Australia - Leanne Holland, 12, abducted & murdered, Ipswich, Qld, 23 Sept 1991

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...land-murder-case/story-e6freoof-1226539696213

Kate Kyriacou From: The Courier-Mail December 18, 2012 1:26PM

QUEENSLAND'S Director of Public Prosecutions will not retry Graham Stafford for the 1991 murder of schoolgirl Leanne Holland.

skynews_3708887.jpg

Interesting - Stafford has said in this morning's MSM that he is disappointed that he WON'T be re-tried, as he is currently in limbo and wants to prove his innocence.

I do know, though, that a lot of people are convinced he is innocent. And I really wonder if the police have explored the other possibilities that have been raised, especially by Graeme Crowley and Paul Wilson....

Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie announces review into murder case against Graham Stafford

December 20, 2012

A FORMER Supreme Court judge and solicitor-general will go over the evidence against Graham Stafford to decide whether the Attorney-General should bring him to trial for a second time over the murder of schoolgirl Leanne Holland.
Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie made the dramatic announcement this afternoon, two days after police revealed the Director of Public Prosecutions had ruled out retrying Stafford for murder

Mr Bleijie has the power to charge Stafford in an ex-officio indictment – despite the DPP’s decision to drop the matter.

"As I have the power to order the re-trial of Graham Stafford independent of the DPP, I have decided to seek independent advice on the strength of the evidence," Mr Bleijie said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-graham-stafford/story-e6freoof-1226541343543

I think the judge should look not JUST at the strength of the evidence against Stafford, BUT also at the strength of the evidence against the other possible perpetrator(s) suggested by Crowley and Wilson and others.

Oh, sorry - I forgot. The police didn't go into that. They just focused on Stafford. I know they say they looked at the alternatives, but I doubt their hearts were in it, as it would have meant admitting they were wrong and that Stafford spent over 14 years in the nick for nothing.

This case REALLY needs a totally independent enquiry and review, NOT just the police checking themselves, which is what has happened.

I am so glad that Websleuths are also discussing this case. I find this case extremely frustrating yet interesting. I have gone over the charges, the evidence listed and the inconsistencies that are talked about seems to be human error that can be rectified by intense and more accurate forensic testing.

I am sure with this second investigation a proper DNA profile was established.

I fail to understand that the Police will say they have enough NEW evidence to lock him up again if it is not true.

However, Graham has been insistent of his innocence. He stands strong in his defence.

I wonder if they explored the story about the woman that came out later saying that her dad murdered Leanne. The claims she made gave me goose bumps.

Am wanting to research here and as usual start at the beginning. If anyone has the book that was written 'Leanne is missing' (or something similar) can you please check for me.

I need the actual address where Leanne Holland lived and the address where her body was located. Thanks.

Her corpse was found at 1.42 pm on Thursday, 26 September 1991 in bushland about 150 metres from the intersection of Redbank Plains Road and Greenwood Village Road. This location was 8.9 kilometres from her home in Alice Street, Goodna. As for the actual address, I have not seen the house number in any transcripts but the house has never been renovated so should look exactly the same, maybe can find it on google street view.

Her corpse was found at 1.42 pm on Thursday, 26 September 1991 in bushland about 150 metres from the intersection of Redbank Plains Road and Greenwood Village Road. This location was 8.9 kilometres from her home in Alice Street, Goodna. As for the actual address, I have not seen the house number in any transcripts but the house has never been renovated so should look exactly the same, maybe can find it on google street view.
Cheers, Karo. :gthanks:

I am so glad that Websleuths are also discussing this case. I find this case extremely frustrating yet interesting. I have gone over the charges, the evidence listed and the inconsistencies that are talked about seems to be human error that can be rectified by intense and more accurate forensic testing.

I wonder if they explored the story about the woman that came out later saying that her dad murdered Leanne. The claims she made gave me goose bumps.

I read the statement by the daughter 'Kim' re her father (the one who liked to make cigarette burns). Was there ever mention of who this serial criminal and rapist was/is? A link would be mighty handy here.

I have not seen his name anywhere except for Barry being mentioned but nothing else, so supposing here that he is a protected person.

Anyone heard any more about this case recently? Seems to have gone very quiet after all the initial blast of publicity....

April 04, 2013

GRAHAM Stafford is yet to find out if he will again be brought to trial for the murder of schoolgirl Leanne Holland after Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie sought "further legal advice".
Former Supreme Court Judge Kenneth Mackenzie QC independently reviewed evidence against Mr Stafford and has passed his recommendations on to Mr Bleijie.

It followed the Director of Public Prosecutions last year ruling out pursuing the case because it was "not in the public interest". This followed a two-year review by police that found there was sufficient new evidence for successful prosecution.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...retrial-decision/story-e6freoof-1226612008689

Graham Stafford claims Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie wants to re-try him for murder of Leanne Holland

October 17, 2013

SECRET legal advice has found there is a basis for prosecuting Graham Stafford for the murder of Leanne Holland, but it is not worth pursuing any charges.
Attorney-General Jarrod Bliejie, who commissioned a review of the case last year, has sought the opinion of yet another lawyer and has refused to rule out re-prosecuting Mr Stafford.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...f-leanne-holland/story-fnihsrf2-1226741231124

Graham Stafford won’t face new trial over murder of Leanne Holland, 13

April 11, 2014 2:10PM

GRAHAM Stafford will no longer face the prospect of a new trial over the murder of 13-year-old Leanne Holland.

Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie has announced he will not proceed with an ex-officio indictment against him.

Mr Stafford was convicted of the murder in 1992 but the conviction was set aside by the Court of Appeal in 2009.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...eanne-holland-13/story-fnihsrf2-1226881013323

I was hoping to see more about this by now but it looks like nothing is happening still. I did read recently that Stafford has finally been allowed to have some documents relating to the review after previously being refused and as I understand it, he has to pay over $3000 for the privilege. Seems very wrong to me given it has already been done and paid for from the taxpayers purse.

This whole case is so wrong. I've been researching it for ages and it is so corrupt and unjust.

Further to this, they still refuse to hand over the documents.

I was hoping to see more about this by now but it looks like nothing is happening still. I did read recently that Stafford has finally been allowed to have some documents relating to the review after previously being refused and as I understand it, he has to pay over $3000 for the privilege. Seems very wrong to me given it has already been done and paid for from the taxpayers purse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back