GUILTY WA - Jason Reeser for abusing 4yo autistic girl, Lake Symington, 2013

Bree0372

Prayers for Tripp ~ Team Boom
Reaction score
Girl, 4, on life support; Bremerton man charged

BREMERTON, Wash. -- Prosecutors have charged a man accused of gravely injuring his girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter, who is now on life support.

Jason D. Reeser, 34, of Bremerton has been charged with assault of a child in the first-degree in a Jan. 28 incident involving the girl.

(snipped)

When questioned by investigators, Reeser initially said he was unaware of any trauma the girl may have suffered while in his care. He said the girl was napping when he heard noise coming from her bedroom. He went to check on the girl, and found her having a seizure and vomiting, he told detectives.

Reeser later changed his story and admitted there had been an incident.

(Snipped)

Reeser had been living with the girl and her mother since September, according to the document. He is being held on $750,000 bail.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Girl-4-on-life-support-Bremerton-man-charged--188932541.html

Although the news hasn't updated their article, the perp is listed on the KCSO's jail website:

http://www.kitsapgov.com/sheriff/incustody/jailwebsecond.asp?charges=700084741

$5,000,000 BOND (yes, MILLION)

Next Court Date: 01/29/2013 03:00 pm

ETA: Mods, if this isn't okay to post, please remove.

The link has been updated:

His bond was reduced to $750,000 (he went to court on 1/29).

His next court date is: 02/12/2013 at 10:00 am
and another court date: 02/26/2013 at 10:00 am

why would he be changing a four year old

The biological father is posting on the link you posted.

Exactly, Charlie! Why would this jerk be changing a 4yo? My son is 3.5 and he can get dressed by himself. I think there's a lot more to this story then what we've read thus far.

An original $5M bond. Reduced after first appearance to $750,000??? This is more than a "friggin look in her eye" (paraphrasing).

My son will pitch a royal tantrum, and give some 'looks', but nothing worth beating him to the point of having brain injuries. :banghead:

why would he be changing a four year old

The biological father is posting on the link you posted.

His comment can take you to his FB by clicking his name, Poor man is beside himself. :(

THis breaks my heart..so so sad :(

Exactly, Charlie! Why would this jerk be changing a 4yo? My son is 3.5 and he can get dressed by himself. I think there's a lot more to this story then what we've read thus far.

An original $5M bond. Reduced after first appearance to $750,000??? This is more than a "friggin look in her eye" (paraphrasing).

My son will pitch a royal tantrum, and give some 'looks', but nothing worth beating him to the point of having brain injuries. :banghead:

I'm quoting myself because the article has been updated. It says:

Jason D. Reeser, 34, told Kitsap County sheriff’s deputies he became frustrated while changing the 4-year-old’s diaper, according to documents filed in Kitsap County District Court.

Changing a diaper? :what: At 4 years old? Isn't that unusual for a 4 year old little girl to still be in diapers? My son has been potty trained since age 2.

When I first read "changing her" I assumed he meant her clothes, not a diaper.

Another quote from the article:
Deputies then spoke to the girl’s mother, who remembered noticing bruises on the girl’s head, legs and thigh a few weeks ago after she had been left with Reeser. Court documents indicate that Reeser told the mother that the girl had cartwheeled down the stairs and he had caught her.

When are these mothers going to start taking responsibility for the care of their children? You don't move in your bf and make him your babysitter. IMHO, this could've been prevented. So, just a few weeks ago, she noticed bruises on the little girl's head, legs and thigh. She obviously believed the boyfriend about a cartwheel. Did she not ask her daughter? Bruises on her thigh? That greatly concerns me.

I understand you may find bruises on children in random places, from time-to-time, but I question if this piqued the curiosity of the mother.

It's heartbreaking to see a new story every day. So very sad!

This article has yet a different story (provided by the alleged perp):
http://www.bremertonpatriot.com/new...aign=Feed:+patnews+(News+-+Bremerton+Patriot)

Seabeck man charged with assault of girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter
(snipped) “She is still in critical condition and still on life support,” Wilson said.

Paramedics responded to a call in the Lake Symington area at 2:41 p.m. When they arrived the girl was experiencing seizure-like activity.

