KS KS - Andrew Memmelaar, 17, Lehigh, 25 October 1975

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This MP casefile has been in NamUs for quite a while without a photo.

Andrew Memmellaar
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12181/11

I found his freshman-year photo in the 1974 Jeffersonville-Youngsville High School yearbook (which is only accessible if you are a paid subscriber to Classmates).

http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks...hool/162134?page=110&registrationId=619964631

AndrewMemmelaar_zps698baca9.jpg

LKA:
Date Last Seen: October 25, 1975
Age Last Seen: 17 years old
Circumstances: Per law enforcement: subject left Lehigh, Kansas enroute to Jeffersonville, NY, however never arrived.​

Physical Characteristics:
Height (inches): 71.0
Weight (pounds): 150.0
Hair Color: Red/Auburn
Eye Color: Blue
Scars and Marks: 1" scar on lower left arm, a scar made by removal of cyst near right armpit.
Skeletal Information: Right collar bone which had been broken at one time and had healed improperly​

Identifiers:
Dental: Available
DNA: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available​

He does not look 16 in that photo...

If he was a freshman in the 1973-74 school year, he was probably 14 or 15 (closer to 14, since class photos are usually taken at the beginning of the school year).

He went missing in Oct 75, which should have been a month or so into his Junior year (i.e., the 1975-76 school year).

They say he was 17 when he disappeared. If he was a Junior, we'd expect that he would be 16.

If he was a freshman in the 1973-74 school year, he was probably 14 or 15 (closer to 14, since class photos are usually taken at the beginning of the school year).

He went missing in Oct 75, which should have been a month or so into his Junior year (i.e., the 1975-76 school year).

They say he was 17 when he disappeared. If he was a Junior, we'd expect that he would be 16.

That's true. I think I subtracted wrong. Thanks. If he was 71" when he disappeared, he must have grown some in those couple of years.

Bump.

It seems that Andrew has a large family, assuming that the obituary for Mary Elizabeth Williams at http://www.recordonline.com/article/20050305/news/303059975 is that of his mother (she had several marriages, hence the name). Since she lived in Canton, Ks (very near LeHigh) and was born in 1935 I assume that the Andrew Memmelaar listed as her son predeceasing her must be our missing. In which case, when she died in 2005 Andrew had 8 surviving siblings (or half siblings). Since Mary was born in NY and other family members live there it also may explain why Andrew was travelling to NY.

Oh, I wish we had more details such as his method of transportation from Kansas to New York

I’ve tried adding his case file to the doe network but they are not accepting cases from the public yet. I will submit him when they allow public submissions again.

I also requested but they are still not accepting MP submissions from the public

DN_LOGO_cases.png

5345DMNY - Andrew Memmelaar

5345DMNY.jpg

Name: Andrew Memmelaar
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: October 25, 1975
Location Last Seen: Jeffersonville, Sullivan County, New York

Physical Description
Date of Birth: June 23, 1958
Race: White
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair Color: Red/Auburn, Shoulder Length
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Previously collarbone broken on the right side that didn't heal properly, One-inch scar on his lower left arm, Scar from cyst removed near his right armpit

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Andrew Memmelaar was last known to have been in Lehigh, Kansas. He was traveling to jeffersonville, New York as he had family there. He has not been seen or heard from again. New York police are investigating his case.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Sullivan County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Lieutenant Brian Boyd
Agency Phone Number: 845-794-7100
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: FSS03442

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NCMEC Case Number: 1180463
NamUs Case Number: MP12181

Information Source(s)
NamUs
NCMEC