AL - Lisa Greer, 52, murdered, Gardendale, 10 Jan 2013 *Insanity*

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Personal, job woes dogged pastor before shooting (AP)
Gardendale AL - (AP) Church members and friends knew the Rev. Terry Greer as a joyful fellow with thick white hair and a quick smile. "Hello, you beautiful people!" he often told his congregation at the start of a sermon.

For years, Greer, 53, seemed to be a model pastor. He landed a prime job with one of north Alabama's largest United Methodist congregations. Colleagues praised him as a preacher. Congregants called his marriage to wife Lisa loving.

But health problems forced him from the pulpit, and he was haunted by what his lawyer calls personal, psychological and professional struggles.

Now, friends and colleagues are struggling to understand how Greer ended up charged with killing his wife and wounding their daughter during a shooting in their church-owned home Jan. 10.
---
"It was a perfect storm of personal and professional problems," said Henry Lagman, lawyer for Greer.
---
"He's in a very dark place," Lagman said. "I think the real question is how he got there."
---
lengthy article at the link above

This is bizarre.

It seems like something is being left unsaid.

Many people go thru horrendous health problems and don't start shooting at their family! I'd say health issues would be more likely to people getting closer to family.

This is bizarre.

It seems like something is being left unsaid.

Many people go thru horrendous health problems and don't start shooting at their family! I'd say health issues would be more likely to people getting closer to family.

My thoughts exactly. I just read this article in the paper this morning and was thinking the same thing. There had to be a lot more going on with this guy than the public knew.

I am new to the site and the world of true crime research. Was searching Alabama cases and came across this. This is going to sound really terrible but I always thought the daughter acted really bizarre after the crime was committed. The rumor around town was that she escaped the house and got help from a neighbor, so between that and her mother's murder you would think she would be quite traumatized. But whenever I saw her about a year later she was quite chipper and talked about her mom often enough that it made others kind of uncomfortable. I recall that she was modifying some of her mother's antique jewelry so that she could wear it or something like that. I know everyone grieves differently but it gave me some strange vibes...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back