Reeser told responders on the way to the hospital that he found the girl lying in her crib not acting right. When they arrived at the hospital, Reeser told medics the girl was eating a pistachio cookie, suddenly stopped eating, then vomited and went into seizure activity, according to court documents.

The medical history obtained at the hospital indicated she did not have any allergies and had never experienced a seizure. (snipped)

So, obviously, she had no seizure. She may have experienced "seizure-like" activity if he beat her in the head. Oh, that's painful to even think about.

He said she was "lying in her crib". A 4 year old..in a crib? :waitasec:

Man accused of injuring Lake Symington girl pleads not guilty

The man accused of severely injuring a 4-year-old Lake Symington girl in January pleaded not guilty to an assault charge Wednesday in Kitsap County Superior Court.

Jason David Reeser, 34, faces a charge of first-degree child assault before Superior Court Judge Steve Dixon. The charges come with stipulations that would increase the severity of punishment if Reeser is found guilty because the victim was vulnerable and unable to protect herself, and because Reeser held a position of trust with the child.

Court documents allege that Reeser caused severe head trauma to Minnow, his girlfriend’s daughter, on Jan. 28 while watching her at the couple’s residence in the Lake Symington neighborhood. Reeser told police he became frustrated while changing her diaper and pulled her about 20 inches from a bed to the floor.

(snipped)

Reeser has remained in jail since his arrest at the end of January. His bail was kept at $750,000 after Wednesday’s arraignment. His next court date is in June and a tentative trial date has been set for July, although that will likely change.

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2013/...juring-lake-symington-girl-not/#ixzz2UjDOPzGw

Doesn't look like Dad is getting to see her anymore than he was before.

Support facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Making-Minnow-Smile/488790934510435?fref=ts

“Before her injury she was autistic and she spoke very little,” Ruiz said.

“She could say ‘mom’ and she had this hippo that she loved and she called it ‘hoppo.’ But she had very choice words.”

Now Minnow is saying “Grandma” and even called Ruiz “Aunt Ali” for the first time. When Ruiz bent down to tell her how happy that made her, Minnow responded by saying “happy.”

“It made me cry happy tears,” an emotional Ruiz said.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2013/...red-seabeck-4-year-old-returns/#axzz2Ujux8ar5

keep fighting beautiful Minnow!

Found this article about the 4 yr old coming home from the hospital and her condition back in March. M is quite the trooper! Really special...

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2013/...red-seabeck-4-year-old-returns/#axzz2Ujux8ar5

I'm looking at her mom's FB page and she had to go back in the hospital in April because she was in so much pain.

On April 5th (prior to going back in the hospital), her mom posted this:

2 week long coma
On life support for a month
Craniotomy...skull flap removal
Hypertension due to serious blood loss
3 blood transfusions
Subdural hematoma
Traumatic cerebral edema
Subdural hemorrhage
Cardiac dysrhythmia
Retinal hemorrhage...both eyes
Continued vomiting
Convulsions
Respiratory failure
Encephalopathy
Sedative dependency
Methadone dependency
Morphine dependency
Staph infection
Respiratory infection
Urinary tract infection
25% brain loss
Severe vision loss
Unable to walk, sit or stand
Loss of use in left arm and both legs
12 medications daily
4 major surgeries

When minnow shakes her head you can hear it sloshing. I spent a month looking apt my beautiful little girl with half of her head missing. I listen to her scream in pain every time I touch her. Can you imagine what it's like to not be able to hold your baby...ever? She grins her teeth so hard constantly from the pain that she has broken a lot of her teeth.

MODS: If this is not okay to post, please remove. I just wanted to post what this precious baby has had to go through since being abused in January.

Found this article about the 4 yr old coming home from the hospital and her condition back in March. M is quite the trooper! Really special...

According to this article, she is autistic. That could explain why she was still in diapers.

“Before her injury she was autistic and she spoke very little,” Ruiz said. “She could say ‘mom’ and she had this hippo that she loved and she called it ‘hoppo.’ But she had very choice words.”

Now Minnow is saying “Grandma” and even called Ruiz “Aunt Ali” for the first time. When Ruiz bent down to tell her how happy that made her, Minnow responded by saying “happy.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back