2013.01.07.09 and .09 James Holmes Preliminary Hearing

i.b.nora

I am polka dot
Reaction score
Hearing for accused theater shooter James Holmes could be proxy trial
By Dan Elliott, The Associated Press

"CENTENNIAL, Colo. -- The suspect in the Colorado movie theater killings returns to court this week for a hearing that might be the closest thing to a trial the victims and their families will get to see.

At a week-long preliminary hearing that begins Monday, prosecutors will outline their case against Holmes, the first official public disclosure of their evidence. The judge will then determine whether to send the case to trial."

More...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...hooter-james-holmes-could-be-proxy-trial?lite

Communicating through shouts over the noise inside, the officers in the theater quickly developed a system for helping victims.

Get them out of the theater. If they could talk, send them a few yards away from the theater exit to await treatment. If they couldn't, lay them by the door and get them help immediately.

For Grizzle and others, that meant using their patrol cars.

By the end of the night, pools of blood gathered on his floorboards and seat cushions. There was blood on his car's ceiling, on its dashboard, on its headrests.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-preliminary-hearing-aurora-cop-recalls-there

James Holmes preliminary hearing: Aurora cop recalls, "There was so much blood" - The Denver Post

Information on when he bought his ticket and surveillance video of him entering the movie theater were shown at the hearing.

2:38 pm by @John_ingold : Update from #theatershooting hearing: James Holmes bought his movie ticket on July 8, apparently online.

Prosecutors showed video showing Holmes walking into theater wearing long sleeved shirt, dark pants and a dark beanie stocking cap.
2:40 pm by @oh_fender:

also

2:47 pm by @9NEWS: There is NO video of the incident inside the actual theater. Only lobby, concession stand shots #theatershooting

another update on video

Chilling video played of Aurora theater moments before shooting: Holmes scans his ticket, dawdles by popcorn stand, opens door for a couple

Information on when he bought his ticket and surveillance video of him entering the movie theater were shown at the hearing.

2:38 pm by @John_ingold : Update from #theatershooting hearing: James Holmes bought his movie ticket on July 8, apparently online.

Prosecutors showed video showing Holmes walking into theater wearing long sleeved shirt, dark pants and a dark beanie stocking cap.
2:40 pm by @oh_fender:

also

2:47 pm by @9NEWS: There is NO video of the incident inside the actual theater. Only lobby, concession stand shots #theatershooting

another update on video

Chilling video played of Aurora theater moments before shooting: Holmes scans his ticket, dawdles by popcorn stand, opens door for a couple

The big question is what about the exterior exit door cameras that we've all seen in the photos.

The first officer to encounter him testifying about how calm and casually waiting Holmes acted upon his arrival is interesting; not questioning the officer's credibility, actually questioning what caused Holmes to behave that way.

11:55 PM yesterday
John Ingold @john_ingold
Detectives have never figured out how many people were in the theater that night. Between 370 and 380, Fyles said. Some haven't come forward

Theater had 415 seats (I think that's what a tweet said they said in court) and Holmes bought ticket for Theater 8 but entered 9.

Live blog: James Holmes Preliminary Hearing: Aurora theater shooting suspect appears in court http://live.denverpost.com/Event/Au...ames_Holmes_preliminary_hearing#ixzz2HVE7imed

From the testimony today, he cased the theater ahead of time.

@Oh_Fender Also on Holmes' camera: 4 pics of Century 16 theater -- interiors, door hinges, back doors -- on June 29, July 5 & July 11 #theatershooting

Thanks for the updates. In school so can't keep updated as much as I'd like.

So why did he have TWO gas masks??

Thanks for the updates. In school so can't keep updated as much as I'd like.

So why did he have TWO gas masks??

They said they found 4 at the scene and 2 were his

They didn't say why he had 2 or who the other 2 belonged to

Also found in his car were tack strips (the kind you throw on the street to stop a car)

Now, I don't buy a lot of the conspiracy theories however after reading the proceedings in the pretrial hearing, I have a question because something doesn't seem quite right.

According to this article:

CENTENNIAL, Colorado -- James Holmes sat in the interrogation room in his T-shirt, white socks and boxers. Gone was the body armor that police found him wearing when they encountered him outside a movie theater where scores of people had been shot. Police had cut it off.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...e-describes-holmes-odd-behavior#ixzz2HVWsXgEn

Why is his gear so far from the car that he was commanded to remove his armor near-- or if the police cut it off of him as this article states, did the police run around tossing his gear in random locations? It just doesn't make sense to me! Like I said, I'm not a believer of all things conspiracy-related, However, but this seems to be a major contradiction between the evidence we can see in photos from the scene and what has been reported by cops via their testimony at this hearing. Why is the evidence not matching the offical dialogue regarding the apprehension of Holmes?

when Holmes was arrested, Fyles said police also confiscated several plastic clips, like those used to hold down picnic tablecloths, that had been wrapped in turquoise duct tape. One of those clips was found by police on the blood-stained emergency exit door to Theater 9, holding it ajar.

