Possible match TX - Ruth Marie Jones-Severance, 25, Houston, 11-Dec-1982

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A new NamUs No-Photo casefile was created today for Ruth Marie Severance

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/18953/0

I did A little research, and found that she was originally from Lexington NC, and her maiden name was Jones.

I found a few newspaper articles on her, along with a photo

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...RIeAAAAIBAJ&sjid=kVIEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5920,3505464

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...1ocAAAAIBAJ&sjid=vFIEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4710,4632549

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...T8eAAAAIBAJ&sjid=974EAAAAIBAJ&pg=4298,8946396

NamUs MP # 18953

Ruth Marie Jones-Severance

RuthMarieJonesSeverance_zps93d31e67.jpg

LKA
Age LKA: 25
Date LKA: December 11, 1982
Location LKA: Houston, Harris County, Texas
Circumstances: Missing Person last seen on 12/11/1982.​

Vital Stats
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 58 inches (4'10")
Weight: 110 pounds
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color: Hazel
Clothing: Green and white jacket, navy blue shirt and blue jeans​

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
DNA: Not Yet Available (Initial Inquiry Underway)
Fingerprints: Not Available​

I see no connection to R.E. Lee HS, and the timeframe (8 years) is a little longer than the estimated 5-year PM interval.

However ...
(1) she does have a similar facial shape.
(2) Her age (25) is right at the upper end of PD's estimated age range (15-25)
(3) She is very short (4'10" according to NamUs, 4'11" according to the newspaper article), and at the low range of the estimated height (4'11" to 5'3")
(4) She was last seen in the county adjacent to Brazoria County.

RuthMarieJonesSeverance_zps93d31e67.jpg
u0310014a.jpg

Reading the articles again, it occurred to me.

She has no apparent connection to R.E. Lee HS. However, according to one of the news articles, she divorced her husband in 1981 and had an apartment with her 7-year old son. A week before her disappearance, she was evicted from her apartment for failing to make rent. She was engaged to be re-married.

I wonder who her new fiancee was and what HS he went to.

Wow Carl...I don't post a lot, just a huge stalker/lurker. Anyhoo, this sketch...although it doesn't look anything alike, it looks so much alike. Sorry for the confusing words, hence my limited posting, what I mean to say say is that I see something here. Not sure what.

Wow Carl...I don't post a lot, just a huge stalker/lurker. Anyhoo, this sketch...although it doesn't look anything alike, it looks so much alike. Sorry for the confusing words, hence my limited posting, what I mean to say say is that I see something here. Not sure what.

Even though the overall look is not similar, the facial shape is very close.

Tiny chin, square jaws, broad base of the nose, but narrow bridge of the nose, prominent cheekbones.

Reading the articles again, it occurred to me.

She has no apparent connection to R.E. Lee HS. However, according to one of the news articles, she divorced her husband in 1981 and had an apartment with her 7-year old son. A week before her disappearance, she was evicted from her apartment for failing to make rent. She was engaged to be re-married.

I wonder who her new fiancee was and what HS he went to.

I mapped out Robert E. Lee High School and the Memorial City Mall (where Ruth had gone shopping right before her disappearance). They are only 6 miles apart.

http://goo.gl/maps/ZgkcD

I'm speculating that she probably went shopping close to where she was living at the time, and since she was evicted a week earlier, she had probably moved in with her fiancee.

If those two suppositions are true, then it follows, that the fiancee probably lived in the general vicinity of Robert E. Lee HS.

Does her ear/eye alignment match? Hmmm......

I did an overlay, and they match reasonably close. The chins are angled slightly differently, but that is affected greatly by the forward tilt of their head in the photo. I've seen numerous instances where a chin in a facial reconstruction looks much different than the photos of the person to whom a match was made. The differences are primarily attributable to improper occlusion of the jaws by the artist, and differences in the forward tilt of the head with respect to the camera (or artist).

Does her ear/eye alignment match? Hmmm......

I did an overlay, and they match reasonably close. The chins are angled slightly differently, but that is affected greatly by the forward tilt of their head in the photo. I've seen numerous instances where a chin in a facial reconstruction looks much different than the photos of the person to whom a match was made. The differences are primarily attributable to improper occlusion of the jaws by the artist, and differences in the forward tilt of the head with respect to the camera (or artist).

Here's the overlay.

Ruth Severance Princess Blue - YouTube

Carl, I have to agree with KT. Hope you've submitted this one....

I was looking at this again. Princess Blue is said to have a missing #10 tooth (i.e., Upper-Left-Lateral-Incisor). The smiling photo of Ruth Severance shows that her #10 tooth appears to be intact. So unless that is a false-tooth in her photo, or unless the photo was taken prior to the tooth removal, this would probably not be a match.

I was looking at this again. Princess Blue is said to have a missing #10 tooth (i.e., Upper-Left-Lateral-Incisor). The smiling photo of Ruth Severance shows that her #10 tooth appears to be intact. So unless that is a false-tooth in her photo, or unless the photo was taken prior to the tooth removal, this would probably not be a match.

Yeah, but given the evidence of a fight with her husband, i.e., his black eye, cuts and bruises, I wouldn't dump it just on that basis.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back