CANADA Canada - Oshawa, Ont, WhtMale, 20-40, in woods, Mar'12

Fin

Reaction score
OshawaRemains found in a densely wooded area to the north east of the junction of Winchester Road and Ritson Road in rural Oshawa, Ontario
224 lbs
full set teeth
well nourished
brown hair, short than collar.

There is an image at the following link: warning**

http://www.missing-u.ca/UIDetail.aspx?PersonID=2108

Scar, Knee - Front Left Leg, Possible 8 cm vertical scar

Clothing

Red Misty Mountain Waterproof Mens Jacket with folded hood under collar, Size XL. Green Pathfinder Pants by Kodiak, Size 44x31. Black Carroll Reed Collections Sweatpants, Size L. "1897" Black Leather Belt. Weather Spirits Thinsulate Insulation Work Boots, Size 10. Black Hooded Sweatshirt, Size L. 2 pairs of black socks.

Personal Property

Near the body, a black nylon gym bag containing a package of "PURE" brand cigarettes, a mickey bottle of peach schnapps, and a mickey bottle of Southern Comfort were found. A pair of nylon winter gloves were on top of the bag.

I wonder if he passed of hypothermia... if he were well nourished maybe this was a suicide? Not sure.

I wonder if he passed of hypothermia... if he were well nourished maybe this was a suicide? Not sure.

Hypothermia could be a possibility, although we did have an unusually mild winter last year. Details are always few with Canadian reporting. :( This is the first I have heard of this case.

Here is some additional information I found..

OSHAWA -- Police have appealed for information from the public as they attempt to identify a man whose body was found several weeks ago in an Oshawa park.

Foul play is not suspected in the death of the man, whose remains were discovered by hikers March 14 in a wooded area northeast of Knights of Columbus Park. The park is located between Harmony Road and Farewell Street, south of King Street East.

more in the link below.

http://www.durhamregion.com/news/ar...-identify-remains-of-man-found-in-oshawa-park

pure brand cigarettes...never heard of these...

it seems to me , though, that smokers often prefer one specific brand. this may be a huge key to this person's identity.

however, if you have no cigarettes, perhaps any kind would be accepted rather than having none. so maybe this is not that helpful a tip.

here is Jody Denis, missing since 2001 from BC. The height is right. 5'9".
the uid has no eye color determination.
it is not clear to me if the uid has a mole on his chin...i cannot tell.

it seems to me , though, that smokers often prefer one specific brand. this may be a huge key to this person's identity.

however, if you have no cigarettes, perhaps any kind would be accepted rather than having none. so maybe this is not that helpful a tip.

I've never heard of Pure either, perhaps they are from the reservations??

Pure is an electronic cigarette.
Don't know if that is much help except that I don't imagine that someone suicidal would worry that much about their lungs.
Did they release a cause of death? I really love Canada but I do wish they would let loose of a bit more information for some of their UID cases.

Also, his image is especially creepy to me; for some reason they photoshopped someone else's eyes in there and it reminds me of the old Clutch Cargo cartoon series, where they superimposed an actor's mouth on an animated face. Wonder why they did that? No eyes?

Pure is an electronic cigarette.
Don't know if that is much help except that I don't imagine that someone suicidal would worry that much about their lungs.
Did they release a cause of death? I really love Canada but I do wish they would let loose of a bit more information for some of their UID cases.

I googled Pure Brand and it appears there are cigarettes with that brand and not just the e-cig.

14406.jpg

http://www.hiwtc.com/products/pure-lights-cigarettes-3585-14406.htm

58d1833a8694ac6cadb6c1b44294f953.jpg

http://www.agriculturesource.com/p-pure-full-flavor-pure-menthol-cigarettes-323863.html

I'm going to guess that since it was described as a "package" of cigarettes then it would be this brand and not the e-cig where only 1 or 2 cigarettes are purchased and people don't normally carry it in a pack but rather just in their pocket or purse, etc.

IMO

ETA: Agree with you regarding Canadian cases. Very frustrating.

So they arent Canadian or American cigarettes... :waitasec: Not sure why I am so fixated on them, maybe I need a smoke. :giggle:

I am a non smoker, I had never heard of Pure cigarettes before, only the e-cig. They do come in a "pack" that has a charger in it.
I'm a non drinker also - what is a mickey bottle? Enough in it to share with Minnie?
With that previous skull fracture Jody Denis should be an easy match or ruleout - he surely has skull x-rays on file. Time and distance do not make this look promising, however.

I am a non smoker, I had never heard of Pure cigarettes before, only the e-cig. They do come in a "pack" that has a charger in it.
I'm a non drinker also - what is a mickey bottle? Enough in it to share with Minnie?
With that previous skull fracture Jody Denis should be an easy match or ruleout - he surely has skull x-rays on file. Time and distance do not make this look promising, however.

In Canada there are 3 sizes of liquor; a mickey, a 26er and a 40 pounder ;)
The distance between BC and Ont is pretty far so not too sure about that either but you can't rule it out. :waitasec: 'Linda' from Delaware showed up in a womans shelter in Toronto a few months back and I would never have guessed that possible.

Seems to me that in an era of modern transportation, very few places in North America justify "how did s/he get there?" The answer in most cases would be, they hitched a ride, took a plane, drove all night, etc. People travel. Lots. Long distances.

He does resemble the UID and fit the description.

I think because he was well-nourished and had a full set of teeth he probably had the $$ to throw away on cigs. I think you're right about the brand being a key.

There are two vastly different areas given for his discovery.

The link in the OP - a rural area NE or Winchester/Ritson is definitely "country" - not very developed at this point.

But the local news article states that he was found NE of Knights of Columbus Park, which is right in town, roughly 10km south of the other location.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back