Julez1054

Dr. Christian Troy is Sexy!
Reaction score
Website
www.patburrellonline.com
Associated Press
February 7, 2005

Rapper Houston says he was possessed

NEW YORK -- The devil made him do it, representatives for R&B singer Houston said in a statement explaining how his eye was seriously gouged.

Houston's publicist issued a statement Thursday night denying reports that he tried to take his life by jumping from a London hotel window last week. The statement said Houston had "found himself in the midst of a spiritual battle against the evil that runs rampant in the entertainment industry."

http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/houston_rap/artist.jhtml

Believe it or not, there's actual pictures surfaced on the internet of him after the incident with his eye. It's to mentally disturbing to even look at. This guy is nuts. :doh:

Julez, that link didn't work. If you find a good link, can you post it and be sure that the amount of text that you post here is but a snippet from any articles? We're trying to say on top of copywrite infringement. Thanks.

Julez1054 said:
Just go to the MTV link, they have up a few articles about the incident....I don't understand how that link is broken already....strange.

http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/houston_rap/artist.jhtml

Thanks Julez. He's got beautiful eyes. I hope they can save it. Here's interesting info from your second link:

Meanwhile, Rankin and Rowe said they haven't had any direct contact with their former client since he returned to the States.

"We decided that we didn't want to continue," Rowe said. "We feel like our contract could have been extended, but that's not important. The kid needs help more than anything else. His health is our biggest concern."

The two said they're also concerned with how Houston's finances are being managed.

"We have a serious problem with the way the family is handling this kid's situation," Rowe said. "There's no reason for this kid to have no money. They passed on a publishing deal that could have helped him out right now. They got involved and we tried everything [we could], but at the end of the day, Houston was loyal to his mom. I don't have a problem with that, but they are not capable of handling a kid like that. The kid was a star. He had a great opportunity laid out, so he should have had proper housing and a nice car."

"The kid still lives where he lives when we met him — in a two-bedroom apartment with four other people," Rankin said. "They spent all the kid's money."

Yeah, beautiful eyes that he took upon his self to gouge out. He's definitely has mental issues that needs to be straightened out too. I liked his music - LIKED is the keyword. After this incident he freaks me out. Self mutilation is just strange. I hope he gets some help, and fast.

He won't sell any albums after a weird stunt like this. Good luck with those hits.

Julez1054 said:
Yeah, beautiful eyes that he took upon his self to gouge out. He's definitely has mental issues that needs to be straightened out too. I liked his music - LIKED is the keyword. After this incident he freaks me out. Self mutilation is just strange. I hope he gets some help, and fast.

He won't sell any albums after a weird stunt like this. Good luck with those hits.

Well Julez, I seriously doubt that "mental illness" was on his Christmas list, so give the poor guy a break! :rolleyes:

Jeana (DP) said:
Well Julez, I seriously doubt that "mental illness" was on his Christmas list, so give the poor guy a break! :rolleyes:

Give him a break for what? How can you not find it remotely odd that he gouged out his own eyeball? I'm sorry, but that's just to bizarre for me. What does gouging out your own eye have to do with fighting off the devil? The guy is whack. No excuses. :snooty:

How old is this kid? Poor kid I hope they are getting him some psychiatric help. And it also sounds like his managers and his family are fighting which will only make things worse. Sounds like a third party with no financial interest in this kid needs to be put in charge. More is going on here than self-mutilation since he thinks he was trying to fight off evil. He definately doesn't need to be in the entertainment industry at this point in his life.

mysteriew said:
How old is this kid? Poor kid I hope they are getting him some psychiatric help. And it also sounds like his managers and his family are fighting which will only make things worse. Sounds like a third party with no financial interest in this kid needs to be put in charge. More is going on here than self-mutilation since he thinks he was trying to fight off evil. He definately doesn't need to be in the entertainment industry at this point in his life.

He's only 21 I believe.

Strange but I knew someone who had a "friend of a friend of" that ALSO gouged out his own eye trying to fight evil....The one I heard about had some help "fighting evil" through the use of non-prescription (illicit) drugs.

Julez1054 said:
Give him a break for what? How can you not find it remotely odd that he gouged out his own eyeball? I'm sorry, but that's just to bizarre for me. What does gouging out your own eye have to do with fighting off the devil? The guy is whack. No excuses. :snooty:

Where on earth did you get the impression that I don't think its odd? He's obviously not in his right mind. You know mental illness can strike people at any age. Hopefully, you'll be immune from ever having to deal with it because to tell you the truth, it doesn't appear that you'd be able to handle it too well.

BirdieBoo said:
If it was mental illness that caused it, this indeed is very sad.

Of course I have no "inside info," but that's what it sounds like to me. They didn't mention drugs and no one with their faculties would do this sort of thing. Hopefully, the surgery was successful and he can get some help.

Jeana (DP) said:
Of course I have no "inside info," but that's what it sounds like to me. They didn't mention drugs and no one with their faculties would do this sort of thing. Hopefully, the surgery was successful and he can get some help.
I think it HAS to be either mental illness or drugs...I just hope that he is able to get some help as well. You're correct that these are NOT the actions of someone who is mentally balanced.

Julez1054 said:

Jules, I think you are going to find as you get older that there are mental illnesses that people can't control, many of them onset in the late teens to 20's age groups (schizophrenia particularly which carries delusions of "evil")...you may not know anyone in your life right now that suffers from a mental illness...but believe me, one day you might, and it will change your thinking entirely about mental illness if you are ever close to somebody who becomes afflicted.

I think that there are 2 explanations for this, mental illness, or drugs. Whichever one it was, I hope the guy gets some help. I have never even heard of him, but it sounds like he was a talented guy who had a promising career ahead of him and this is a terrible thing to have happened whether it was self-inflicted or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back