Pastor's wife, 65, buys pistol from gun shop, shoots herself dead in parking lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
A pastor's wife bought a pistol from a gun shop before shooting herself dead in her Lexus sedan in the store's parking lot, police have said.

Harriet Deison, 65, was found dead in her car near the McClelland Gun Shop in East Dallas, Texas at 2.15pm on Saturday after witnesses heard two shots and smoke coming out of the vehicle.

Police believe Deison, a married mother of two and grandmother to five, shot herself with the pistol she had just purchased from the shop.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...op-shoots-dead-parking-lot.html#ixzz2GfYim7J7

A pastor's wife bought a pistol from a gun shop before shooting herself dead in her Lexus sedan in the store's parking lot, police have said.

Harriet Deison, 65, was found dead in her car near the McClelland Gun Shop in East Dallas, Texas at 2.15pm on Saturday after witnesses heard two shots and smoke coming out of the vehicle.

Police believe Deison, a married mother of two and grandmother to five, shot herself with the pistol she had just purchased from the shop.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...op-shoots-dead-parking-lot.html#ixzz2GfYim7J7

Waiting period would have come handy in a case like this. But this is TX, so it took 20 minutes.

Interesting that witnesses all say they heard two shots. I imagine it's difficult to shot yourself twice. Perhaps it misfired once? Rest in peace Mrs. Deison.

How horrible that she felt she had no other choice, and for her family to start the new year with this tragedy. RIP Mrs. Deison....

Interesting that witnesses all say they heard two shots. I imagine it's difficult to shot yourself twice. Perhaps it misfired once? Rest in peace Mrs. Deison.

I am thinking she missed with the first shot.

How horrible that she felt she had no other choice, and for her family to start the new year with this tragedy. RIP Mrs. Deison....

Although I'm sad she felt she needed to do this, I am glad she didn't do as so many others have and take others with her. R.I.P.

Why don't people just take pills if they want to end it all, and do it in the privacity of their own homes. That way others don't have to be exposed to the horror and carnage!! Also two shots?

Why don't people just take pills if they want to end it all, and do it in the privacity of their own homes. That way others don't have to be exposed to the horror and carnage!! Also two shots?

First shot into the car somewhere to work up the nerve, second to do the deed?
I wonder if she had ever shot a gun before? I wonder what was behind the pain in her life to have resulted in this final desparate act?
I am sad for all who knew and loved her.

Are they sure it wasn't an accident, or if she was examining the gun, 'playing' with it, turning it, figuring out how to use it? I know to many people gun safety is a priority-but there are a certain number of people who handle and turn a gun like it is a toy...

I don't know about the two shots, but based on a little reading it is my impression that pills are notoriously unreliable. A lot of people vomit them back up or are discovered before they die (since the working time varies).

JUST ANOTHER REASON you should not be able to get any guns so fast.
it should take at least 30 days to clear you for one. :moo::moo:

A church going woman, could not find another solution?
Wasn't she talking to God all of 2012?

:moo::moo:
Either she was Mentally off balance.
OR something was about to be exposed.

Guns are easier to get than prescription drugs strong enough to be fatal. Plus, if you really want to be successful, imo, a gun would be a surer bet.

I wonder if she was embezzling money or something (not that anything in her history that has been published would lead me to think that) - and was about to be exposed.

I am willing to bet that this woman was suffering emotionally for many years before she resorted to this. You have to hurt pretty bad to be willing to defy God in your very last act on Earth. She probably felt that all choices to relieve her pain were sinful, so she chose to die, praying that God would have mercy on her soul.

I am a christian woman, and I think that I understand how she might have felt so hopeless.

She was married to a pastor. There was tremendous pressure on her to be "perfect". If there were any problems in her marriage it is very likely that she would have been blamed. Some church leaders choose to misrepresent God's role for husbands by blaming a man's sinful behavior on his wife. The problem is not in God's Word, but in it's blatant alteration by men to justify selfish, cruel behavior toward their wives and children.

All christian men are not like this, but the ones who aren't regularly turn a blind eye to their fellow church members who are. Women are labeled as disrespectful and spiritually "lost" by those men,(not by God), if they seek help or intervention.

It is a hard place to be; married to someone who "can do no wrong".

I don't know anything about this poor woman's husband. All I know is what it is like to be married to a publicly powerful christian man who behaves very differently toward his wife. A husband's free will sometimes trumps any amount of prayer, respect, kindness, love, sacrifice or patience on the part of the wife.

MOO

I don't know about the two shots, but based on a little reading it is my impression that pills are notoriously unreliable. A lot of people vomit them back up or are discovered before they die (since the working time varies).

And the poison is not readily available.
Whereas she could buy a gun in 20 minutes.

Oh my goodness - I didn't realize that the church was PCPC. My sister was married there recently. I am also sad for all those who knew and loved Mrs. Deison. May she rest in peace.

I am willing to bet that this woman was suffering emotionally for many years before she resorted to this. You have to hurt pretty bad to be willing to defy God in your very last act on Earth. She probably felt that all choices to relieve her pain were sinful, so she chose to die, praying that God would have mercy on her soul.

I am a christian woman, and I think that I understand how she might have felt so hopeless.

She was married to a pastor. There was tremendous pressure on her to be "perfect". If there were any problems in her marriage it is very likely that she would have been blamed. Some church leaders choose to misrepresent God's role for husbands by blaming a man's sinful behavior on his wife. The problem is not in God's Word, but in it's blatant alteration by men to justify selfish, cruel behavior toward their wives and children.

All christian men are not like this, but the ones who aren't regularly turn a blind eye to their fellow church members who are. Women are labeled as disrespectful and spiritually "lost" by those men,(not by God), if they seek help or intervention.

It is a hard place to be; married to someone who "can do no wrong".

I don't know anything about this poor woman's husband. All I know is what it is like to be married to a publicly powerful christian man who behaves very differently toward his wife. A husband's free will sometimes trumps any amount of prayer, respect, kindness, love, sacrifice or patience on the part of the wife.

MOO

Great post. There is a lot of responsibility that goes into being a pastor's wife I would imagine. And to be perfect at all times I bet can be stressful and isolating. And if you're terribly unhappy and divorce could never be an option, I guess suicide looks attractive.

I'm thinking she was physically ill. The second link above mentions a verse in Corinthians and says that she struggled with her own pains and that helped her to comfort others. One pic shows pretty enlarged joints on her knuckles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni