UK - Holly Wells, 10, & Jessica Chapman, 10, murdered, Soham, 4 Aug 2002

First day yesterday. 24 jurors chosen, the 12 required will be sworn in today. Opening speeches from the prosecution expected tomorrow. still cannot believe that Huntley and Carr are pleading not guilty, they have got to be going for a diminshed reponsibility plea.

Hugh, make sure you tell us everything that goes on with this case.

You bet they're going for a diminished responsibility plea.

I think she's a beer short of a sixpack anyway!!

Aussie

That was just a heartbreaking murder :( Those poor little girls.

I will be watching this trial too.

Cass...

Opening arguments for prosecution say that it is unlikely that Huntly will contest the fact the the girls died in his house but will contest that he murdered them ?

I guess that you can catch up on it in more detail on BBC website, I am just getting hourly updates on radio.

I had forgotten that Carr has not even been charged with murder but with Perverting the course of Justice.

Hugh.. did they ever determine a cause of death for these girls?

I have been poking around but don't see anything on it. I know their remains were badly decomposed and skeletal.

Cass...

May have been stated today but more likely tomorrow. The police have established it beyond doubt but it is critical to the trial so has not been released

The murder of these girls has really affected me as I have a 10 year old daughter.

I can't imagine the agony their parents are going through and the fury they must feel for this pair.

I read the article mushyb, still no mention on how the girls actually died.

What a stupid waste of these two young lives.

Cass...

Thank God those parents have each other to comfort them. At least there is somebody who understands how they are feeling.

So there is obviously proof that the girls died in Huntley's home. What is the proof?? And if there is proof, why is he denying he murdered them?

And how did they die????

I can't remember seeing anything about the autopsy results on the girls.

Aussie

Uh Duh,

Just reread your posts and saw that question has been answered.

Thanks Hugh!!

Aussie

Hi Aussie :)

I spent an hour yesterday searching the web for details on the autopsy.... nothing, nada, zip... not even unauthorized speculation... they are really keeping a lid on it for some reason.

Cass...

Hi Cass!

I found a couple of news reports from after Jessica and Holly's bodies were found saying that the autopsy results were inconclusive.

So did they find other evidence pointing towards a cause of death inside the house????

Aussie

We may hear more today, my guess is that this is pivotal to the case which is why nothing has been released as yet.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back