flatulent footwear

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/WaterCooler/wireStory?id=509506

SANFORD, Fla. Feb 17, 2005 — There's no tiptoeing around the problem. Call it flatulent footwear. Customers complained that with every step, their shoes made the sound of someone passing gas.

"They were whoopie cushions for the feet," said Bryan Thomas, an officer with shoe maker Goosebumps Products Inc.

The Orlando-area company on Wednesday sued a supplier, accusing it of delivering the wrong chemical for an insole gel, giving the shoes an unwanted sound effect.

"It very nearly put us out of business," Thomas said.

Goosebumps' largest distributor complained as well, and the company tossed at least 35,000 pairs at a cost of $200,000 to $250,000, said attorneys Robert W. Anthony and William H. Beaver II.

The suit claims Bell Chem Corp. of Longwood delivered a low-grade glycerin that was watered down in late 2002 and early 2003. That caused air bubbles to form inside the insoles, it said.

When people step down on them, the inserts produce "a flatulence-like noise," according to a report by a Goosebumps' chemist, Richard Cavestri.

Bell Chem President John Cervo said the dispute was a matter between his insurance company and Goosebumps.

We have this one sales guy that stops by every few weeks and one of his shoes squeaks when he walks..,. drives me nuts :doh:

These folks missed the boat. They should have advertized the flatulent footware, doubled the price, and sold it as a novelty item. They'd have made a fortune.

Jim

JimPence said:
These folks missed the boat. They should have advertized the flatulent footware, doubled the price, and sold it as a novelty item. They'd have made a fortune.

Jim

Sadly, I think you are right.

I don't know about the brand name, but I unknowingly bought a pair of "gassy" shoes once. There was enough noise in the shoe store that I did not hear it when I tried them on and walked around. However, once I got them home....Believe me, they are worn around the house and nowhere else.

Sell them to all the Jr High kids !!!!! They'd buy them in multitude and drive the teachers crazy!!!!!!!!!!! That company missed an opportunity here, I'd say!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back