Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Thread #10

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

Important Changes to the discussion :

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion and sleuthing on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

<modsnip> The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

No 'tunnel talk' discussion allowed.

All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe and brought home!!!

continue here.

Before you post in this new thread be apprised of the rules about discussing Mark Redwine. There is also no speculation about mental health and arm chair psychiatric diagnoses. Furthermore, after the Nancy Grace show aired tonight she intimated at public records that have not been reported on by the msm or addressed by law enforcement; those issues may now be sleuthed out and discussed. There are currently not any named persons of interest or suspects in this case per Law enforcement. Please post responsibly.

Please continue here. Please read the opening posts and post responsibly.

Thanks,

Salem

So if you could ask LE, Mark, Elaine, or any of Dylan's family members questions, what questions would you ask?

Confusion, thank you so much for your timeline and outlining things for us. I really appreciate it and it's valuable just as it is. (Took me hours in between watching TV to read the 7 pages I came back to after leaving for awhile.)

Yet another thread for you, baby boy. I had hoped you would be home before we finished the first one but here we are on #11. Hold tight. None of us will give up on you until you are safely back home with your loving mom & big brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main problem is that LE is not telling us very much. They are letting out just a little at a time. Not in our time frame, when we think they should release it, but in their own. That leads to very little to talk about. We have statements from others that right now hasn't all been proven, which is why some of it seemed contradictory.

It causes some confusion and leave a lot to interpretation. I'm sure once we get the whole story, the bits and pieces will start making some sense. Until then, we are all going to believe what we want to believe.

I, for one want PROOF before I start pointing fingers at anyone. PROOF. EVIDENCE. I'm not ready to hang anyone out to dry. I don't feel any of us have enough information to make a blanket decision as to what happened and who may be involved.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Dylan, come home. You are loved and needed.

So if you could ask LE, Mark, Elaine, or any of Dylan's family members questions, what questions would you ask?

I'd ask:

Elaine - Did he bring any money with him that he could offer someone to give him a ride? How many changes of clothes did he pack? When was the last time his phone had a new battery?

Mark - Were any of your neighbors especially friendly toward him? How well do you know his local friend? Was your door locked when you left? When you returned?

LE - What do you know that we don't?! Is there any reason to doubt what Mark has said so far? What were the results of his LDT? Did any other family members take one? Why or why not?

Cory - What do you think happened? Has he ever talked to you about problems he had with anyone there, dad or otherwise? Has he ever talked about liking to fish?

I'm sure there are plenty of others, but these would do for starters. Thanks for asking; it's sometimes hard to think of a way to stimulate my brain.

Sheriff: Missing Redwine boy's disappearance believed foul play

Updated: 12/06/2012 12:23:53 AM MST

http://www.daily-times.com/ci_22134254/sheriff-missing-redwine-boys-disappearance-believed-foul-play

"The sheriff's staff searched Mark Redwine's home last Thursday. The sheriff is not calling him a suspect or discusszing details about the search, Bender said.

Since the warrant was served, the search for Dylan has pared back as far as the numbers of law enforcement officers working the case.
But dozens of investigators from the La Plata County Sheriff's Office, Durango police, the FBI and other agencies continue to investigate tips each day, he said. He said officials had no plans to call off the search.
“We will continue to investigate as long as we have leads,” Bender said. "

I wonder what the bolded portion means?

http://www.daily-times.com/ci_22134254/sheriff-missing-redwine-boys-disappearance-believed-foul-play

The sheriff's staff searched Mark Redwine's home last Thursday. The sheriff is not calling him a suspect or discusszing details about the search, Bender said.
Since the warrant was served, the search for Dylan has pared back as far as the numbers of law enforcement
officers working working the case.

"When the trail has gone cold and there are no leads, you scale back at some point,&#8221; Tanner said. &#8220;But if you have any viable lead that could lead you to the person, dead or alive, you go at it full steam.&#8221;

:what:

Sorry to sound dumb but I really want to understand this properly; are they trying to say that the whole case has gone cold? :( :confused:

"The sheriff's staff searched Mark Redwine's home last Thursday. The sheriff is not calling him a suspect or discusszing details about the search, Bender said.

Since the warrant was served, the search for Dylan has pared back as far as the numbers of law enforcement officers working the case.
But dozens of investigators from the La Plata County Sheriff's Office, Durango police, the FBI and other agencies continue to investigate tips each day, he said. He said officials had no plans to call off the search.
“We will continue to investigate as long as we have leads,” Bender said. "

I wonder what the bolded portion means?

It made my heart sink when I read it.

Scuba divers who are part of New Mexico State Police Search and Recovery Dive Team have twice trolled the bottom of Vallecito Lake looking for Dylan's body.
The San Juan County Sheriff's Office helicopter has done two aerial searches of the Vallecito area. On Monday, the helicopter searched Vallecito Reservoir and other lakes in the Durango area looking for a body washed on shore or in shallow water.

They really have been focusing on the Lake / lakes quite a bit.

Sorry to sound dumb but I really want to understand this properly; are they trying to say that the whole case has gone cold? :( :confused:

I really hope not, but the second quote you posted sounded like he was implying they don't have any leads and this is why there are fewer officers working on the case.

I really don't want this to be one of those cases that go unsolved, and I've hoped all along that LE had FAR more information than they were letting on, but after this statement I'm getting the feeling that LE haven't released any information because they don't HAVE any more information than we do.

Of course, there's a slight chance that they are saying this to lull someone into a false sense of security, but I don't see what the point would be.

Where are you, Dylan? :(

ETA: At least there are still tips coming in, hopefully one of them leads LE straight to Dylan. May the leads keep on coming, so LE still have something to investigate.

It made my heart sink when I read it.

"Since the warrant was served, the search for Dylan has pared back as far as the numbers of law enforcement officers working the case."

Is there a connection between those two portions of the sentence?

Since the warrant was served----okay------they pared back the search...WHY?

Is there a cause and effect implied OR it is just two random facts making up a sentence? Did they learn something since the warrant was served during the search that compelled them to cut back the search?

"Since the warrant was served, the search for Dylan has pared back as far as the numbers of law enforcement officers working the case."

Is there a connection between those two portions of the sentence?

Since the warrant was served----okay------they pared back the search...WHY?

Is there a cause and effect implied OR it is just two random facts making up a sentence? Did they learn something since the warrant was served during the search that compelled them to cut back the search?

I thought maybe they were expecting to find some kind of leads but didn't.

I really hope not, but the second quote you posted sounded like he was implying they don't have any leads and this is why there are fewer officers working on the case.

I really don't want this to be one of those cases that go unsolved, and I've hoped all along that LE had FAR more information than they were letting on, but after this statement I'm getting the feeling that LE haven't released any information because they don't HAVE any more information than we do.

Of course, there's a slight chance that they are saying this to lull someone into a false sense of security, but I don't see what the point would be.

Where are you, Dylan? :(

ETA: At least there are still tips coming in, hopefully one of them leads LE straight to Dylan. May the leads keep on coming, so LE still have something to investigate.

ITA. I had sort of hoped and felt that they had a lot more info than they were releasing to the public - which of course is understandable - but now, I'm not so sure? Maybe they do? IDK. I do have complete faith in LE but my heart too sank when I read this article. ..

Hoping the leads keep coming in strongly so that we can bring Dylan home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo