GUILTY OK - Four women shot to death in Tulsa apartment, 7 Jan 2013

Four dead in Tulsa apartment shooting (Tulsa World)
---
"It's not everyday you see something like this in the city of Tulsa," Tulsa Police Officer Leland Ashley said. "It's very tough right now.

"You can imagine what the child (found with the victims) is going through at this time.

"We're asking anyone with any information to please come forward."
---
more at the link

very very sad. Poor little guy. Can't even imagine what he saw or how long he was there alone with the bodies of these four women. Poor fella, must have been so confused. I hope he isn't too traumatized.

Can we discuss this here? I sometimes forget which threads are open for discussion and which are just for info. If not, please move this comment, thanks.

My first guess would be somebody who is related to the baby and wanted Mom dead but also left no adult witnesses.

Second guess would be somebody who wanted one of the other women dead and left no witnesses but could not bring themselves to hurt the baby.

Third would be robbery.

In any event they may have messed up if the 4 year old can identify him/her or them.
They talk fairly well at that age.
If the baby did see who and what happened I hope he is being placed with people who can protect him or that he is given some sort of security.

With children don't they usually only get about 3 times to interview them? I know they try to have the whole team present when they do interview them. Team being LE, child psychologist or LE trained in interview techniques for children etc... so that it can't be said later in Court that the child was "led" to answer a certain way. This is also the reason they only get "a certain number of cracks at it" because at some point the child will start to answer in the way they think the adults want to hear in order to be left alone.

Thoughts?

The complex is in a pretty hard area, and two people were shot to death there last year. Also, it looks like there have been a dozen homicides within a few blocks in the last couple of years. So it's hard to say. Generally, though, robberies don't produce quadruple homicides. And someone ought to get the mom could perhaps arrange a better situation. The child might have been in another room, asleep, and that's the reason he survived.

It kind of sounds like an area that may have a lot of drug-type violence. And four adult women all shot to death in one apartment? It sounds like a drug thing.

Those poor little kids and the twins' dad. :(

Pretty girls. Beautiful children.

(((sigh)))

The age differences between the girls and the other victims is a little out of place. Maybe they are related?

Prayers for the victims. Prayers for the kids, and prayers for everyone living here tonight who has to worry about crime and poverty.

How horrible! I sure hope someone is keeping the 4 year old, who is probably a witness, safe and secure. I don't understand how people can do such terrible things, or why they would do them. I certainly hope the murderer is found and taken off the streets. Does Oklahoma have the death penalty? I hope so!

It kind of sounds like an area that may have a lot of drug-type violence. And four adult women all shot to death in one apartment? It sounds like a drug thing.

Those poor little kids and the twins' dad. :(
Yep, it does sound like a drug thing.

Misty Nunley's mother said her daughter was staying with her friend Miss Powell while she tried to get her life back together.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...91739c-59fb-11e2-b8b2-0d18a64c8dfa_story.html

This is always one of my worse nightmares for young folks who stay with friends, and then there's other friends who you don't know. Someone is bound to get someone angry and it winds up there's children without mother's.

Yep, it does sound like a drug thing.

Yeah, but whose drug thing?

The statement about Miss Nunley getting her life back together?

This makes me so nervous for kids. It really does.

Yeah, but whose drug thing?

The statement about Miss Nunley getting her life back together?

This makes me so nervous for kids. It really does.
Not sure. Just on the basis of the nature of the murders (four!) and the area the apartments are in.

Not sure. Just on the basis of the nature of the murders (four!) and the area the apartments are in.

No, no I'm sorry. I agree. I just meant which one of the women either beat somebody for a bunch of drugs or who was selling them or what?

O.K. that last link pretty much her family just comes out and says it. Something was owed. Her daughter had just moved out of there. The victims father just died. Her brother asked her to come home and stay out of that mess.

No, no I'm sorry. I agree. I just meant which one of the women either beat somebody for a bunch of drugs or who was selling them or what?

O.K. that last link pretty much her family just comes out and says it. Something was owed. Her daughter had just moved out of there. The victims father just died. Her brother asked her to come home and stay out of that mess.
Easy to get in a mess in Tulsa OK. Outwardly it's a big "buckle of the Bible Belt" sort of place with Oral Roberts University, etc., etc., but it does have its very mean streets. Had four dear friends who grew up there; three are now dead - they made it out, but the early damages of that life killed them each before age 50.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back