GUILTY TX - Cpl. Jimmie Norman, 53, & bystander fatally shot, Bellaire, 24 Dec 2012

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Bellaire police officer, bystander killed in shootout (Houston Chronicle)
A Bellaire police officer and a bystander are dead after a motorist opened fire following a traffic stop Monday morning in the 5600 block of Bellaire near Alder, officials said. The suspected gunman was wounded.

The officer stopped the driver of a black Honda for a traffic violation near Jessamine and Maple Ridge, said John Cannon, spokesman for the Houston Police Department.

The driver sped away, Cannon said, and the officer gave chase.

The suspect turned into the driveway of a Maaco body shop at 5625 Bellaire. The Bellaire officer followed the Honda into the shop's parking lot about 8:50 a.m.

The suspected gunman shot and wounded the officer. Then he fatally shot a bystander, believed to be the Maaco manager, who came outside when he heard gunshots.
---
more at the link above

How sad that the families of two men who did nothing but go to work today are left to mourn on Christmas Eve.

The shooter apparently was determined to kill anyone who got in his way.
I wonder why the cop did not draw his gun before approaching the car ?

I went to highschool with police officer and his wife..He was a wonderful guy...such a tragedy... (TGI, the same question crossed my mind too :(

From August 2014:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/m...re-police-officer-sentenced-to-death/27204642

A jury decided the punishment Tuesday for the man convicted of killing a Bellaire police officer and an innocent bystander in 2012. Harlem Harold Lewis III was sentenced to death. The verdict was returned after about 12 hours of deliberation.

Twelve jurors - nine men and three women - unanimously agreed that Lewis should pay with his own life for shooting and killing Cpl. Jimmie Norman, 53, and Maaco shop owner Terry Taylor, 66, at the end of a police chase on Christmas Eve.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back