IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkiw319

Reaction score
Please remember the following when discussing the case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Things to know before you post:
Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.
Treat other posters with respect.
Do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.
If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.

No one has been named by LE or MSM as a POI or suspect in this case.
The parents, whatever you may personally think about them, have not been named.
That means that they, and their families, their neighbors, and their friends and "associates," are not to be sleuthed or badmouthed.

bumping this up.. and this warning lands at random: several more posts that involved sleuthing the family have been removed just from today alone. From this point forth if you sleuth the family or post speculation about them you will be put on the timeout list. The rules are easy to follow. If you have any questions about them please pm a moderator. Again, this lands at random.

Please please please let there be an announcement of someone "helping with their enquries".

:please:

Thank you nursebeeme. I am hoping for people to transcrbe or post the gist of the presser. Home with a head cold and tablet doesnt always do well with streaming for me. Maybe cnn or hln will carry the presser but I am notcounting on it.

Hoping you all don't mind but I am re posting my post as it got lost in last thread ....

I too am a little baffled by where their remains were found. Is this particular area only accessed during the hunting season? Hence why the remains were found now?

I'm just wondering why they have been discovered there now? Would they have been there the whole time? Sorry if that is inappropriate to ask... I will delete if so.

I'm just lost for words :( Seeing that photo of the two white sheets has me sitting here in tears, and sick to my stomach. :(

I grabbed a couple Google Earth images to compare with the turnaround aerial image shot by media.

But "Attachments" isn't working so I can include in message. Help please?

TIA

The area is heavily wooded park/wildlife type area. Locals have said this place would be used by avid outdoorspeople for hunting, fishing, etc but that the place is pretty large and heavily wooded with much underbrush in addtion to the trees themselvs.

Based on that info, I think it amazing they were found at all. IMO, but for these hunters happening upon them, it could have been years.

When we first heard where the girls were found, it looked to me as though a lot of the wilderness nearby was protected, ie no hunting.

If the perp was a local, he knows that, so why did he leave the girls in an area likely to be disturbed? If he put them in a reserve, chances are they'd never be found...?

Any local input?

TIA

Hoping you all don't mind but I am re posting my post as it got lost in last thread ....

I too am a little baffled by where their remains were found. Is this particular area only accessed during the hunting season? Hence why the remains were found now?

I'm just wondering why they have been discovered there now? Would they have been there the whole time? Sorry if that is inappropriate to ask... I will delete if so.

I'm just lost for words :( Seeing that photo of the two white sheets has me sitting here in tears, and sick to my stomach. :(

it baffles me as well. again, I am not familar with this area but I know a high number of Iowans LOVE to fish! I would think that this area would have been frequented by fishermen....but then again, with the rivers being so low (and I believe that much of the Wapsipinicon River is fairly shallow anyway) maybe it wasn't a great fishing spot. The turn around there however lends its self to the kind of places we searched out as teenagers to sneak a beer and a cigarette in the summer time with friends...not accessed by hunters until this time of year does not surprise me....but that is just my 2 cents

I grabbed a couple Google Earth images to compare with the turnaround aerial image shot by media.

TIA

I set up a photobucket account for posting images.

I think everyone who lives here in Iowa was waiting for the harvest to come in, and then for the hunting season to arrive. Iowa has lots of land that rarely sees people who aren't hunting or fishing. With the rivers being so low this year because of the drought, I don't think there would have been too many people fishing in water that in many area was only several inches deep. They would have been more likely to go to a farmpond or a lake rather than a river.

TIA

As Otto said, photobucket :)

Thought I'd bring this over from the previous thread.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/20279675/2...and-lyric-case

Now that two bodies have been found that likely are those of Elizabeth and Lyric, the reward money from Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers will go towards an arrest.

More than $150,000 is available to the person who helps authorities find the person responsible.

When we first heard where the girls were found, it looked to me as though a lot of the wilderness nearby was protected, ie no hunting.

If the perp was a local, he knows that, so why did he leave the girls in an area likely to be disturbed? If he put them in a reserve, chances are they'd never be found...?

Any local input?

TIA

I believe they said this area was a hunting access...I am not a hunter and somebody can correct me if I am wrong but I took it as they used this area to get to a hunting spot. I think most hunting in Iowa is done on private land...ie cornfields. I believe it is customary to aquire permission from the farmer to hunt on his land. my thinking is that this wildlife area butts up against privately owned cornfields (as shown in the pics of the cornfields at the entrance to 7 bridges). cornfields are many, many acres in size, so access to the land could be from several places....I hope I explained that right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni