Hilary faints- suffers concussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Secretary of state faints, sustains concussion
WASHINGTON (AP) — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, who skipped an overseas trip this past week because of a stomach virus, sustained a concussion after fainting, the State Department said Saturday.
The 65-year-old Clinton, who's expected to leave her job soon after serving as America's top diplomat during President Barack Obama's first term, is recovering at home after the incident last week and is being monitored by doctors, according to a statement by aide Philippe Reines.

http://news.yahoo.com/secretary-state-faints-sustains-concussion-172605823--politics.html

I hope she is okay.

Am I the only noticing her looking pale the last year or so, and not so well?

Best wishes to her and hope it is nothing serious.

I call BS too.

Sorry, but I just don't think so...Hillary has confronted presidents and foreign ministers of other countries about their lack of cooperation in the WOT and their human rights problems....shying away from a bunch of Republicans is not her style, besides she has already spoken out about this blown up out of proportion for political reasons situation several times....at the pace she has been going to get the job done before she leaves, it's no wonder she's gotten sick and I hope she has a quick recovery......IMO

I call BS too.

I don't think it's bs, Hillary took on a job when it seemed the entire world hated us. It's not easy traveling from country to country, eating all these weird foods, constantly suffering from jet lag, not to mention the stress factor. I think she has done the best she could, with the mess she took on. She has skated through scandal after scandal, and came out smelling like a rose.

Secretary Clinton - who, before one calls "bs" (incredibly wrongheaded in my book), one should also realize is one of the most accomplished women in the history of our country, having served as First Lady of Arkansas, First Lady of the United States, senator from New York, and now Secretary of State - was quoted as saying just after the election that she "wanted to sleep for a year" when her time at State was through, she was so tired, and also missed a trip to Syria last week because of complications of flu. Plenty of reason to topple over and (ouch) suffer a concussion. But some people just will not see what's in front of them, suffering perhaps from post-election loss as they seem to be.

I wish I could double like your post wfgodot. She is the last person on earth that I would believe would "have the vapors" in order to avoid the task a hand. She is a powerhouse, she is extremely tough and clearly unbelievably resilient given what she has had to face with the eyes of the world on her.

I wish I could double like your post wfgodot. She is the last person on earth that I would believe would "have the vapors" in order to avoid the task a hand. She is a powerhouse, she is extremely tough and clearly unbelievably resilient given what she has had to face with the eyes of the world on her.
Thanks.

I've always liked her better than her husband though I did vote for him twice. "Powerhouse" is indeed the right word for her.

She's a Scorpio. ;)
The double influence of Pluto suggests that although you are sensitive, with immense charm, you can also be resolute and courageous, with a fighting spirit. This inner strength also points to a dynamic willpower, enabling you to rejuvenate yourself or overcome obstacles.
http://www.randomhouse.com/rhpg/promos/powerofbirthdays/dates.html

My first thought wasn't that I thought it was BS, but the timing is helpful for her testimony to not happen. (Between State Dept security and USSS around for Bill, etc., it'd be hard for her to fake it, LOL. JMO and I could be wrong - again, ha!) I can believe she's physically and mentally worn down.

Her testimony was supposed to be next week; then there were report she was sick and had to cancel travel last week; then Amb Rice withdrew her name as the successor...then there were more comments being floated around that Clinton would not testify because it could harm her chances for 2016; then today she's fallen and has a concussion, and today friends of Kerry are now saying the job will be offered to him.

So, Hillary can't testify this coming week, then it's Christmas and holidays, and next thing it's after January 1st....I bet her testimony will continue to get delayed until she's out of office...it's already been 4 months and it hasn't happened. She's got critical info and there always appears to be something more pressing in her schedule.

JMO and:moo:

I still call BS on her concussion so that she can't testify next week...come on now. That is really stretching the sympathy card. It probably gave her amnesia to any events that happened at all.

Not sure why I'm the one who's being responded to for voicing my opinion. You can all have your own opinion about her but, you'll never change my opinion of her. I can't stand that woman.

IMO, JMO, MOO

My first thought wasn't that I thought it was BS, but the timing is helpful for her testimony to not happen. (Between State Dept security and USSS around for Bill, etc., it'd be hard for her to fake it, LOL. JMO and I could be wrong - again, ha!) I can believe she's physically and mentally worn down.

