Christmas Day Tornadoes: Southeast Texas to Florida

We are in the zone expected to be hit. We have been warned of winds at speeds of more than 75 miles per hour. Wow!. I will be praying that no one sustains any injuries or major damage during this storm. Unbelievable that such a strong storm would hit on Christmas day.

We live so far in the boonies that we will have to take a 4 wheeler to get to Mr Swamps mom and dads. On rainy days, our dirt driveway becomes half a mile of muddy mess so we park our cars up by the road and take the 4 wheeler to them.

You might wonder, "well why don't they just get the driveway paved?". Well it is half a mile long and even putting rocks on it would costs us thousands. Sooooo we just continue to use the 4 wheeler on rainy days or drive thru the pasture to get home. Sounds like a pain in the butt and it can be, but the benefits of living in such a private area make it all worth it.

We are in the zone expected to be hit. We have been warned of winds at speeds of more than 75 miles per hour. Wow!. I will be praying that no one sustains any injuries or major damage during this storm. Unbelievable that such a strong storm would hit on Christmas day.

We live so far in the boonies that we will have to take a 4 wheeler to get to Mr Swamps mom and dads. On rainy days, our dirt driveway becomes half a mile of muddy mess so we park our cars up by the road and take the 4 wheeler to them.

You might wonder, "well why don't they just get the driveway paved?". Well it is half a mile long and even putting rocks on it would costs us thousands. Sooooo we just continue to use the 4 wheeler on rainy days or drive thru the pasture to get home. Sounds like a pain in the butt and it can be, but the benefits of living in such a private area make it all worth it.

Yeah in the Midwest the rural areas almost never get plowed during snow. And it does cost a fortune just to put rocks on a dirt driveway. Then you have to level it with a tractor and let the driveway dry....and repeat often.

Be aware and safe Swampmama...hope you don't have any tornadoes on Christmas.

I am also in the area expected to be hit. I am a little worried. I love thunderstorms but this is a little much for me especially on Christmas. Its also a little concerning how they describe the storms.

All of you be careful SwampMama! We are in north Louisiana with rain to begin around midnight and storms tomorrow.

Lets hope the weather people are wrong on this forecast!

Praying all of you in the path stay safe, and have a very Merry Christmas!

:christmastree:

I'm praying everyone makes it thru this safely. We may lose power but luckily we have a generator. If there is any damage or car wrecks from this, we will be out there doing a rescue in the rain since Mr Swamp and I (and his dad, brother and my sis in law) are all on the fire department here.

Be safe everyone!!

If you are in a tornado warning area, please heed them and go to a shelter or safe spot away from windows.

Its starting, It is thundering hard and the rain has just begun. Be safe out there fellow websleuthers.

Winter storm Euclid looking pretty bad for today! Get out the weather radios and weather channel phone apps.

Nine inches of snow possible near the Missouri Arkansas border. Wind gusts up to 70 miles an hour possible in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

We are fortunate...no bad weather here...just freakin' freezing. Good thing as this is the only day the whole family can get together.

Guess I'd better get my behind in the kitchen and start cooking.

Merry Christmas to all!

Sitting here not sure what I should do. We are supposed to going to my Sister's for a family gathering and a big pot of seafood gumbo.

But I'm kinda scared to be out and about.

Woke up to more than a little dusting of snow in southeastern lower Michigan. A major :snowflake::snowflake::snowflake: is on it's way tomorrow afternoon through the evening and could bring 4-8" to the area.

If you are in the path of today's storms, please stay safe and warm and enjoy your holiday as best you can. :christmastree: :santahat:

picture.php

I am hoping all you Websleuthers and your loved ones who are in the path of these tornadoes and storms are safe and warm! :please:

:sleigh:

I'm praying everyone makes it thru this safely. We may lose power but luckily we have a generator.

Yeah gotta buy gas for the generator tomorrow in case it hits here. In the woods nearby there is a graveyard with 4 victims of the "tornado enigma" circa 1884, mother and her 3 kids (5th victim of the family, the infant, was never found). Thousands died across the south in that 2 or 3 days.

Enigma tornado outbreak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If I hear a train coming I will be having a conversation with God. Doubt that will happen but I do need to buy gas for the generator as if the power goes out it won't be a "conversation" as much as cursing. : )

Authorities: Storm blamed for man's death in Texas

http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...ass&action=1&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_USNWU00L1_UNEWS

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Freezing rain and sleet made for a sloppy Christmas morning trek in parts of the nation's midsection on Tuesday, while residents along the Gulf Coast braced for thunderstorms, high winds and tornadoes.

Winds toppled a tree onto a pickup truck in the Houston area, killing the driver. Icy roads already were blamed for a 21-vehicle pileup in Oklahoma, where authorities warned would-be travelers to stay home. Fog blanketed highways, including arteries in the Atlanta area where motorists slowed as a precaution. In New Mexico, drivers across the eastern plains had to fight through snow, ice and low visibility.............more at link.....

They just issued a tornado warning for my town.
This is scary.

Praying for everyone.

They are touching down all around us.

It will calm down now, I went out and took down all my Christmas decorations. The rain and wind has not stopped since I put them up.

Under tornado warnings in Hammond, Louisiana....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back