Later police found a roll of turquoise tape at Holmes' apartment, which had been booby-trapped, another sign of Holmes’ deliberation, the prosecution alleged.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...ial-theater-shooting-20130109,0,4101859.story

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/10/james-holmes-crazy-hearing_n_2446333.html

James Holmes' Hearing: Judge Rules Accused Aurora Shooter Will Face Trial
By DAN ELLIOTT and NICHOLAS RICCARDI 01/10/13 10:03 PM ET EST

"DENVER — A judge ruled late Thursday that there's enough evidence for James Holmes to face trial on charges that he killed 12 people and injured 70 others in a Colorado movie theater last summer."

"Holmes is due to be arraigned Friday, but his defense attorneys filed papers Thursday afternoon saying he's not ready to enter a plea. Sylvester noted Holmes' attorneys will likely ask in court Friday that the arraignment be delayed.

Defense attorneys did not explain why they are not ready for arraignment. Their filing also objected to media requests to bring cameras into the courtroom. Other than during his brief initial appearance in July, cameras have been barred from court during Holmes' case."

More...

Looks like nothing else will happen until Feb 4th. With the arraignement in March. If he was arraigned today, the judge was going to allow cameras in court, but since that didn't happen, no cameras. A father of one of the victims yelled "Rot in Hell, Holmes" during the proceedings.

8:10am by @john_ingold What this hearing will be is up in the air. Judge set it for arraignment - at which Holmes would enter a plea. Defense will ask to delay.

9:08am by @Oh_Fender No arraignment today in #theatershooting case. Arraignment set for week of March 11

@Oh_Fender 30,879 pages, 358 data disks, 220 DVDs, 136 CDs and 2 blue rays for #theatershooting defense team to review.

@Oh_Fender Judge in #theatershooting case agrees to March date over objections: scheduling "too soon could cause appellate issues" if case is appealed

@Oh_Fender Atty says 84 victims polled by prosecutors object to the delay, 6 have no opinion, 3 do not object #theatershooting

@Oh_Fender Judge issued ruling on #theatershooting prelim Thurs. p.m., said he "did not give either side a great deal of time to prepare" for a plea

@Oh_Fender One of victims shouted "rot in hell" at the end of #theatershooting hearing. Judge to take it up now.

@rwmccallum Court is reconvening to take up the outburst that occurred at the end of the hearing.

@rwmccallum Court is again in recess. The individual who made the outburst in court was brought before the judge and promised it would not happen again

@john_ingold Father of #theatershooting victim Rebecca Wingo shouts out in court: "Rot in hell, Holmes."

@Oh_Fender Judge to Hernandez: I'm terribly sorry for your loss and cant imagine the emotions this must be raising. #theatershooting

Judge reprimanded him but said: "I'm terribly sorry for your loss and I can only imagine the emotions that are raging."

@Oh_Fender Judge will allow Wingo's father to remain in the courtroom for future #theatershooting proceedings.

@john_ingold The father, Steve Hernandez, apologized. "I meant no disrespect to the court or to your honor."

@Oh_Fender Judge may have said: I can't imagine the emotions that are raging (instead of emotions this is raising) comparing notes #theatershooting
Last edit:

@rwmccallum Court is in recess until Feb 4 at 9 am for a motions hearing. Other hearings: arraignment on March 12 9 am, motions hearing April 1 at 9 am

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...aurora-theater-shooting-yells-at-james-holmes

'Rot in hell Holmes!' the father of woman killed in Aurora theater shooting yells at James Holmes
Judge tells dad he understands 'raging' emotions

Posted: 01/11/2013
ABC7 Alan Gathright

"CENTENNIAL, Colo. - The father of a woman killed in the Aurora theater shooting shouted, "Rot in hell Holmes," at accused killer James Holmes during a Friday morning hearing in Arapahoe County court.

Steve Hernandez, father of Rebecca Wingo, yelled from the public gallery at Holmes as Arapahoe County District Judge William B. Sylvester was swinging his gavel to end a hearing. The judge had agreed to delay until March 12 Holmes' arraignment on 166 counts, mostly first-degree murder and attempted murder charges, in the Century 16 shooting rampage.

The court reconvened a few minutes later to address the outburst.

More...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back