GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
A 5-month-old was found abandoned in the hallway of an apartment building
http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/355255/3/Child-found-in-hallway-of-apartment-building
Police investigate child found in car seat in Breckenridge Hills apartment building
A 5-month-old was found abandoned in the hallway of an apartment building in northwest St. Louis County early Friday morning.

Police said the child appeared uninjured, but the mystery of why the child was left in the hallway of the Hickory Trace Apartment building in the 3500 block of Dehart Place remains under investigation.

Thank you Portabella!

He is so beautiful! Those eyes mesmerize me! This baby was very well taken care of, clean, healthy, bright eyed, I don't think he was neglected at all. I am very worried about the mother. I wouldn't be surprised if a body is found in the next few days. Either way, I hope this mystery is solved quickly!

He is so beautiful! Those eyes mesmerize me! This baby was very well taken care of, clean, healthy, bright eyed, I don't think he was neglected at all. I am very worried about the mother. I wouldn't be surprised if a body is found in the next few days. Either way, I hope this mystery is solved quickly!

Wow! You either have great intuition or you have a gift!

Prayers for the mother of this precious baby. I hope she is found safe. :please:

Who was mom going to visit in this area of St. Louis? What, if any, ties does she have to this particular apartment complex?

Does anyone besides me think it is strange a grown woman would plan on driving cross country by herself with a 5 month old baby during the middle of winter? Knowing parts of the country have a foot or more of snow on the ground? I can see flying, not driving.

I'd like to know if it was verified the voice message and text were in fact from the baby's mother.

Sadly, I'm afraid you might be right. It's been awhile since I recall a case of a baby/young child being found and the mother being found deceased shortly after.

http://www.bnd.com/2013/01/05/2448295/police-search-for-mom-of-abandoned.html#storylink=cpy

EAST ST. LOUIS — Police are looking for a former East St. Louis woman whose baby was found abandoned in St. Louis County, and metro-east family members fear foul play in her disappearance.

Ebony Jackson, 30, who is originally from East St. Louis, left her home in Oklahoma on Wednesday morning and drove to St. Louis and then to East St. Louis because she wanted to show off her infant son, Donovan Prom, to relatives.

Donovan was found abandoned Friday in a St. Louis County apartment building.

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/2013/01/05/24482...of-abandoned.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

Hoping that they find Ebony safe. I am glad relatives recognized her son from the news and came forward to claim him. From looking at the pics of the family and reading what Ebony's family says about her, it doesn't seem like she would willingly abandon her baby and then disappear.

I'm local, and heard about this tonight. I agree- it doesn't sound like Ebony would leave her son unattended. I assume she had people in East St. Louis, which is why she was headed there to show off her baby, but it doesn't seem like it's being confirmed she ever made it there. I'm sending up prayers!

It looks like the last person to see her was a neighbor of one of her family members? She went to visit a family member but he was not home so she went to the neighbors house and then baby found abandoned and she is nowhere to be found?

Mosley said Ebony Jackson went to his home on 69th Street in the Parkside neighborhood in East St. Louis on Wednesday.

"We weren't home, so she went to a neighbor's house across the street," Mosley said.

Eric Shepard, the neighbor, saw Jackson on Wednesday.

"She was in a great mood. She had the baby with her. He was wrapped in a blanket. She was being herself -- happy and laughing," Shepard said.

"She left saying she was going to go visit more relatives," Shepard said. "I hope she's still alive. We're all praying that she comes back safe."

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/2013/01/05/24482...of-abandoned.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

So according to this article, Ebony Jackson made it to East St. Louis with her son. The family member she was there to see wasn't home, so she went across the street to a neighbor's, who said she was in a "great mood". BUT the baby was found in St. Louis? St. Louis and East St. Louis are close, but not that close... so did she cross the river into St. Louis after reaching East St. Louis? All the articles I'm reading are saying the baby was found abandoned in St. Louis, but Ebony was apparently headed to family's in East St. Louis??? Makes no sense to me.

http://www.bnd.com/2013/01/05/2448295/police-search-for-mom-of-abandoned.html

So I thought the neighbor is St. Louis or East St. Louis was the last person to see her but the article says her boyfriend is the last person to see her. This is the same article that talks about the neighbor seeing her. Bad reporting or am I missing something?
Jackson was last seen by her boyfriend, who is also the baby's father, in Oklahoma on Wednesday when she left to visit family in St. Louis, East St. Louis, Belleville and O'Fallon.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/woman-s-family-says-she-is-the-mother-of-baby/article_1c543b3e-31e5-5ef7-a894-95dadbe2cf6c.html
Jackson had driven to the St. Louis area on Wednesday to show off Donavon to relatives in here, and she planned to continue on to her mother’s house in Denver. Although she texted an aunt to say she was en route, and left a voice message for a cousin, the only person who saw her here was an old friend in East St. Louis, who said she was in good spirits when they met Wednesday. Now Jackson’s phone isn’t taking calls.
The hallway at the Hickory Trace apartment complex where the baby was found was fully enclosed, so the boy was not exposed to the morning’s frigid cold. He was discovered by a resident about 5 a.m.

Okay so a rough timeline:

Jan 2 Wednesday- Ebony left OKC en route to St Louis. Spoke to mom on phone who wanted her to meet her Aunt O. Ebony texted an Aunt to say she was on the way. Ebony arrived at 69th Street in East St Louis, IL. She and her baby visited with a neighbor (old friend) after she discovered her cousin was still at work. She called this cousin twice, and left a voice message.
She was wearing
dark blue velour sweat pants and a dark blue sweat shirt and a "knob" hat.
http://www.bnd.com/2013/01/05/2448295/police-search-for-mom-of-abandoned.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy
Left the neighbor's home saying she was going to visit relatives.
Ebony spoke to her mom again and said she was in St Louis with a friend.

Jan 3 Thursday - Cousin sees that he has missed 2 calls from Ebony when he gets off work.

Jan 4 Friday - 5 am Baby DP was found at Hickory Trace Apts in St Louis, MO in a hallway by a resident. He was in a carseat, with a cozy cover, and a full bottle. Another cousin JS reported Ebony missing after seeing the baby on the news. Baby's father (live-in boyfriend?) left OKC to get baby. Told to return Monday to take a paternity test.

Her car is also missing.

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs&q=Breckenridge+Hills,+Mo.&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x87df340d0159dc45:0x7aa9ab91fd00a052,Breckenridge+Hills,+MO&gl=us&ei=gSPpUJHdJfOI2gX69IA4&ved=0CJ0BELYD
The distance between the cousin's/neighbor's houses and the apartments where baby was found is about 24 miles. But she is (so far) unaccounted for between sometime Wednesday (my earliest guess would be 3pm since it's an over 7 hour drive from OKC to St Louis) and Friday not too long before 5am.
I wonder if she ever met up with any other relatives....Surely they would say so by now though. Hope they find her soon :(

This is a very scary story. I hope so badly she is safe somewhere but I don't know.... something is very wrong.

I just hope we don't have another woman harmed and another child losing their mother.

Wow, I had read several articles about the "abandoned" baby but this is the first I'd heard about his mama being missing. This doesn't sound good at all. I wonder if the baby was left behind because whoever took his mom didn't want the hassle of dealing with him or if they had a specific interest in him being found safe relatively quickly?

What mother goes driving around to proudly show off their baby to relatives and then just dumps the baby? I can't see that happening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back