GUILTY OH - Dr. Mark Shaffer for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Aurora, 2012

shaffer-jpeg.jpg

Let's get his image out there...

“He disclosed that for many years he has been engaged in sexual activity with children,” said Aurora Police Chief Seth Riewaldt. “A conviction of any one of these serious charges is going to put him away for, probably, the rest of his life.”

http://fox8.com/2012/12/12/more-alleged-victims-come-forward-in-doctor-abuse-case/

Dr. Mark B. Shaffer Jr., 79, entered the plea at his arraignment in Portage County Common Pleas Court. Judge John Enlow set bond at 10 percent of $1 million and set a trial date for Jan. 23.

http://www.auroraadvocate.com/news ...doctor-pleads-not-guilty-to-child-sex-charges

If you have any information on this case, contact the Aurora Police detective bureau at 330-562-8181.

Please, if you are a victim, you are not alone. If you know or suspect you know a victim, please contact PD.

This guy was an internist at University Hospital from 2008 on. I am going to see if I can find his CV online to see where he was prior-he is 79 years old.

Identification Information[back]
Name
Dr. MARK BAYLIES SHAFFER JR
Birth Date: 11/1933
Birth Place: CLEVELAND, OH
Birth Country:
Practice
8185 WASHINGTON ST
CHAGRIN FALLS, OH 44023

ResidenceAURORA, OH 44202
County: Portage
Professional
Education
School: 036010-Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
Graduated: 06/17/59

License and Registration Information
LIC Number 35.023758
Doctor of Medicine 08/26/1959 01/01/2014 ACTIVE
Specialties INTERNAL MEDICINE

His license is still active.

Can anyone find a CV for him online? My sleuthing skills are so bad...

Sick! That reminds me of my first gynaecologist who later got arrested in the USA by the FBI for trying to buy 2 children over the internet to abuse them. Luckily it was a trap and he now is in jail.

There's nothing else out there on this guy.

These poor kids.

Imo, if he assaulted them in his practice, he assaulted them outside his practice as well. JMO

Imo, if he assaulted them in his practice, he assaulted them outside his practice as well. JMO

ITA.....I don't want life for him, though he most likely will die in the due process of law......I want him strapped down facing the shot that ends it all!

His license is still active.

It looks as if Ohio isn't really picky about who they license. My obstetrician, who was a partner in a well-known Annapolis (Maryland) practice surrendered his medical license in November 1992 (a year after my daughter was born) amid allegations of having sexual relations with five patients.

One former patient, a young woman from Annapolis, accused him of impregnating her and then arranging for an abortion. Four other women complained that he violated their trust by using his position to seduce or take advantage of them.

The State Board of Physician Quality Assurance began an investigation and subsequently, the board voted to charge Dr. Briggs with unprofessional conduct. The Annapolis physician responded by relinquishing his license to practice in Maryland, a "plea bargain" with the board, said Executive Director J. Michael Compton.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1992-11-20/news/1992325020_1_annapolis-briggs-medical-license

Apparently he's still working as an OB/GYN, after relocating to Westerville (or Columbus) OH.

http://www.healthcare.com/profile/jeffrey-allen-briggs/

Can anyone find a CV for him online? My sleuthing skills are so bad...

Medical Schools:
CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIV SCH OF MED
Graduated: 1959
Residency Hospital:
Midmichigan Med Center Midland

Bandbridge Health Center
8185 Washington St Suite 1
Chagrin Falls, OH 44023

TRAINING:
St Luke'S Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Midmichigan Med Ctr-Midland, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Mark Shaffer Jr, MD

I cannot for the life of me find this guys CV? And its not for lack of trying.

Medical Schools:
CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIV SCH OF MED
Graduated: 1959
Residency Hospital:
Midmichigan Med Center Midland

Bandbridge Health Center
8185 Washington St Suite 1
Chagrin Falls, OH 44023

TRAINING:
St Luke'S Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Midmichigan Med Ctr-Midland, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Mark Shaffer Jr, MD

I cannot for the life of me find this guys CV? And its not for lack of trying.

Ditto. Which is interesting to me. Did he lecture anywhere? Maybe we can find one that way. BRB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back