Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

Official Facebook Page

Important Changes to the discussion :

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion and sleuthing on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

We can discuss our speculation based on facts, we cannot post out and out rumors. You can not speculate on something that is not known thru the media and or law enforcement.

All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe and brought home!!!

Folks, we have allowed the discussion of Dylan's father in this case because there are a lot of questions surrounding Dylan's disappearance and he was the last person known to see him prior to his disappeance.

We do not know what happened to Dylan or who is responsible. It is not a foregone conclusion that MR is responsible for the disappearance of his son.

We are web sleuths and as web sleuths, we'd like to see any and all possibilities as to what may have happened to Dylan discussed here. Any members chastising other members for putting forth alternative theories will be hit with hefty timeouts.

All reasonable theories and discussion of facts are welcome in this thread.

Please carry on and let's do what we do best.

Thank you.

I brought this over to start the day off on a light note.
Since it will quickly get dark ! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybun1807
Just checking in to see if there is any news. Seems like everybody's chewing on the same old bone.

It's amazing. After 2 months, pages of discussion and all kinds of speculation the only things we know are:

Dylan arrived at the airport and got off the plane.
Dylan was at Walmart.
Dylans phone was last active shortly after 8:00.
Dylan is missing.

Did I miss anything?
Someone in America bought a fishing pole in 2011!

what is the part:
"someone in America bought a fishing pole in 2011" ?

tia that confused me hahahaha

what is the part:
"someone in America bought a fishing pole in 2011" ?

tia that confused me hahahaha

That is the part I added to her ' what we know' comment .
The fishing pole story to me makes no sense at all and
I just cannot help but feel there is no ' fishing pole'. :p

I keep hoping that we will get some news in each new thread opened , well here's hoping yet again .

All we want it something new . It's beyond frustrating just waiting .

They want nancy grace to do a follow. Or get John Walsh to do a story,
Link 1 down.

In the previous thread someone asked if they tried a more thorough search of the lake, or even draining it. It's actually a reservoir, not a lake.

The size of the reservoir is 40739 acre-feet, or 50,250,816,579 liters.

In the previous thread someone asked if they tried a more thorough search of the lake, or even draining it. It's actually a reservoir, not a lake.

That was me, thanks for clarifying. I had read about the reservoir but when people called it a lake I thought they were referring to a different thing in the same area.

Thanks for the correction - The official name is Vallecito Lake though, right?

Bringing over the post you mentioned from the last thread:
Veidt posted:
This is a very good post, thank you. By the way do you know if they conducted any searches at the lake, like diving or draining it? Thanks.​

IIRC: the altitude, temps, and depth of the water make diving too dangerous this time of year. I don't remember if they actually put people in the water at all or not. Sorry, I can't remember the specifics. I just remember the dogs hitting separately in the same exact place at the lake, and I remember people saying there were flyovers of the reservoir with a helicopter at least twice as well.

I hate it, but I honestly think that's why there is no action, and no new info. coming out. I'd assume they are pretty sure the dogs were correct (are they ever really wrong - and TWO dogs getting it wrong at separate times? not likely), unfortunately... VERY unfortunately for Dylan.

Someone mentioned a fishing pole, and that's what also stuck in my head. His friends didn't describe him as someone to just go off fishing by himself... However, if someone KNEW he was in the lake, it may definitely be something they might think to say... Jus' sayin' - again, this is ALL speculation, and I hope I am very wrong. MOO

The thing is if he is in the lake I think that points to one person only . And if he is in the lake then its foul play as his rucksack has never been found on the "shore" either or any of his belongings .

They did put divers in the water. From the FMDR FB page timeline:

"2 cadaver dogs, separately catch a scent from a boat off of the dam.

Divers were brought in but the altitude, depth of the lake and temperature of the lake prevent them from diving for more than 20 -30 mins at a time. And they can only dive once a day. They were unable to find anything the first day.

Boats with hi-tech sonar were brought in and the entire area in front of the dam was checked. Nothing was found.

Helicopters were in the air again on Day 15, boats on the lake again as well. Nothing was found that we are aware of."

I have been wondering too if the answers are really very simple. What if it really IS that MR wants to permanently deprive ER of her child. MR picks up Dylan at the airport, makes him cancel plans with friends that night so he can follow through with his plan, burns some time at the WalMart and McD's on the way home to ensure it is quite dark, stops by the lake, chokes him (can't think of another way that would be quick/quiet and relatively free of evidence), tosses Dylan and his belongings in the lake where can be quite sure nothing will surface until spring, if then, and goes home. JMO- standard disclaimer applies.

Maybe we're overthinking everything else.

Is there a pathology among killers out there that would place their victim's remains close to home? MR has to drive by that lake every damned day and it kind of haunts me but makes a weird sense that he would keep Dylan for himself in the lake.

Go ahead and call me out for making MR out to be so cold. It is just a scenario I have not been able to shake in my head. All apologies to him if I am wrong. I would love to be wrong.

The point is often raised that your average person/parent who finds themselves in the middle of a missing child nightmare is not savvy like us here at WS and would not know about groups who may be able to help them in various ways, i.e with media, with police, with searches.

This may be true, but if a child is diagnosed with a disease, a parent usually does research to find out all they can about it and how to get the best care. A simple google of "missing child help" turns up Klaas Kids and other organizations out there that offer help. iMO, it is much easier to seek out and find help these days.

I don't always agree with Marc Klaas, but I do agree with him when he says
that ultimately it is up to the parents to keep a missing child in front of the public.

They did put divers in the water. From the FMDR FB page timeline:

"2 cadaver dogs, separately catch a scent from a boat off of the dam.

Divers were brought in but the altitude, depth of the lake and temperature of the lake prevent them from diving for more than 20 -30 mins at a time. And they can only dive once a day. They were unable to find anything the first day.

Boats with hi-tech sonar were brought in and the entire area in front of the dam was checked. Nothing was found.

Helicopters were in the air again on Day 15, boats on the lake again as well. Nothing was found that we are aware of."

I have been wondering too if the answers are really very simple. What if it really IS that MR wants to permanently deprive ER of her child. MR picks up Dylan at the airport, makes him cancel plans with friends that night so he can follow through with his plan, burns some time at the WalMart and McD's on the way home to ensure it is quite dark, stops by the lake, chokes him (can't think of another way that would be quick/quiet and relatively free of evidence), tosses Dylan and his belongings in the lake where can be quite sure nothing will surface until spring, if then, and goes home. JMO- standard disclaimer applies.

Maybe we're overthinking everything else.

Is there a pathology among killers out there that would place their victim's remains close to home? MR has to drive by that lake every damned day and it kind of haunts me but makes a weird sense that he would keep Dylan for himself in the lake.

Go ahead and call me out for making MR out to be so cold. It is just a scenario I have not been able to shake in my head. All apologies to him if I am wrong. I would love to be wrong.

It's a huge lake/reservoir. It sounds like they only used the sonar and divers at the area in front of the dam. He could be anywhere else in that lake. I also wonder if there's any way a body could wash down further past the dam to the river below it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77