Lawyer for alleged Sandusky victim files motion to keep McQuaide Blasko in suit

Reader

Reaction score
Lawyer for alleged Sandusky victim files motion to keep federal suit alive

WILLIAMSPORT — The lawyer for an alleged Jerry Sandusky victim is critical of a State College law firm for the wording in a motion seeking to be dismissed from a federal lawsuit in which it is one of the defendants.

Don Bailey, a former state auditor general, objects to his complaint being described by McQuaide Blasko as a “virtually incomprehensible rant” and part of an “opportunistic agenda.”

In a brief filed Monday in U.S. Middle District Court in opposition to the dismissal motion, Bailey states in his view “PSU could not have conducted, and its leaders would not have allowed, the unfortunate policies which permitted the abuses of Gerald Sandusky without advice from this defendant (McQuaide Blasko).”

Bailey, who is representing a Dauphin County native who claims he was sexually abused in a campus swimming pool in 2005, contends the law firm’s brief in support of its motion to dismiss opens with “a put-down” of his client by turning a sexual assault into a “briefly touched” incident.

He accuses McQuaide Blasko of running political interference for the university for many years and added “they did so with admirable success.” He specifically cites Wendell Courtney, a former member of the firm and a defendant in the suit.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2013/02/...y-victim.html#storylink=botprev#storylink=cpy

That case against Don Bailey has been going on a long time....I found an article about it from 2011:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/08/civil_rights_attorney_don_bail.html

The article J. J. cited said his case was to be considered on Jan. 23....has a decision been made yet? I didn't find anything new....

I noticed from the comments some call him 'crazy' and some say he is fighting the 'corruption' in the Pa. courts.....

Anyhow, he is still currently working and has filed this suit stating:

“PSU could not have conducted, and its leaders would not have allowed, the unfortunate policies which permitted the abuses of Gerald Sandusky without advice from this defendant (McQuaide Blasko).”

I've often wondered what advice Courtney gave to Schultz when he called during the 1998 investigation...

That case against Don Bailey has been going on a long time....I found an article about it from 2011:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/08/civil_rights_attorney_don_bail.html

The article J. J. cited said his case was to be considered on Jan. 23....has a decision been made yet? I didn't find anything new....

I noticed from the comments some call him 'crazy' and some say he is fighting the 'corruption' in the Pa. courts.....

Anyhow, he is still currently working and has filed this suit stating:

I've often wondered what advice Courtney gave to Schultz when he called during the 1998 investigation...

Well, he is also someone I've known (and voted for). I think that decision will be coming down; his partner already his law license suspended.

Honestly, I think he'll need another attorney soon.

I hope they will all still be alive and able to testify when their trial(s) come up. I worry about Curley and his lung cancer.

McQuaide Blasko is trying to get itself dismissed from the suit: http://www.centredaily.com/2013/02/22/3510323/state-college-law-firm-files-to.html

And earlier the firm had agreed with the stay, from your link above:

The Second Mile, Spanier, Schultz, Curley and Wendell Courtney, a former attorney with the State College law firm of McQuaide Blasko, concurred in the motion for a stay, the judge said. McQuaide Blasko also is a defendant.

Will the judge dismiss them when he has already ordered the stay until after the other trials?

Just noticed this from 3/15/13

Jerry Sandusky finally served lawsuit by alleged victim

WILLIAMSPORT — Jerry Sandusky finally has been served in prison with a lawsuit brought by one of his alleged victims.

Notice was filed Wednesday in U.S. Middle District Court that an official at the state prison in Greene County, where the former Penn State defensive coordinator is serving a 30- to 60-year sentence, had accepted service for him.........[Don Bailey still listed as the attorney]

Senior Judge William W. Caldwell granted the university’s motion for a stay. Penn State is among the defendants along with the three facing criminal charges, The Second Mile, Edgewater Psychiatric Center, the State College law firm of McQuaide Blasko and one of its former lawyers, Wendell Courtney.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2013/03/15/3540415/jerry-sandusky-finally-served.html#storylink=cpy

Wendell Courtenay was second only to Sandusky for being in the middle of the web of knowledge of the two cases and working for TSM.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back