SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
sellars_heather4.jpg

Heather Rena Sellars

Endangered Missing from Spartanburg, South Carolina since September 24, 2002

Age: 20 -- Height: 5'1"-5'3" -- Weight: 100-110 lbs -- Hair Color: Blonde -- Eye Color: Blue

Heather has a tattoo on her arm. She has a mole on her cheek.

Heather was last seen on September 24, 2002 when she was dropped off at work in Spartanburg, South Carolina. She and her boyfriend, Jonothan Vick, went to two local bars that evening. Heather has never been heard from again. She never picked up her last paycheck from work.

Vick was the last person to see Heather before she disappeared. They had broken off their engagement two weeks before but were still dating. Vick was convicted of murdering another woman. He is considered a person of interest in Heather's disappearance. He was also a suspect in the disappearance of Michelle Whitaker in 2002, but she was found alive in 2008. Heather's disappearance remains unsolved.

NamUs

Charley Project

Were Vick & Heather living together at the time?

Charlie Project states she was going to spend the night with her aunt, but never showed up. Does that mean she didn't live with Vick? I would love to know where he lived so we could try to route around the bar on Hwy 221 they were last spotted at to his home address.

Thank you so much, former!

In putting some information here on WS (in case the articles go MIA)

She and Vick, who had met at the Waffle House, began to date in spring 2002. They moved into an apartment in Inman and became engaged.

After several incidents of violence between the two, and an incident where Vick forbid Heather to go to a local store while he worked,

Sellars broke off the engagement and moved back to her grandmother's about two weeks before she disappeared, but the two continued to talk.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20060519/NEWS/605190332?p=all&tc=pgall&tc=ar

My grandmother lived in Inman. I've spent many days in & around the area.

So. The last place Heather was seen with Vick is the Cocktails & Dreams Lounge, just off Hwy 221. Googling tells me it is the Cocktails & Dreams Lounge, address: 280 Whitney Road, Spartanburg SC.

Inman, SC to 280 Whitney Rd, Spartanburg, SC 29303 - Google Maps

Mapping that shows it's appx. 11 miles, around 20 minutes from Inman.

I've driven down the Asheville Hwy many times & it's fairly busy. The area where the bar is (I've never been there) is down near the hospital & is also fairly busy. I always viewed that end of Spartanburg as the "popular in the 80s" side of town. Several older, run down shopping centers.

Wait a minute. Vick was married by the time he was in jail for the murder of the salon owner/worker in 1995?!!

"Even though we warned Mr. Vick the phone calls he made from the jail were being recorded and could be used against him in court, he still called his wife and told her she needed to get in touch with Brian," said Brough.

The article states he was convicted in 2006. I wonder when he was arrested for that 1995 murder? Who was he/is he married to? I wonder has she talked to police about Heather?

More digging......

ETA: I found an article stating he was arrested 10 years after the crime. So, arrested in 2005. Heather disappeared on 9/24/2002. Within 3 years he's found someone new & married her.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/20100514/ARTICLES/5141011

Please try to watch ID channel tonight at 10:00 eastern time.Hoping this will help to bring some answers for Heather's family.

Heather, I had to make a trip to Inman this weekend & I thought of you every time I was in the car driving. We ate breakfast at "your" Waffle House.

I wish we could find out what happened to you. <3

Just finished watching the episode about the murder he was convicted of on Netflix. The series is called "Solved" and it appears to be Season 2, Episode 5.

Meeting that guy was probably the worst thing that could have happened to Heather or any other woman. I'm glad he's locked up and can't hurt any female anymore.

I was about to ask what the likelihood of Heather realizing what a creep this Vick was and running away like Michelle Whitaker, but then I read this:

In 2006, authorities found bloodstains and blonde hair in an abandoned vehicle registered to Vick. They believe the blood and hair may be from Sellars, but will not be certain until forensic testing is complete.

:( Doesn't sound like she's still with us, then. Unless maybe he roughed her up and then she ran away.

If they found the blood and hair in 2006, why are they still waiting to test it? I mean, they can't possibly be that backed up. I know of dozens of cases that have been solved since 2006 because of DNA, is there some sort of low importance placed on this that made it take a back seat to more "Important" cases?

I was about to ask what the likelihood of Heather realizing what a creep this Vick was and running away like Michelle Whitaker, but then I read this:

:( Doesn't sound like she's still with us, then. Unless maybe he roughed her up and then she ran away.

If they found the blood and hair in 2006, why are they still waiting to test it? I mean, they can't possibly be that backed up. I know of dozens of cases that have been solved since 2006 because of DNA, is there some sort of low importance placed on this that made it take a back seat to more "Important" cases?

BBM

ITA, Emma. I searched & searched Friday & Saturday trying to find anything about Heather that was current. I found nothing. I even looked up Vick to see what he's been up to (he went through a spell of court filings a few years back) and I can't find anything on him either.

I may try to send something to one of the anchor folk @ WSPA since the anniversary of her disappearance is coming up on 9/24. See if someone could stir something up for her with this blood & hair from 2006.

Heather will have been missing 11 years on 9/24. :(

And I just did send in a request for WSPA to follow up on the blood & hair(s) found in Vick's automobile. They have my email address. I'll lyk if anything becomes of it.

Today marks 11 years, Heather.

I'm still looking for you.

:rose:

I missed marking 12 years here. However, you were on my mind.

:rose:

I just saw Forensic Files "Driven to Silence" episode. Has there been any development in Heather's disappearance?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back