SC SC/GA - DONALD HENRY GASKINS, late '60s - Nov 1975

watcher9

Reaction score
Today I saw the end of show on ID about Henry Donald Gaskins who has been dubbed "the meanest man in America." As usual on the ID channel, it will probably be on again. Apparently, it didn't matter to him whom he killed, man, woman or child or even how he did it. He was executed in September of 1991.

It is possible that we may also have a thread under Books, but since he is a serial killer, I wanted to include him in this thread.

Here is a snip from Wiki on an entry about his life and crimes.

While on death row, Gaskins told his life story to a journalist named Wilton Earle, confessing to having committed between 100 and 110 murders,[13] one of them being that of Margaret "Peg" Cuttino, the 12 year old daughter of then SC state senator James Cuttino, Jr. of Sumter, SC. However, law enforcement sources found it impossible to verify all of his claims. In his autobiography, Final Truth, Gaskins wrote that he had "a special mind" that gave him "permission to kill."

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Henry_Gaskins"]Donald Henry Gaskins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Yep, he was a bad one. I've got the book somewhere. I remember reading somewhere that all the facts he gave about the Cuttino murder had been published somewhere, so he may have simply been lying to LE.

I wasn't much older than Peg at the time BUT he was also a legend in his own mind. He was executed for killing the guy in prison. Peg's murder was different story tho as I learned when growing older. Sad. MOO

Was Pee Wee a liar? He said that he killed over 100 victims. But then he confessed a much lower number. Was he an earlier Henry Lee Lucas?

Was Pee Wee a liar? He said that he killed over 100 victims. But then he confessed a much lower number. Was he an earlier Henry Lee Lucas?
Yeah, his gruesome stories of the "coastal kills" were made up for the book. He was a classic "serial confessor", an earlier Henry Lee Lucas or Tommy Lynn Sells.

Yeah, his gruesome stories of the "coastal kills" were made up for the book. He was a classic "serial confessor", an earlier Henry Lee Lucas or Tommy Lynn Sells.

I had the edition of that book with a tape of him and some of his phone calls 30+ years ago. I recently seen that Evil Lives Here or one of those re enactment type shows where they interviewed his daughter and that was interesting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back