smilies

trixie

Former Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why I can't use smilies? Everytime I try to use one in my text, like this one for example, it comes up by the TITLE but not down here in the text. Can someone clue me in?

Do you have java script disabled, trixie?

That might be the reason. If you want, I can copy the codes for each smile, and send to you like this
:{clap}: <---minus the { } you get :clap:

If you run your mouse over the smile, can you read the name of the smile, like on clap, can you see the word clap?

If you can see the name, you can type in :whatever-the-smile-name-is: and you'll have your smilies!!

Hope this helps, Lanie
*if not, e-mail me at HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com and I will send you the entire list, ok?*

Hi! I'm still not sure what you mean, but when I point my curser at it I can read what it says. Do you mean I would have to type in the whole word,( like clap)? I was hoping I could just click on the little circle space beside the smilie or on the smilie itself. I don't have javascript disabled, unless it disabled itself? My computer just ran some automatic updates and turned itself off for 2 days in a row now. Would that possibly affect it? I used to be able to use smilies but now it will only show up by the title. Thank you for helping me. I'm on and off the internet alot so if I don't answer you right away please be patient with me. I WILL get back to you. Thanks again for your help.

trixie said:
Hi! I'm still not sure what you mean, but when I point my curser at it I can read what it says. Do you mean I would have to type in the whole word,( like clap)? ...

Hi, trixie!
Exactly, if the smile says clap, you will need to type a colon, the word clap, and another colon.

Like this

:#clap#:

without the # signs, and no spaces

You can practice here, if you'd like.

Blessings to you, Lanie

Got it. Thank you WasBlind and I hope you have a happy Valentines Day! :)

Aw, thank you trixie. I pray your Valentine's Day was blessed, as well.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

How do you use smilies that aren't in our standard list? I've seen some really cute ones and have no idea how to add them to my posts. :confused:

NewMom2003 said:
How do you use smilies that aren't in our standard list? I've seen some really cute ones and have no idea how to add them to my posts. :confused:

You just go to different smiley sites and copy and paste the code in here.

ex: www.bestsmileys.com and there are more.

BALLOONS.GIF

Cool!!! Thanks Jovin!

I just had to try this new smilie to see if I could do it
2.gif

nope :(

trying again :doh:

GabbyG said:
I just had to try this new smilie to see if I could do it
2.gif

nope :(

trying again :doh:

YAYYY ty so much for the tutorial here!!! :clap:

Hi everyone...

Regarding smilies...Has any of you used the GETSMILE program that you can purchase online??? The website is getsmile.com If any of you use this program, how do you like it, and have you had any problems with it. It looks really good, and you get tons of great smilies. So let me know please! :D

lilpony said:
Hi everyone...

Regarding smilies...Has any of you used the GETSMILE program that you can purchase online??? The website is getsmile.com If any of you use this program, how do you like it, and have you had any problems with it. It looks really good, and you get tons of great smilies. So let me know please! :D

Why pay for something you can get for free and don't have to download? There are lots of sites to use and they're good.

Jovin

Jovin said:
Why pay for something you can get for free and don't have to download? There are lots of sites to use and they're good.

Jovin
Thanks Jovin, I have just been looking around since you showed me some. Was just looking to see what kind were out there. I went to bestsmilies that you told me about, was going to copy those also. Having a lot of smilies will be cool.:D

lilpony said:
Thanks Jovin, I have just been looking around since you showed me some. Was just looking to see what kind were out there. I went to bestsmilies that you told me about, was going to copy those also. Having a lot of smilies will be cool.:D

But if you think it's worth it, go for it. I used to have Smiley Central..free but you have to download it. I started having so much trouble with my computer and kept getting rid of it and downloading it again. finally had to give up on it, but others seem to have no trouble..

www.smileycentral.com

Jovin said:
But if you think it's worth it, go for it. I used to have Smiley Central..free but you have to download it. I started having so much trouble with my computer and kept getting rid of it and downloading it again. finally had to give up on it, but others seem to have no trouble..

www.smileycentral.com
Yeah, I remember when you said you had to much trouble with smiley central. My son said he has the same problem with it too. I will look at SC but I thought when you used SC it will say the receiver has to have it also to see the smiley. I could be wrong. Did I confuse you?:waitasec:

I am just trying out if my smiley is working...Testing...

lilpony said:
I am just trying out if my smiley is working...Testing...
WooHoo, it worked.....yes....I have new smileys. I'm so lucky...

lilpony said:
Yeah, I remember when you said you had to much trouble with smiley central. My son said he has the same problem with it too. I will look at SC but I thought when you used SC it will say the receiver has to have it also to see the smiley. I could be wrong. Did I confuse you?:waitasec:

I"m too tired to know if I'm confused..no the receiver doesn't have to have it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back