Mass. principal suspended 2 days for violent video

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?rip_id=<DA3QPAH01@news.ap.org>&ps=931

EVERETT, Mass. (AP) — The principal of a Massachusetts high school was suspended Tuesday for two days without pay for appearing in a spoof of "The Terminator" movies that was shown to students, which some people thought was inappropriate.

Everett High School Principal Erick Naumann, as well as the teacher who made the video, received equal punishments, the office of Superintendent Frederick Foresteire confirmed. Naumann could have been fired.

The video was a way for the new principal to introduce himself to students. It shows him walking through the empty school dressed in dark sunglasses and a leather jacket, similar to Arnold Schwarzenegger's character in the movies, and terrorizing a woman. The video was interspersed with scenes from the movies, including a burning playground and explosions. When a teacher asks the principal what has happened to everyone, Naumann replies that they have been "naumannated."..........more at link......

The thing that got me was this:

Some said the parody was inappropriate and too violent in light of the school shooting in Newtown, Conn., which occurred just weeks before the video was shown.

You would think a new principal would think twice before showing the video after Newtown....

I wonder if he was trying to be "cool" for the kids. It backfired.

He sounds like kind of a cool principal for a high school. I don't think his 'joke' introduction has anything to do with the mass shootings in Conn. I think he was a victim of overly sensitized political correctness, imo.

I read the article to my high school senior and she said he sounded really cool, like he was trying to connect with his students. She was upset that he got in trouble for it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back