GUILTY CA - Eldoris Graham, 28, Modesto, 15 Dec 2012

CMac2

Reaction score
Doesn't look good. :(

Police investigate mysterious disappearance of Modesto woman

http://www.news10.net/news/article/...ate-mysterious-disappearance-of-Modesto-woman

Graham's friends and family said they were concerned that her allegedly abusive boyfriend may have been connected to her disappearance. They said he has a rap sheet that's six pages long.

"She admitted to me on numerous occasions he was abusive. I told her to leave," Denslow said.

Denslow told Graham to file a restraining order but Graham never did, saying that she was afraid of Coxum.

Doesn't look good. :(

I agree, unfortunately. :(

A picture from your link:

gqQwV.jpg

http://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/article3164736.html

A judge scheduled a trial to start March 9 for a man accused of stabbing his girlfriend and burying her body in a shallow grave in Modesto.

Anthony Coxum is charged with murder in the death of 28-year-old Eldoris Graham, along with an enhancement of using a knife in the crime...

Investigators testified in the preliminary hearing that she was stabbed five times in her face, neck and chest... Investigators did not find any fingerprints on the duct tape wrapped around Graham’s head, neck and hands.

http://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/article24795868.html

A judge has rescheduled a trial to start Jan. 25 for man accused of stabbing his girlfriend and burying her body in a shallow grave in Modesto.

Anthony Coxum, 38, is charged with murder in the death of 28-year-old Eldoris Graham, along with an enhancement of using a knife in the crime...

The attorneys have estimated the trial next year will last about three or four weeks.

Trial begins in fatal stabbing of woman buried under footbridge near Johansen High

A prosecutor on Monday told a jury that Anthony Coxum made some incriminating statements to a friend before authorities discovered the body of Coxum’s girlfriend buried in a shallow grave in Modesto.

“That girl is in the ground. That b---- is dead,” Coxum told his friend, according to Deputy District Attorney Beth O’Hara De Jong. “I buried that b----. You should do the same with your girl.”

Coxum, 40, is charged with murder in the death of 28-year-old Eldoris Graham, along with an enhancement of using a knife in the killing.

Deputy Public Defender Donnell Snipes, Coxum’s attorney, told the jurors that the murder case is about reasonable doubt, because there’s no direct evidence linking his client to the slaying. The attorney said investigators didn’t find any hair, blood or other traces of Coxum’s DNA on Graham’s body or at the burial site.

Witness: Defendant spoke about dead, buried Modesto girlfriend

Anthony Coxum drove from California and arrived at his friend’s North Carolina home on Dec. 19, 2012, a few days after his girlfriend was reported missing in Modesto and a few weeks before her body was discovered buried beneath a pedestrian bridge near Johansen High School.

The prosecution said Coxum was the last person to see Eldoris Graham alive, and he arrived at Frederick Elliott’s home driving Graham’s car. That night, Coxum said some unnerving things about Graham, according to his friend.

Coxum received a phone call that night and learned police were looking for him and asking questions about a missing or dead woman. Shortly after, Coxum told his friend, “That b---- dead, man. That b---- in the ground,” Elliott testified.

Testimony in Coxum’s murder trial began Wednesday morning.

Investigator: Suspect in girlfriend’s death never asked about her

A Modesto police missing-persons investigator testified Thursday about questioning Anthony Coxum about his girlfriend, Eldoris Graham, whose body was found buried in a shallow grave in east Modesto.

On Dec. 17, 2012, Bonn Panyanouvong called Graham’s phone, but it was no longer in service. She then called Coxum’s phone, asking him to call her back. He didn’t return the phone call.

Panyanouvong called Coxum again numerous times, but nobody answered. On Dec. 19, 2012, Coxum called Panyanouvong and answered some questions about his missing girlfriend.

“He said he had nothing to hide and he did not know where she was,” Panyanouvong said.

In the conversation with the missing-persons investigator, Coxum said he drove his girlfriend to Oakland in a spur-of-the moment trip. He told Panyanouvong that Graham packed a suitcase with clothes and her medication for a trip expected to last a few days. He said he believed Graham was heading to Detroit.

Panyanouvong testified that she never suggested that a murder or other a crime had occurred. She said Coxum’s voice sounded normal and that he did not ask any questions about his missing girlfriend.

Jury to decide fate of man accused of stabbing girlfriend, burying her in shallow grave

http://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/article130459224.html

Eldoris Graham’s body was found in a shallow grave under a Modesto pedestrian bridge. She had been stabbed in her jugular vein, a lung and her face, her mouth gagged with cloth and duct tape wrapped around her head, neck and hands.

A prosecutor on Thursday told a jury that some stab wounds were 4 inches deep, and some wounds occurred when she was stabbed through the duct tape. Deputy District Attorney Beth O’Hara De Jong said all the evidence points to Graham’s boyfriend, Anthony Coxum.

“This is not a quick heat-of-passion (crime),” the prosecutor argued. “This is a planned, premeditated attack.”

Deputy Public Defender Donnell Snipes, Coxum’s attorney, said the case against his client raises reasonable doubt. He said no evidence links Coxum to the burial site, and investigators never found the murder weapon or determined where Graham was killed.

The jury of five women and seven men began deliberations Thursday afternoon after hearing about a week’s worth of testimony. The jurors are expected to resume deliberations Friday morning in Stanislaus Superior Court.

Mother is grateful ‘monster’ who killed daughter is convicted

http://www.modbee.com/news/article130628684.html

A Stanislaus County jury delivered a murder conviction Friday for the man who stabbed his girlfriend to death and buried her in a shallow grave by Johansen High School in Modesto.

The jury found Anthony Coxum, 40, guilty of killing Eldoris Graham, whose body was found under a pedestrian bridge near the school in January 2013.

“This does not bring my daughter back, but I am just so grateful that that monster, a waste of human space, will never be on the streets to kill again,” Graham’s mother, Kathie Patterson, said by phone from her home in Nebraska, shortly after the verdict. “This day has brought some closure, but he changed my life forever.”

She hopes to make it for Coxum’s sentencing on March 7.

“I hope his conscience eats him up every single day,” she said. “I hope he rots in the hell that he created for himself.”

25 to life for man who stabbed girlfriend, buried her in shallow grave

http://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/article136937133.html

Anthony Coxum was sentenced Tuesday morning to 25 years to life in prison for stabbing to death his girlfriend, Eldoris Graham, and burying her body in a shallow grave near Johansen High School in Modesto.

In two letters read in court moments before Coxum’s sentencing, Graham’s mother, Kathie Patterson, said she hoped he would get either the death sentence or life in prison without possibility of parole. She traveled from her Nebraska home for the sentencing and said she wants him to rot in the hell he created for himself.

Patterson understood by Tuesday morning that denial of the possibility of parole wasn’t an option – Stanislaus County Deputy District Attorney Beth De Jong said it was not requested because there was no special circumstance to the crime. Still, coming out of the courtroom after Coxum was taken away, Patterson said, “I sincerely believe that if you kill someone, you should be killed. That’s the way I believe, but I’m happy that he gets a life sentence.”

That sentence was justified by the severity, viciousness and premeditation involved in her daughter’s murder, she said. And when Coxum someday comes up for parole, she hopes the board realizes the magnitude of the danger he poses to society, she said. “He doesn’t need to see daylight.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back