Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Connecticut School District on Lockdown Following Shooting Report (abcnews.go.com
A Connecticut school district is on lockdown today following reports of an unconfirmed shooting at an elementary school.

"Due to reports of a shooting as yet unconfirmed, the district is taking preventive measures by putting all schools in lockdown until we ensure the safety of all students and staff," Newton Public School District secretary of superintendent Kathy June said in a statement.

State police are sending units to Newtown following reports of a shooting at an elementary school.
A witness told News 8 she saw two children, one had a bloody face, the other with a hand injury.

State police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance would not confirm what is happening, but he told News 8 that several troopers are responding to the school at the request of Newtown police.
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/fairfield_cty/shooting-newtown-school#.UMtJO2_LQRl
Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys
[Newtown school shooting] RT @Lydkid: This is an "Active Scene", police are in the school. #Newtown
State police are responding to a report of a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, at 12 Dickenson Drive in Newtown.
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...-to-Shooting-at-School-Police--183498401.html

[School shooting] RT @hartfordcourant: state police say one shooter is dead, earlier reports of a second shooter are unconfirmed #Newtown
[Newtown school shooting] RT @kentonpierce: FBI swat team just arrived at Sandy Hook School.
Police are reporting a number of injured parties. The nature of their injuries is not clear.
http://www.courant.com/news/breakin...-incident-in-newtown-20121214,0,3969911.story

Updated at 10:37 a.m. [EST] on Dec. 14

State Police are stating that it’s no longer an active shooting scene at Sandy Hook School.
http://newtown.patch.com/articles/reports-of-shooting-at-sandy-hook-elementary-school
[Just in] WABC-TV reporting all students have been cleared from school where shooting took place in Newtown, Connecticut

[Just in] ABC News reporting shooter in Connecticut school incident is dead - WABC-TV
- - from WVIT livestream reports (link above)

Local hospital reports three transports via ambulance from the elementary school have been brought there.

State police going "room by room" to clear situation.

Parent says school has about 500 students, K-4.

RT @connpost: Police are questioning a handcuffed suspect in connection with the Newtown school shooting.
[Just in] WNBC-TV: As many as 4 adults injured in Newtown, Connecticut school shooting
Some children now being reunited with their parents, according to WVIT livestream.

I appreciate all the updates woofie. I'm at work and can't watch the livestream.

Do we know anything about the shooter? This is so depressing. What is wrong with this world?

I appreciate all the updates woofie. I'm at work and can't watch the livestream.

Do we know anything about the shooter? This is so depressing. What is wrong with this world?
You're welcome! The Reuters live updates link above is excellent, features all Producer Matthew's tweets.
MT @davealtimari: sources saying there are multiple victims including children in the Newtown shooting.
RT @hartfordcourant: Multiple shooting victims according to state police #Newtown
WVIT livestream: police conducting themselves as if there "may be a shooter at large" right now.
[Newtown school shooting] WABC-TV aerial footage shows law enforcement on roof of school at center of shooting in CT.
Confirmation by WNBC on WVIT livestream that one person is dead - the shooter.

School superintendent says parents may pick up their children who are students, at staging area at the fire house.

Saw this come up on my CNN news feed.
I just can't imagine this.

Thoughts & prayers with the safety of the teachers & students.
School should be a safe place.
These school shooting stories just right out break my heart.

:(

[Newtown school shooting] RT @hartfordcourant: children among victims in #Newtown school shooting, sources confirmed
[Just in] Police tell ABC News two gunmen involved in Connecticut school shooting - @ItsDavidFord
RT @harrisongolden: Two handguns recovered from #Newtown shooting site, sources involved with investigation tell @jonathan4ny.
Principal said to have been targeted, according to WVIT.

Brookfield and Monroe schools in addition to Newton, currently on lockdown.

Sandy Hook Elementary is in a "very residential" area.

Just looked, the principal is a woman...and they say the principal was the target...

On HLN they say there's a BOLO for a car. No details yet on that. (This info from Mike Brooks) Partial tag, vehicle last seen getting on hwy whose number I can't remember.

ETA Source: One shooter is dead. Police recovered two weapons. Not known if LE or shooter took his life. Can't confirm if there was another perp.

This is so sad... I am tears thinking about the children and adults. Makes me want to go get my kids out of school.

Not another one!!! OMG this is sooo sad and scary!! I hope those children are okay. Makes me want to go pull mine out of school. :(

There are no confirmed reports by any news organization of a deceased child in connection with CT school shooting.

[Programming note] Reporters on scene say police will hold press briefing on CT school shooting at 1pm ET (1800 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82