Giant squid filmed in Pacific depths

Love Giant Squid news! :cool:

How big is that bait squid?! Could've been a baby "Giant", lol.

I watched Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea over the weekend.

That squid is HUGE!

It did remind me of 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

Are giant squids edible?

That squid is HUGE!

It did remind me of 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

Are giant squids edible?

BBM

If you can catch one! Probably feed all an entire city.

I've gotta' remember to watch 20,000 Leagues this weekend. Brings back great family memories and film buff fun. Love it when you guys bring up cool stuff!

Oh carp it's Cthulhu!!! Lol well, he was based off the legend of the Kraken!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I remember watching a documentary about them about a few years back. It was hard to tell how large they were in the water. Then one of the divers got close to it and then you could tell, that's a lot of calamari. It just makes you wonder what else is down there that we haven't discovered yet.

After around 100 missions, during which they spent 400 hours in the cramped submarine, the three-man crew tracked the creature from a spot some 15 kilometres (nine miles) east of Chichi island in the north Pacific.

I can't imagine spending a minute in a submarine, much less 400 hours in a small one. All just to get a glimpse of a big sea creature. I agree legalmania, who knows what else is in there!

I think inner-space has far spookier Aliens than outer-space-- the sea is chock full of unimaginables. I like land, personally. :hen:

I recall looking at their amazingly large nervous system in bio-psyche... they are of definite interest to neurology, imo.

After seeing illustrations of tales of 'kraken' dragging under sailing ships in the 19th c., this fellow looks unimpressive. Sort of looks like the cousin of the lobster I dissected in twelfth grade Advanced Bio. Am sure a meeting in person would convince me otherwise, however.

Deep sea is full of interesting life. It is not well explored. We know more about Mars's surface than the abyss.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back