VICTIM #5 - Laconia Shontel "Muggy" Brown, 23 - Found Deceased 29 May 2008

Justiceforever

Reaction score
Once again I took the liberty of copying doteyes original post from the victims thread. We can try to fill in the missing info as we go.

*Fifth victim.*
Full Name:**Laconia Shontel "Muggy" Brown.**
Residence: No address. Jennings,LA.
Last seen alive: by her grandmother hours before her body was found
Date reported missing:*
Reported missing by:
Employment:*
Spouse:
Spouse's employment:
Children: One child a boy who would be @ 6 yrs old today
Parents:
Parents address:
Parents Employment:
Date body found:**5/28/08*
Body found by: LE*
Body location: East Racca Road, which leads to shooting range.
Race:**African American*.
Homicide: Yes.
COD:*
Autopsy findings:**Throat slit*.
Known activites:*
Other: Doused with bleach.
Body still warm.
Best friend to**Brittany Gary*.

Almost a year ago, the Jennings Daily News confirmed a search warrant was issued to a Spencer Street residence in connection with Laconia "Muggy" Brown's murder. So what happened???

Spencer Street search related to Brown murder case

March 3, 2012
City police and the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office Forensic Investigation Unit executed a search warrant at a Spencer Street residence Monday, and the Jennings Daily News has since confirmed through anonymous sources that the investigation is related to the 2008 Laconia “Muggy” Brown murder case.
Police were spotted at the Spencer Street residence from approximately 8:30-10 p.m. Monday. No arrests have been made as of press time today, and police are tight-lipped about what the search revealed, if anything.

http://www.jenningsdailynews.net/?p=7688

Investigation could be related to the Jennings Eight murder case

February 29, 2012
... Relatives of one of the victims, Laconia Muggy Brown, said they believe officers were on Spencer Street investigating Brown's murder Monday night.

...Gail said after neighbors spotted police at a home on Spencer Street Monday, they called her right away. "They called us and told us they had a lot of cops out there investigating, " she said.

...Laconia's grandmother, Bessie Brown, said "well it kind of surprises me a little bit because she used to be there all the time. She used to go there and visit with him."

http://www.katc.com/news/investigation-could-be-linked-to-the-jennings-eight-murder-case/

In 2011 it was reported that new evidence had come to light in Muggy Brown's murder, yet still no arrest. (The link no longer works, and I can't find the article in the archives.) So what gives?

*******************************************************************************************************

From Kirk Menard, the PI hired by the families to investigate, in 2009

Menard admits this case hits home for him as well. Menard’s daughter also went through a bout with drugs and knew one of the victims, Laconia “Muggy” Brown. In fact, two years before she was found murdered, Muggy Brown was picked up, along with three other men, on charges of conspiracy to commit rape. The victim was Menard’s daughter.

Menard says he now believes there may be some connection with his daugther’s case. “I didn’t realize it at the time,” he says. “But some of the stories we’ve been hearing is that some of these girls have been bringing other girls to these guys for drugs, and if they don’t have sex with them, they get raped. And I think at one point or another Muggy probably said she wanted out after she got arrested, and I think that’s whenever they decided to take matters into their own hands.

http://www.theind.com/cover-story/5223

********************************************************************************************************

On another note, Muggy Brown is said to have been very close friends with Brittney Gary, victim no. 7.

FWIW, both Brown and Gary were preliminarily ID'd from tattoos. I've never seen a description of the tattoos.

She said they had to identify her little sister by her tattoos, and now they're forced to have a closed casket service.

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?s=8407184

You'll remember officials said tattoos found on the recovered body were matches of those Brittney Gary was known to have had. But in the end, it's believed that dental and medical records helped confirm her identity.

http://www.kplctv.com/story/9367809/jennings-teen-identified-as-7th-victim

Also, most (all, according to some reports) victims were missing shoes.

Check the maps thread for a photo of the E Spencer St house.

Once again I took the liberty of copying doteyes original post from the victims thread. We can try to fill in the missing info as we go.

*Fifth victim.*
Full Name:**Laconia Shontel "Muggy" Brown.**
Residence: No address. Jennings,LA.
Last seen alive: by her grandmother hours before her body was found
Date reported missing:*
Reported missing by:
Employment:*
Spouse:
Spouse's employment:
Children: One child a boy who would be @ 6 yrs old today
Parents:
Parents address:
Parents Employment:
Date body found:**5/28/08*
Body found by: LE*
Body location: East Racca Road, which leads to shooting range.
Race:**African American*.
Homicide: Yes.
COD:*
Autopsy findings:**Throat slit*.
Known activites:*
Other: Doused with bleach.
Body still warm.
Best friend to**Brittany Gary*.

IMHO, the body dump site is significant......as are the throat slit and bleaching(seems more than for counter-forensics)

no shoes again.......:twocents: theme>?

Yes. Definitely a theme.

I believe all victims were found without shoes. This is one of my biggest reasons for thinking one person is involved in all these murders (even if there's more than one murderer involved in some of them).

All of our victims were murdered during very warm months in LA. Perhaps they were wearing shoes that came off easily. Sandals, flip-flops, etc. Perhaps they weren't wearing shoes when murdered.

Lots of variables here, and few facts. I'm not prepared to make assumptions regarding missing shoes.

JMO

Looked at surveillance footage for both Brittney and Necole. Can't tell what kind of shoes Necole was wearing, but Brittney was definitely wearing flip-flops.

Just throwing that out there.