Her testimony was supposed to be next week; then there were report she was sick and had to cancel travel last week; then Amb Rice withdrew her name as the successor...then there were more comments being floated around that Clinton would not testify because it could harm her chances for 2016; then today she's fallen and has a concussion, and today friends of Kerry are now saying the job will be offered to him.

So, Hillary can't testify this coming week, then it's Christmas and holidays, and next thing it's after January 1st....I bet her testimony will continue to get delayed until she's out of office...it's already been 4 months and it hasn't happened. She's got critical info and there always appears to be something more pressing in her schedule.

JMO and:moo:

They can always call her to testify at any time, even after she is out of office, if they think her information is necessary....

I hope she is okay.

Am I the only noticing her looking pale the last year or so, and not so well?Best wishes to her and hope it is nothing serious.

BBM

I have also noticed that she looks pale, tired and stressed. Hardly ever smiling. I think this job has taken a terrible toll on her. I personally believe that her philosophy of foreign relations are different from Obama's agenda and having to do things 'his' way must have been very hard to manage.
She after all was vying for POTUS and would have had her own strong opinions but had to do as his admin said. :banghead:
One snarky comment. . . could she please take a day off and get her hair styled to look more professional? :please:

I have no idea whether or not there are machinations a'foot in order to delay her testimony. There is not a chance in hell that Hilary would agree to a story that she fainted and had a concussion. I absolutely refuse to believe that she would ever willingly and knowingly present herself as being weak. IMO, that would be the equivalent to her being unable to meet with a dignitary because she broke a nail.

She will be fine, and she will present her testimony. And in the meantime, I wish her a very speedy recovery and my deepest appreciation for the job she has done during an unbearably turbulent time.

Three little monkies jumping on the bed, one fell off and bumped their head...Momma called the doctor and the doctor said, two more monkies jumping on the bed...

May Hilary have a speedy recovery.

I agree. If it is so she wouldn't have to testify call it a TIA! (mini-stroke)
That affected her memory.
I think she will testify...
moo

They can always call her to testify at any time, even after she is out of office, if they think her information is necessary....

I realize that, but the sense of urgency, the lack of key points may be delayed, lost, etc....

JMO

I still call BS on her concussion so that she can't testify next week...come on now. That is really stretching the sympathy card. It probably gave her amnesia to any events that happened at all.

Not sure why I'm the one who's being responded to for voicing my opinion. You can all have your own opinion about her but, you'll never change my opinion of her. I can't stand that woman.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Yep, I agree you're entitled to you opinion and I always hate to see that if someone disagrees with a person's opinion, others chime in and say it's because people are sore losers, etc.

No, people are entitled to their opinions and it can be for many other reasons than just "sore losers," etc. Of course, they're entitled to their opinions that critics are "sore losers," but to me it shows they're short-sighted in their thought process...that others may have differences of opinion for other legitimate reasons.

This is a general comment and not specific to any post upthread...it's just common in this day and age, social media and all.........

Off rant.

Yep, I agree you're entitled to you opinion and I always hate to see that if someone disagrees with a person's opinion, others chime in and say it's because people are sore losers, etc.

No, people are entitled to their opinions and it can be for many other reasons than just "sore losers," etc. Of course, they're entitled to their opinions that critics are "sore losers," but to me it shows they're short-sighted in their thought process...that others may have differences of opinion for other legitimate reasons.

This is a general comment and not specific to any post upthread...it's just common in this day and age, social media and all.........

Off rant.

You know I always find it eye opening when I have a problem with what someone in politics does or says that is obviously wrong, and I voice a comment that has to do with the "wrong doing" I then read comments as if I am just suppose to give the person a free pass because if I don't then I am just trying to make it political or I am bias. As I have said before wrong is wrong I don't care one ioda who is on what side of the coin. They are our elected representatives and they have jobs that are suppose to be for the good of the people, us here in the USA. They are in charge of making decisions that are suppose to protect our people that are stationed abroad.
Someone in charge of their safely dropped the ball and 4 Americans are dead. I just find the timing off, and I do know that hillary enjoys to drink and the holiday parties are in full swing. They still have not said when and where she fell. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz