GUILTY PA - Kayla Peterson, 22, fatally shot, Beaver Falls, 8 Dec 2012

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
Beaver Falls - Two Pennsylvania teens implicated in the shooting death of a woman over a pack of cigarettes posed for menacing photos with guns which they posted on Facebook just hours after allegedly killing their victim.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Todavia Cleckley and Marcus Velasquez, both 14 and both still at large, have been charged with conspiracy to commit criminal homicide for the killing of 22-year-old Kayla Peterson of Beaver Falls.

Velasquez has also been charged with criminal homicide, two felony counts of aggravated assault and two counts of reckless endangerment.

Police say the boys will be tried as adults in the killing.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/338763#ixzz2EwxKgYte

A third teen, 13-year-old Kyle Goosby Jr. of 109 11th St., Beaver Falls, was taken into custody on Monday morning. He was arraigned on a charge of conspiracy to commit homicide and placed in the Beaver County Jail on $50,000 bond, which he had not posted as of Tuesday. Goosby is tentatively scheduled for a preliminary hearing on Monday.

...Police said Velasquez shot Kayla Peterson, 22, of 516 13th St. about 3:30 p.m. Saturday when she got into a dispute with the three teens over their demand for a cigarette from her fiance, William Bailey, 28, whom they had followed to the couple’s home from J’s News on Seventh Avenue.

Bailey said he had ignored the teens, who used foul language and kept getting progressively louder, and kept walking, but when they got to his home, Peterson came out and said to the boys, “Why don’t you guys get a job?” Bailey said she also told them to quit running the streets.

That is when Velasquez allegedly pulled out a gun and fired at Peterson. She was flown to Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, where she died about two hours later as a result of a gunshot wound to her abdomen, authorities said.

http://www.ellwoodcityledger.com/ne...cle_6cb76397-1684-5771-85f7-0d26adafe34a.html

Children killing over a cigarette. Horrifying and heartbreaking. Why is our culture producing murderous children? My heart goes out to the victim's loved ones.

This is so heartbreaking. A precious little girl no longer has her mother. I hope the catch the boys fast.

Sad that there are kids like this in the world, that will kill a human for a cigarette or because someone "dissed" them.

I knew such a child. I taught in the inner city of New Orleans before Katrina. I taught kindergarten and first grade. Most kids were really wonderful and sweet but I had a first grade child that I KNEW would be arrested for murder one day soon (call him "Demond"). As young as he was, there was such a contempt for for others and a hatred and disregard for anyone else. I can best describe him as a "malignant child". There was something seriously wrong with him, even at that young age.

Seriously, this kid was scary. He told me he would "bust a cap in my *advertiser censored*" more than once, and knowing him and his family, it was entirely believable. His family was full of criminals and violent kids. I tried to refer him for help but our principal and social worker were not interested in intervening and so there was little I could with him and he knew it.

Then came the day when he was viciously attacking another child (a tiny girl) and intervened and told the little girl to get behind me, that he wouldn't get past me. Well he turned his fury on me. He began hitting at me and I had to physically push him away from me.

Well, our school already had about 4 or 5 teacher out on "assault leave" after being viciously attacked by kids ( one was pushed down a flight of stairs, another had her arm broken when a student smashed her arm in a door, etc).

Our school had someone come and advise us how to deal with these situations. We were commanded that if we were attacked that we should stand there, with our arms up in the air so that the child couldn't say we had touched them. We were NOT to touch the child because that would be a liability for the school. We were told we would be arrested for defending ourselves or stopping a child from hurting us or anyone else.

Shortly there after, I handed in my resignation. I was no longer putting my life in danger in a situation where the administration didn't care. That was about 10 years ago.

And that boy, the "malignant child", what happened to him? As I predicted, "Demond" became a murdered. By age 17, he had already been arrested for murder and had long been considered a dangerous, violent felon by the police department before that.

How sad Kayla Peterson didn't have a firearm handy.

RIP pretty girl.

How sad Kayla Peterson didn't have a firearm handy.

RIP pretty girl.

Wish her fiance had a gun on him, too! If thugs are carrying guns & have no respect for life, we all should be protected!

Conceal Carry!!!

Marcus Velasquez will be tried as an adult for murder. The judge reject the defense motion to remand him to juvenile court.

In his written opinion...President Judge John D. McBride wrote, “Simply put, there are far too many negatives in this defendant’s history to lead this court to a favorable conclusion that he will be amenable to treatment in the juvenile justice system.

“This defendant is mature and criminally sophisticated in the ‘culture of the street’,” McBride wrote. “He has transported guns for other gang members, he has engaged in drug dealing, making daily sales of up to $500 on occasion, and, as noted, he claims to have shot the victim in this case to show his gang how tough he was.”

McBride noted that Velasquez was “sophisticated enough to escape the crime scene” and avoid apprehension for 10 days.

Velasquez has a history of delinquent behavior, including violent behavior, beginning when he was only 9 years old, McBride wrote.

...Velasquez is being held in the Beaver County Jail without bond.

http://www.ellwoodcityledger.com/ne...cle_76e2002e-3814-5d35-8c23-8725d8a54d60.html

They should not be tried in juvenile court. That's only prolonging the inevitable. They'll get out by the time they're 21, and go on to kill again. You'll be reading about them here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back