Shortly after Muggy Browns body was found, there was a msm news article which featured an interview with Muggy's grandmother, Bessie Brown. According to Ms. Brown, Muggy was wearing a white top and capri pants when she last saw her. Just prior to leaving the house, Muggy filled a bag with dirty laundry and stated that she was going to do some laundry. Ms. Brown said she thought was strange, since they had a washing machine at home. (I can not find an active link to this article, but I do know that it came out a few days after Muggy's body was found.)

So, according to Muggy's grandmother, Muggy left the house wearing a white top and capri pants, with her laundry in tow. She's later found wearing a white top and doused in bleach. I don't believe her being doused in bleach has an racial over-tones at all, but rather logical implications.

1. Doubtful she would pay to do laundry at a laudromat when she could have done them at home for free (unless, of course, there was something about the clothes she was hiding from her grandmother), so where was she going to do this laundry? Logic suggests she was on her way to a friend's house. (My personal belief is that she went to the E Spencer St. house, based on this http://www.katc.com/news/investigation-could-be-linked-to-the-jennings-eight-murder-case/) But that's just my opinion.

2. If she took a bag of clothes to wash, she either took her own washing supplies, stopped somewhere to get washing supplies, or planned on using the washing supplies already there at her destination. Whichever the case, the bleach is in all likelihood connected to the washing.

3. So how did she end up doused in the bleach? Could be that, at some point, she (laundry in tow) was offered a ride, killed in the car, dumped at the shooting range, and her own bleach then poured on her. OR, it could be that she made it to her friends house, was there doing laundry, and a physical altercation occurred wherein she was somehow doused in the bleach. Could be any number of logical scenarios...but I don't think race has anything what-so-ever to do with the bleach.

JMO

Shortly after Muggy Browns body was found, there was a msm news article which featured an interview with Muggy's grandmother, Bessie Brown. According to Ms. Brown, Muggy was wearing a white top and capri pants when she last saw her. Just prior to leaving the house, Muggy filled a bag with dirty laundry and stated that she was going to do some laundry. Ms. Brown said she thought was strange, since they had a washing machine at home. (I can not find an active link to this article, but I do know that it came out a few days after Muggy's body was found.)

So, according to Muggy's grandmother, Muggy left the house wearing a white top and capri pants, with her laundry in tow. She's later found wearing a white top and doused in bleach. I don't believe her being doused in bleach has an racial over-tones at all, but rather logical implications.

1. Doubtful she would pay to do laundry at a laudromat when she could have done them at home for free (unless, of course, there was something about the clothes she was hiding from her grandmother), so where was she going to do this laundry? Logic suggests she was on her way to a friend's house. (My personal belief is that she went to the E Spencer St. house, based on this http://www.katc.com/news/investigation-could-be-linked-to-the-jennings-eight-murder-case/) But that's just my opinion.

2. If she took a bag of clothes to wash, she either took her own washing supplies, stopped somewhere to get washing supplies, or planned on using the washing supplies already there at her destination. Whichever the case, the bleach is in all likelihood connected to the washing.

3. So how did she end up doused in the bleach? Could be that, at some point, she (laundry in tow) was offered a ride, killed in the car, dumped at the shooting range, and her own bleach then poured on her. OR, it could be that she made it to her friends house, was there doing laundry, and a physical altercation occurred wherein she was somehow doused in the bleach. Could be any number of logical scenarios...but I don't think race has anything what-so-ever to do with the bleach.

JMO

Kat your logic makes so much sense! If we could find out how much laundry she left with and if she indeed need a ride to transport it...it might lead to her killer!
How bout this for a hypothetical.
"Hey come on over we can party?"
"I can't I gotta do laundry."
"Well you can do it over here, I'll pick you up."
"Well I don't know, my son is sleep."
"I'll give you some money."
Hmmm
Kisses her son. Tell's him she'll do anything for him.
Out the door.
WITH WHO?
Just a thought.

Here's another hypothetical. Maybe she hesitated because she was wary of this person from past experience. Note: She reportedly was worried in the days prior to her death.
Maybe she put that aside with the offer of money. She needs to take care of her son. She goes against her better judgement.

What if the blood on her shirt wasn't strictly her own? How do you destroy DNA? Bleach. And maybe you just happen to have bleach handy, because hey...someone was doing laundry.

What if the blood on her shirt wasn't strictly her own? How do you destroy DNA? Bleach. And maybe you just happen to have bleach handy, because hey...someone was doing laundry.
Since we are " What if ing"

What if...
She was already worried about her life (As per statements by her family)
She hesitated to go with this person.
She went against her own instinct but brought a weapon, just in case.
She used it and spilled her attackers blood.
The bleach was poured in order (as you suggested) to destroy DNA!

Since we are " What if ing"

What if...
She was already worried about her life (As per statements by her family)
She hesitated to go with this person.
She went against her own instinct but brought a weapon, just in case.
She used it and spilled her attackers blood.
The bleach was poured in order (as you suggested) to destroy DNA!

maybe..but why bleach it if it's easier to rip her shirt off and leave her naked/partially naked like the others, and you wouldn't get any on you or have it potentially contact ur eyes..?

Here's another hypothetical. Maybe she hesitated because she was wary of this person from past experience. Note: She reportedly was worried in the days prior to her death.
Maybe she put that aside with the offer of money. She needs to take care of her son. She goes against her better judgement.

hypothetically, he/they are le..?

Yes. Definitely a theme.

I believe all victims were found without shoes. This is one of my biggest reasons for thinking one person is involved in all these murders (even if there's more than one murderer involved in some of them).

The 4 victims of the Atlantic City Murders were also missing their shoes. It beleived the killer has them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back