CA CA: Ervin, Gladys Age 91 Found 1999

Social Security Death Index

Name: Gladys Ervin
SSN: 286-XXXXXXX
Last Residence: 92509 Riverside, Riverside, California, United States of America
Born: 25 Jan 1908
Died: 29 Dec 1999
State (Year) SSN issued: Ohio (1955-1956)

I believe I have a start for Gladys! The last address is a nursing home, but I found other Ervins listed in Riverside. Her husband seems to have been Harold Otwin Ervin who died in 1996 and they had a son "j" who may still be living ( born 1929). I have a phone number for him as well as an address if I can forward them to someone to check into!

Gladys should’ve have been buried with her husband Ralph

Attachments

• 3C11CAAF-BCF4-417D-92CF-E6FA326EAF01.jpeg
    3C11CAAF-BCF4-417D-92CF-E6FA326EAF01.jpeg
    362 KB · Views: 39
Gladys should’ve have been buried with her husband Ralph
Omg this is so sad. I wonder how many have a spot next to their spouse with a headstone in a cemetery yet remain unclaimed. Oh this is sad.

I think this is one of the saddest unclaimed I have come across.

Did anyone ever reach out to the j son? Someone posted that had a phone number in an above comment

I believe I have a start for Gladys! The last address is a nursing home, but I found other Ervins listed in Riverside. Her husband seems to have been Harold Otwin Ervin who died in 1996 and they had a son "j" who may still be living ( born 1929). I have a phone number for him as well as an address if I can forward them to someone to check into!

Did anyone reach out to the son? Was the phone number and address ever passed along to anyone to reach out?

Has anyone been able to look into this information?

Updated NamUs link: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Gladys' maiden name was Brewen, she was born in Missouri, not Ohio.

NAME:Gladys Brewen
BIRTH YEAR:1908
BIRTHPLACE:Missouri
HOME IN 1920:Concord, Washington, Missouri
STREET:Irondale Beamarck Road
RESIDENCE DATE:1920
RACE:White
RELATION TO HEAD OF HOUSE:Daughter
MARITAL STATUS:Single
FATHER'S NAME:Fred Brewen
FATHER'S BIRTHPLACE:Missouri
MOTHER'S NAME:Ethel Brewen
MOTHER'S BIRTHPLACE:Missouri

She lived in Ohio at one point because her SS card was issued there:

Birth Date:25 Jan 1908
Issue Year:1955-1956
Issue State:Ohio
Last Residence:92509, Riverside, Riverside, California, USA
Death Date:29 Dec 1999

Gladys' brother died in the 60s, and his wife passed away in 2014. Her obituary lists out the names of her children and their locations, which would be nieces/nephews to Gladys, maybe they could be contacted?

She is survived by her brother Leroy Robinson, Park Hills, MO; sons, Rodger Brewen (and Shirley) of Boonville, MO; and Michael Brewen of Berwyn, PA; and daughters, Barbara Richerson (Mrs. Jim) of Alpine, TX; Teresa Halbersma (and Marion) of Ozark, MO; and Rhonda Sue Jolley (and John) of Cheyenne, WY. She is also survived by her six grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and nieces, nephews, and many friends and neighbors.

Okay, here's something weird...It looks like we're confusing a couple different Gladys Brewens.

One of them, Gladys Stella, married Julius Preszler in 1953. This is the daughter of Ethel and Fred, sister of JB.

Julius died in 2004

And Gladys Stella died in 2012.

The links I posted before show our Gladys' father is J.R. Brewen.

I don't think this is the right Gladys. There is a death record for this lady in 1990.

1657650075640.png

I believe you are correct and I believe the reason she hasn't been claimed is because she has no living relatives left. It states they didn't have children, all her siblings have passed away, the ones that had children are all passed as well. I tried looking up Sister/Brother in laws families but cannot find any living relatives there either. I will submit to the case worker for the NamUs file the DNA family profile, maybe they can make a match that way.

Going back to the start.

I believe you are correct and I believe the reason she hasn't been claimed is because she has no living relatives left. It states they didn't have children, all her siblings have passed away, the ones that had children are all passed as well. I tried looking up Sister/Brother in laws families but cannot find any living relatives there either. I will submit to the case worker for the NamUs file the DNA family profile, maybe they can make a match that way.
No, I think you were right when you posted above that she's the wrong Gladys. Let me look into it some more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickyBones
Back