CA - Woman squeezes through doggie door, steals 'I Love Lucy' collectibles in Burbank

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Thief crawls through doggie door, steals 'I Love Lucy' collectibles (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
A woman crawled through the doggie door of a Burbank home and made off with a stash of “I Love Lucy” collectibles, police said.

The burglar -– described by neighbors as a woman in her 40s -– squeezed through a doggie door of a residence on the 1900 block of North Fairview Street and moved the homeowner’s pet dog to the master bedroom, said Burbank Police Sgt. Darin Ryburn.

The thief then made off with jewelry, figurines and “I Love Lucy” collectibles, Ryburn said.
---
a bit more at the link

In real life, Fred couldn't stand Ethel.

Fred - or William Frawley, actually - drank liberally, to put the best spin on it. Always liked Ethel - Vivian Vance of course - as she was born and raised not far from where I was. And, being from Kansas, not many stars were.

Their "real" names were on the fringes of my memory. But you knew who I meant. :)

My husband bought me an "I Love Lucy" calendar on year filled with a bit of trivia for each day of the year.

One of these days, we'll make a trip to the Luci-Dezi Museum in Jamestown, NY, but I'm afraid the reality of it will burst my bubble.

Another bit of trivia on the subject: Vivian Vance was really not as old as they made her appear on the show. In actuality, she and Lucy were close in age.

That's just wrong on so many levels.

"Lucy I'm home". Ya think that woman said that when she went in that door?

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

BTW, admittedly I did not read the article, but my friend went out with a guy who lived in Cali who had an entire "I Love Lucy House". Tell me no musician lived there.

That's just wrong on so many levels.

"Lucy I'm home". Ya think that woman said that when she went in that door?

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"
Hilarious!!

Hate to use this cliched line but Doggie Door Woman has some 'splainin' to do.

and moved the homeowner’s pet dog to the master bedroom

LOL What? Did she bring the dog to the bedroom and close the door?

Sounds like she knew the family....

I wonder if they had this? You'd surely see this coming through the Pawn shop.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/AUTOIMAGES/WG19818lg.jpg

Honestly that does s*ck for the person burglarized. I do feel bad. If someone stole my rooster collection I'd be angry. If someone stole my brother's "Beverly Hillbilly's" collection he'd fight them. If someone stole my other brother's "Wizard Of Oz Collection" they'd be in court. If you stole my mom's "Gone With The Wind Collection" there'd be a death and it would not be hers. Plus they'd need two U-Haul trucks at least. You'd die from moving all the Scarlett stuff.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back