Found Deceased PA - Jacob Lipp, 27, Pittsburgh, 16 Dec 2012

Sigh Sister

Reaction score
http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/family-pleads-safe-return-missing-north-huntingdon/nTgjh/

"Jacob Lipp, 27, was last seen in the morning hours of Dec. 16 after spending time with his girlfriend in Pittsburgh, said authorities.
According to police, Lipp and his girlfriend had been drinking at the Static Bar in the strip district. The couple got into a fight and the woman drove off, leaving Lipp outside the McDondald’s restaurant on Penn Avenue, said detectives. Investigators said the woman circled the block, and then returned, but Lipp was gone and hasn't been seen since."

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012...e-searching-for-missing-north-huntington-man/

"According to police, 27-year-old Jacob Lipp of North Huntingdon was last seen around 3 a.m. on Dec. 16 in the parking lot of the McDonald’s at1630 Penn Avenue after a night at the Static Bar in the Strip District."

Not a great place to be left off at night. I guess there is no video at McDonalds to back up her story or see if he walked off in any direction. I have to wonder how much they drank. What kind of condition were they in? They need to check old buildings, rivers, waterways, even stairways that are leading to basements of old buildings. He may have been mugged.

The strip district runs along the banks of the Allegheny river.

I think that would be the best place to look for him unfortunately...

Even though... I get a weird feeling about this case, like he left on his own... don't know why... just a feeling.

Not a great place to be left off at night. I guess there is no video at McDonalds to back up her story or see if he walked off in any direction. I have to wonder how much they drank. What kind of condition were they in? They need to check old buildings, rivers, waterways, even stairways that are leading to basements of old buildings. He may have been mugged.

I'm wondering if he was last seen by the GF or if there was an independent sighting of him, either by a witness or video.

The strip district runs along the banks of the Allegheny river.

I think that would be the best place to look for him unfortunately...

Even though... I get a weird feeling about this case, like he left on his own... don't know why... just a feeling.

Could be, but there has been no activity on his bank accounts.

Could be, but there has been no activity on his bank accounts.

This may sound silly to some... but I get these weird feelings when I read missing person cases.

My weird thought on this one... the fight between he and his girlfriend was another woman... who probably showed up at the club they were at.
He and girlfriend leave... fight in the car... other woman follows... picks him up the minute girlfriend drops him off.
Accounts for him being gone so fast from McDonalds.
Other woman plays Sugar Mama to "keep him".
Accounts for the no bank account movement.

Just what popped into my head. No evidence to prove it.

I would love to hear from the girlfriend for more specifics....
And, it is hard for me to believe there aren't witnesses. At 3 a.m when the bars start to close, McDonald's has GOT to be a hopping place.
It is in every other place I've seen...

This may sound silly to some... but I get these weird feelings when I read missing person cases.

My weird thought on this one... the fight between he and his girlfriend was another woman... who probably showed up at the club they were at.
He and girlfriend leave... fight in the car... other woman follows... picks him up the minute girlfriend drops him off.
Accounts for him being gone so fast from McDonalds.
Other woman plays Sugar Mama to "keep him".
Accounts for the no bank account movement.

Just what popped into my head. No evidence to prove it.

I would love to hear from the girlfriend for more specifics....
And, it is hard for me to believe there aren't witnesses. At 3 a.m when the bars start to close, McDonald's has GOT to be a hopping place.
It is in every other place I've seen...

It would be informative, in this situation, to hear what the argument between he and his gf was about...

I like your theory... Instead of the one I was thinking of... Because he would still be safe if he was with another woman!

I am worried about the nearby water!:what:

It would be informative, in this situation, to hear what the argument between he and his gf was about...

I like your theory... Instead of the one I was thinking of... Because he would still be safe if he was with another woman!

I am worried about the nearby water!:what:

It is troublesome.
It appears McDonald's is about 3 blocks from the river... about a block from 16th where the bridge is.

http://www.yellowbook.com/directions/mcdonalds_1532442917.html

He was a LONG way from home, so I kinda doubt he started walking anywhere...

http://maps.yahoo.com/#q=North+Huntingdon%2C+PA+15642&conf=1&start=1&lat=40.329891&lon=-79.730751&zoom=11&mvt=m&trf=0

and if the girlfriend is telling the truth, he wouldn't have had time to get very far. Lends me to believe he got a ride pretty quick.
Makes me doubt a random act that quick.
Though, of course, anything is possible.

The reason I asked about how much they drank is because when you are tipsey, and are out walking in the dark, in an area like this, you can be hit by a car. He could have been thrown into the river, into an embankment. I bet it was cold and snowy and icy, so walking sober is a challenge, let alone drunk or tippsey. He could have been cold, tired, whatever and looked for a place to get shelter, and passed out. If it was cold enough, he could die and not be found for weeks depending on where he went.

So checking the river, old buildings, basements, embankments would help.

McDonalds, at least where I'm from, closes to foot traffic sometime around 1-2 AM until about 6-7 AM? You can drive up and order from the window, but you can't go in. I'd imagine in a urban area this is true also (especially if it isn't a great neighborhood).

Have a feeling this is yet another alcohol hastened hypothermia case.

There appears to be a surveillance camera on top of the back of the Mcdonald's. This view is from the alleyway behind the McDonald's....Looks to me like it's pointing right into the parking lot where Jacob Lipp was dropped off. Wonder if LE were able to get any footage, clues from this?

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1630+penn+avenue+pittsburgh&hl=en&ll=40.449005,-79.98637&spn=0.011038,0.026157&sll=40.449071,-79.986269&sspn=0.011104,0.026157&gl=us&hnear=1630+Penn+Ave,+Pittsburgh,+Pennsylvania+15222&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=40.449071,-79.986269&panoid=2PGm4jlAF3mh7oQW8GUj-g&cbp=12,359.28,,0,-3.36

They need to check dumpsters too. If trash pickup has already been done, before reporting him missing, maybe the dump needs searched....

This reminds me of Jimmy Slack from the Pittsburgh area who disappeared last December!

There appears to be a surveillance camera on top of the back of the Mcdonald's. This view is from the alleyway behind the McDonald's....Looks to me like it's pointing right into the parking lot where Jacob Lipp was dropped off. Wonder if LE were able to get any footage, clues from this?

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1630+penn+avenue+pittsburgh&hl=en&ll=40.449005,-79.98637&spn=0.011038,0.026157&sll=40.449071,-79.986269&sspn=0.011104,0.026157&gl=us&hnear=1630+Penn+Ave,+Pittsburgh,+Pennsylvania+15222&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=40.449071,-79.986269&panoid=2PGm4jlAF3mh7oQW8GUj-g&cbp=12,359.28,,0,-3.36

If LE acted in a timely fashion, they should have been able to get footage.
Unfortunately, in this type of case, someone has to be missing for way too long before LE will do anything usually.
It appears they started working with this one about 10 days after he went missing. I'm not sure, but I think by then the footage would have recycled from the McDonalds.

*double dipping*

I can't find any news on this young man. The media seems uninterested.
That isn't good.

Agreed....I've had friends held up at gun point in that area. I don't frequent that area that often, especially at night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back