NY NY - Patricia Laemmerhirt, 27, Westfield, 3 Apr 1976

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This MP casefile has been in NamUs for quite a while without a photo.

Patricia M Laemmerhirt (Maiden Name: Patricia M Sam)

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9541/6

I found her freshman-year photo in the 1965 Dunkirk (NY) High School yearbook (which is only accessible if you are a paid subscriber to Classmates).

http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/Dunkirk-High-School/181444?page=92

Note that this photo (approx age 14-15) was taken about 12 years prior to her April 1976 disappearance (at age 27).

PatriciaMSam-LaemmerhirtFreshman1965DunkirkHS_zps85bcc2b7.jpg

LKA:
Date Last Seen: April 3, 1976
Age Last Seen: 27 years old
Circumstances: Husband reported wife missing​

Physical Characteristics:
Height (inches): 61.0
Weight (pounds): 110.0
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Eyewearr: Wears glasses​

Identifiers:
Dental: Not Available
DNA: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available​

It's a shame they don't have a DNA sample for her, she had children so it's not like there is no one known to take a sample from.

Could Patricia be Ellery Doe? 193UFNY
Hey, Bit! Did you ever submit Patricia as a PM to Ellery Doe? I see a resemblance when comparing the composites to Patricia's photo but I don't see the wart and mole mentioned for JD. This could simply be an issue of a poor quality photo. I wonder if Patricia received medical care in Canada:
From The Doe Network profile - The victim had an IUD which was foreign made (Finland, Belgium and Holland), used in Canada but not distributed in the USA.

Hey, Bit! Did you ever submit Patricia as a PM to Ellery Doe? I see a resemblance when comparing the composites to Patricia's photo but I don't see the wart and mole mentioned for JD. This could simply be an issue of a poor quality photo. I wonder if Patricia received medical care in Canada:
From The Doe Network profile - The victim had an IUD which was foreign made (Finland, Belgium and Holland), used in Canada but not distributed in the USA.

No I didn't, but be my guest.

I forgot the names, but there are several people out here who can do a wonderful job in touching old pictures up. I wonder if that is possible with Patricia's picture.

If the remains are Patricia, I wonder if she was there by the trail the entire time? :(
I wonder if this would apply to the remains if they were Patricia’s? (From the article)

The skeletal remains are said to be intact and will be taken to the Mercyhurst University's morgue in North East Pennsylvania.

An aside, but I'm not sure I will ever view hiking or a walk in the woods quite the same after all the nights I spend "relaxing" here. Yikes!

I hope they are able to find more evidence at the scene to help figure out who these remains are.

I wonder if this would apply to the remains if they were Patricia’s? (From the article)

The skeletal remains are said to be intact and will be taken to the Mercyhurst University's morgue in North East Pennsylvania.

Mercyhurst University in North East, PA is where Dennis Dirkmaat is. He is the Gold Standard when it comes to Forensic Anthropology. He and his team will be the ones who will analyze (and possibly identify) the remains.

https://www.hdforensics.com/dirkmaat

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back