Resolved NV - Clark Co., Male Skeletal UP10965, in desert near Mule Spring, Jan'13

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ID sought for human remains found west of Las Vegas

The bones were found Sunday night near Mule Spring, north of state Route 160 and about 30 miles west of central Las Vegas.

Assistant Coroner John Fudenberg said the remains had been there for at least several months and were discovered by either a hiker or a hunter.

"At this point we don't have any leads as far as who it is," Fudenberg said. "Identifying will certainly be a challenge."

http://www.lvrj.com/news/id-sought-for-human-remains-found-west-of-las-vegas-186512061.html?ref=061

Not much to go on, but Michael Doane went missing in 2009 not too far from where these remains were found...

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/doane_michael.html

I looked up the locations on the map, it would seem that the location of Michael Doane's vehicle is not far from the location of the remains, although the description given of the locations is not that specific.

I hope this picture comes out big enough for everyone to read the numbers... 160 is the road on the left running from top to bottom. Lee Canyon Rd is marked as 156 on this map, when the map was more zoomed in, it bore both names.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    206.2 KB · Views: 37
I looked up the locations on the map, it would seem that the location of Michael Doane's vehicle is not far from the location of the remains, although the description given of the locations is not that specific.

I hope this picture comes out big enough for everyone to read the numbers... 160 is the road on the left running from top to bottom. Lee Canyon Rd is marked as 156 on this map, when the map was more zoomed in, it bore both names.

Actually, now that I read Michael's profile again, its says that his car was found at the Desert National Wildlife Range, east of 95. On my map, that is the green area of the map in the top right corner. The whole Range is really big, about 50 miles by 40 miles. Still, it is certainly not unthinkably far away. Is anyone thinking about submitting?

Not sure, I wish we knew some more about the remains. I went through Charleyproject to review missing persons from Nevada. There are certainly others who may fit too, it just seems Michael Doane could be a possibility.

NamUs Unidentified Profile

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10965

Case Information
Status Unidentified
Case number 13-0195
Date found January 07, 2013 10:35
Date created February 03, 2013 13:09
Date last modified February 18, 2013 13:46
Date QA reviewed February 18, 2013 11:28
Local Contact (ME/C or Other)
Agency Clark Cnty Coroner Ofc
Phone 702-455-3210

Case Manager
Name Suzanne Miele
Phone (702) 455-3210

Demographics
Estimated age Adult
Minimum age years
Maximum age years
Race Unsure
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
Height (inches) , Cannot Estimate
Body Parts Inventory (Check all that apply)
All parts recovered
Head not recovered
Torso not recovered
One or more limbs not recovered
One or both hands not recovered
Notes on body parts recovered
Body conditions
Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Probable year of death to

Estimated postmortem interval

Circumstances
Location Found
GPS coordinates
Address 1
Address 2
City
State Nevada
Zip code
County Clark

Circumstances of death
Skeletal remains found in a desert area

Clothing on body
fadded denim jeans Levi Strauss brand, long sleeved shirt David Taylor brand

Footwear
New Balanace

According to his Namus page, John Doe's DNA is in the FBI queue as of 8/23/13 and the only rule-out is Trevor Morse, missing from Vegas as of 5/6/2007.

The identity has been confirmed last week. Steven Lee Schoedsack of Solana Beach, California. Family submitted DNA in 2015 and Clark county coroner's confirmed a positive match. There is very little information that we have been able to find about Steve's whereabouts since 2002, he was an avid cyclist and owned a small bicycle shop in Encinatas, CA. We are hoping that anyone who knew Steve or has any information will share anything at all that can help us piece together a timeline. I am his niece by marriage and would very much appreciate any help we can get. The San Diego Sheriff Dept & The Clark County Sheriff Dept are both working on this case. I will pass on to them anything we learn. Please help websleuths...I know you have amazing skills beyond my sleuthing abilities. I have been researching for over 2.5 years and unable to find any internet presence besides one post he made regarding local politics, and Carlsbad triathlon race results. Please message me privately if you are a personal friend and would like to chat further. Thank you very much.

The identity has been confirmed last week. Steven Lee Schoedsack of Solana Beach, California. Family submitted DNA in 2015 and Clark county coroner's confirmed a positive match. There is very little information that we have been able to find about Steve's whereabouts since 2002, he was an avid cyclist and owned a small bicycle shop in Encinatas, CA. We are hoping that anyone who knew Steve or has any information will share anything at all that can help us piece together a timeline. I am his niece by marriage and would very much appreciate any help we can get. The San Diego Sheriff Dept & The Clark County Sheriff Dept are both working on this case. I will pass on to them anything we learn. Please help websleuths...I know you have amazing skills beyond my sleuthing abilities. I have been researching for over 2.5 years and unable to find any internet presence besides one post he made regarding local politics, and Carlsbad triathlon race results. Please message me privately if you are a personal friend and would like to chat further. Thank you very much.

Was this a hoax? The NamUs UP is still up and I can't find any information about a Steven Schoedstack.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back