FL - Authorities make 50 arrests in child sex sting

GetSmart

Reaction score
I got an email from my SIL today ....this is amazing it is one of those 6 degrees of separation deals .....

Wow, so here's what the sheriff dept was up to all last week. We had to deliver dinners to them all week to an undisclosed location. They were doing surveillance from a neighborhood so we had to meet them to give them their food

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-fl...&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=wesh+2+news

Authorities make 50 arrests in child sex sting
www.wesh.com A tourist, a teacher and college students are among the arrested in

Undercover officers posed as children, or parents arranging sexual activities with children, in Operation Cardea. They chatted online, emailed or spoke on the phone with dozens of men who they say wanted to have sex with children.The men then traveled to a Seminole County home and were arrested, according to deputies.
The men range in age from 19 to 60. A Turkish tourist, school employees and college students are among those arrested.
A Volusia County teacher, Duncan St. Gelais, resigned from his teaching job after his arrest.
"He teaches English to ninth and 10th-graders," said Seminole County Sheriff's Chief Dennis Lemma. "He connected up with whom he thought was a mother who said the family was open-minded. He negotiated and was prepared to have sex with who he thought was a 14-year-old female."
Jorge Ferriera, 43, has taught in Orange County for 10 years. He's been relieved of duty and is banned from campus while his future's sorted out.
"Most of the men who were part of this asked us if we were cops; they suspected this was a sting," said Lemma. "They feared apprehension, yet came anyway."
David Miller, 33, helps students who are hearing impaired in Orange County. He is also relieved of duty.
Deputies said undercover officers responded to ads placed by men looking for sex. The agents then posed as young teens, which did make many of the suspects suspicious, according to several arrest affidavits.

holy carp. Thankful for these LEOs and those who assisted (even just by running them meals) in this sting.

I know My SIL was freaked out LOL you just never know ... and that goes for all the perps too every walk of life .. disgusting pervs errrr. I just can not imagine those officers having to close their eyes each and every nite with all they have seen. God Bless them all.

Yes, thank you LE for all your hard work. Thanks too to those that cared for the LE while they had to endure that horrific work.

A Turkish tourist? You know I have to look those names up now.

Creeps!

This is sick these people are so nasty

Jorge Daniel Ferreira, a science teacher at Ocoee Middle School, was among those arrested. Ferreira has been with the school district since 2002. When he was hired, he passed a Florida Department of Law Enforcement background check.
David Miller, a translator with Orange County Schools, was also arrested.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back