VICTIM #1 - Loretta Lynn Chaisson Lewis, 28 - Found Deceased 20 May 2005

Justiceforever

Reaction score
I took the liberty of bringing Doteyes original post over here and added a few missing bits of info. Thanks Doteyes.

*First victim.*
Full Name:**Loretta Lynn*Chaisson*Lewis.**
Residence: 318 N. Craig St. Jennings,LA. 70546
(Info provided by Intelius) @ https://pipl.com/search/?q=Loretta+...A,+US&sloc=US|LA|Jennings&fage=&savef=1&in=46 (not sure how accurate OR if this is where she lived when she went missing. If anybody finds anything to the contrary feel free to update.)

Date reported missing:
Reported missing by:
Employment:
Spouse: Murphey Lewis
Spouse's employment:
Children: Two children. One child is cousin to child of**Whitnei Charlene Dubois*, victim - same grandmother.*
Parents: Father: Thomas Chaisson/ Mother: Betty Jean Chaisson
Parents address:
Parents Employment:
Date body found:**5/20/05**
Body found by: fishermen
Body location: E. Fork of Grand Marais**CANAL**off LA1126, 3 miles w. of LA 26.
Race: Caucasian.
Homicide:*
COD:*
Autopsy findings: High levels of**alcohol/drugs**in body.
Known activites: Hung out at local**SONIC BURGER**- presumed to be in Jennings.

I took the liberty of bringing Doteyes original post over here and added a few missing bits of info. Thanks Doteyes.

*First victim.*
Residence: No address. Jennings,LA.
Date reported missing:
Reported missing by:
Employment:
Spouse's employment:
Children: Two children. One child is cousin to child of**Whitnei Charlene Dubois*, victim - same grandmother.*
Parents: Father Thomas Chaisson
Parents address:
Parents Employment:

So we don't know COD for Loretta, right?
Do we know if she was sexually assaulted?

This website (hope it's okay to link) has an interview with Loretta's husband (they were separated at the time of her death):
http://jdpkiller.wordpress.com/2011/08/07/2959/

Highlights:
-apparently there's no definitive COD for Loretta
- Her husband says she had started having seizures the year before. He suspects she may have been off her seizure meds & doing something she shouldn't have been (I'm guessing drugs due to the high levels of Cocaine in her system) & became unresponsive. Allegedly, he heard she was brought to someone's house for medical attention but couldn't be revived. Doesn't say who this person is or who brought her to this person's house. I'd like to know both & if either show up as POIs or victims in later murders.
- her husband wasn't questioned by LE for 4 years after her death even though they were separated at the time of her disappearance & had called LE on each other in the past. What the hey?!
- and from her victim page on the same site, "There was speculation early on that Chaisson was killed by Mexican migrant workers after allegedly robbing a group of workers in town, according to court records."

No info on sexual assault. This is something I have been trying to figure out for all the victims. To me, sexual assualt vs. no sexual assault points to a different type of serial killer(s) (or multiple killers if some were sexually assaulted & some not).

ETA: I wonder if there's a doctor or nurse somehow tangentially connected to this circle of friends whose house Loretta may have been brought to for medical attention. Of course, I kind of doubt that this scenario ever even played out.

Thanks ktgirl. I'm pretty sure it's okay to link that site, as it's been done on this forum many times. It is also a site with a wealth of info on these cases.

I am trying to find out if Thomas Chaisson (Loretta's father) is Tommy Chaisson Ex Police Cheif of Welsh, LA. Can anybody help me? TIA

*First victim.*
Residence: 318 N. Craig St. Jennings,LA. 70546
(Info provided by Intelius) @ https://pipl.com/search/?q=Loretta+...A,+US&sloc=US|LA|Jennings&fage=&savef=1&in=46 (not sure how accurate OR if this is where she lived when she went missing. If anybody finds anything to the contrary feel free to update.)

Date reported missing:
Reported missing by:
Employment:
Spouse's employment:
Parents:
Parents:**Betty Jean Chaisson (died 3/4/08, age 48), Thomas "Shawee" Chaisson**Also, Patricia Ann Deshotel LaCombe (died 12/21/07, age 50)(bio-mother of Loretta?)
Parents address:
Parents Employment:

<modsnip>

Took this from the original victims thread compliments of suejay40
"Loretta Lynn Chaisson Lewis (victim) is the cousin of Tracee Chaisson (suspect). Their mothers are sisters. Tracee's mother is Ruth Smith. Loretta's mother is Betty Jean Chaisson. Cannot give a link, because it is through intellius.com info. "

Hi. I am working on some photos for you. Bessie was kind enough to give me this link to the map of where the victims were found; Map. I mean no disrespect by pointing out that the location indicated on that map for where LLCL's body was found is incorrect. According to the info posted above and all of the info I have been reading, her body was found using this description of the location;

A fisherman discovered Loretta’s body floating in the east fork of the Grand Marais Canal a few miles southwest of Jennings. The location was just north of the bridge on LA highway 1126 about 3 miles west of LA highway 26.
-Source

Notice the location indicates "East Fork" of the canal. Well, on the map that Bessie sent me the link to view, the location of where she was found was incorrectly marked on the West Fork See Map of West Fork.

Attached is a snapshot of the map Bessie provided to me along with the area circled where this victim's body actually was found.

Once again, I mean no disrespect for Bessie or whoever labeled that map.

I will now work on uploading some photos of the area. There are not many buildings of interest there so it is possible that the pilot who took the photos I will be posting didn't bother to fly low enough for great detail. We shall see.

Attachments

• East vs West fork.JPG
    East vs West fork.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 36
Google Streetview has a really great view of the location where she was found.

I can try uploading my pics from the sky but nothing is going to be as clear and and detailed as this. See attached.

Attachments

• East Fork North of Bridge.jpg
    East Fork North of Bridge.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 49
Google Streetview has a really great view of the location where she was found.

I can try uploading my pics from the sky but nothing is going to be as clear and and detailed as this. See attached.

How in the world did someone get her body out there? Is there an easy access point? A road or something? My impression is that if the perp doesn't live in the area he/she certainly knows it well!

SS if you could find some sort of tracks or access leading to the canal around the time LLCL was found THAT would be amazing!!

I was thinking the opposite. This was clearly a "dump and run".

Highway 1126 runs right over the ditch. Her body was found just under the bridge to the North. In this photo, her body was dumped to the left side of the bridge.

Look what is coming down the highway towards the Google car as it was taking these photos- a big ole tractor trailer.

I disagree with the profile on this case already. I do not think it is anyone who was familiar with the area. I do not think the sk is a local. This case has "out of town trucker" written all over it. I didn't sleuth any of the other locations yet. When I do, I can almost guarantee that I'm probably going to see the same thing that I see here- a dump site that an out-of-town person would be inclined to choose. Truckers have an excuse to be on the road at all hours of the night. In those open farmlands, you can see approaching vehicles at night by the headlights for miles. Very easy to do a dump-and-run when you are in the middle of nowhere with miles of visibility.

Attachments

• bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 31

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members