AK AK - Tracie Vicent, 26, Anchorage, 14 June 1995

Roselvr

Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
TDVicent.jpg

Tracie Denise Vicent
Missing since June 14, 1995 from Anchorage, Alaska.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: November 22, 1968
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 26 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0"; 115 lbs
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel/brown eyes
  • AKA: Has been known to use the alias Lisa Hill.

Circumstances of Disappearance Doe network
Vicent was last seen at her Mountain View home on June 14, 1995. She has not had any contact with her four young children since that date. She was reported missing after her live-in boyfriend called relatives in Virginia to see if Vicent was with them.

The boyfriend, told officers that Vicent left the home on foot after the two got in an argument. She told him she would return.
Vicent has a history of prostitution, including three arrests for soliciting

Circumstances of Disappearance Charley Project
Vicent was last seen at her home in the Mountain View neighborhood of Anchorage, Alaska on June 14, 1995. She got into an argument with her live-in boyfriend and left the house on foot, and has never been heard from again. Her boyfriend reported her missing two weeks later.

Vicent was arrested three times on prostitution charges in the 18 months prior to her disappearance. She has not had any contact with her four young children since the time she went missing, which is uncharacteristic of her; her boyfriend stated she might have left him but would never have left the children. She has relatives in Virginia. Her case remains unsolved.
*Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004.
*Last updated February 1, 2007; details of disappearance updated.

*She does not have a NamUs page

The Doe Network: Case File 1331DFAK

The Charley Project- Tracie Denise Vicent

Alaska State Police Active Missing Persons Bulletins Direct link to PDF bulletin

NamUs Link
For Tracie Denise Vicent

:rose:​

Tracie lived in Jacksonville Florida from birth to 16. She was an honor student before getting pregnant.

Tracie Vicent had her oldest daughter at the age of 16. Soon after giving birth; her mom kicked her out of the house. She had a friend who was engaged to a military man who was stationed in Alaska; so she went to Alaska with them & it's where she met the father of her 4 kids.

Tracie was last seen in her home in the Mountain View neighborhood; June 14th 1995. The police reports says Tracie and her live-in boyfriend got into a verbal argument; she left on foot, saying she would return later and has never been seen or heard from since. Her sister who was in Florida reported her missing, then 2 weeks later her live in boyfriend reported her missing too. She has not had any contact with her 5 children or family since.

Her daughter was almost 4 when Tracie went missing. The kids were not allowed to ask questions about their mom. She does not know why they weren't allowed to ask questions; but thinks it's because they knew her father beat Tracie and made her become a prostitute. They are ashamed of everything & it's probably why they don't want to talk about it. Now as an adult when she asks, they brush it off and some how change the subject.

Her dad was in jail all of her life, so she doesn't have a relationship with him. He has promised her he had nothing to do with her going missing. She doesn't know what to believe. She has a lot of questions and not enough answers. Now that she has a family of her own she wants to find her.

Missing in Anchorage: Alaska's Hidden Women

Alaska has nearly 80 unsolved missing persons cases and two unidentified cases according to this website -- but the number could be higher for all we know. Thirty-two of these listed cases are missing women, as is one of the cases of unidentified human remains.

These cases range in time frame from 30 or 40 years in the past to as recently as this year when Samantha Koenig was allegedly abducted from an Anchorage coffee shop. What's interesting about some of these cases is that these women are primarily young, caucasian(ish) in feature and attractive. The circumstances surrounding the disappearances of a couple of them are just as mysterious as Samantha's disappearance.

Bonnie Craig case DNA match left scientist breathless

Bonnie Craig's killer sentenced to 124 years in prison Kenneth Dion, 42, was sentenced to serve 124 years for the killing, which haunted Anchorage for years. Judge Jack Smith did not issue any suspended time.

A hiker found Craig's body facedown and submerged in McHugh Creek on a chilly autumn day, Sept. 28, 1994. Years went by with few good leads, until semen found in Craig matched DNA taken from Dion in 2006, when he was convicted of a string of armed robberies in New Hampshire.

A jury convicted him for Craig's murder in June after a 21-day trial.

Alaska, Land of the Lost

Folks, This young lady is just literally begging for help with her mothers case.
If any of you could find it in your hearts and time allowances to peruse the case facts and offer any assistance or advice I am sure she would appreciate it.

She really needs to get her listed into NAMUS. What about getting in touch with the agency she was reported missing to?

I messaged her last night. I'm pretty sure she's working on it. I heard something about her giving DNA.

If I doesn't happen; I'll try to make an account & enter it. From what I've read; we may be able to enter cases.

This has to be very over whelming for her. She's not sure if her mom is deceased or alive. From what I scanned in the articles I linked to last night; it's possible she's deceased. There is also the chance that she was tired of how he treated her & walked out. Makes no sense that she wouldn't contact her oldest daughter; her sister or one of her kids unless she was ashamed of what he made her do.

This is an honor student that got pregnant young & was thrown out. These days; parents are held responsible for them until they turn 18 or finish school. It's possible that the "real" Tracie walked out after the fight & at 26 years old said WTF am I doing allowing him to continue to treat me like trash? I don't know enough about her; but to end up in Alaska so far from home that young & to put up with 10 years of who knows what; she was a survivor. So it could be possible that she made a new life for herself.

I had another idea too & am pretty sure I asked her daughter. We'll see what comes of it if anything.

I am thinking likely deceased as well. Possibly that fight was fatal, not reported missing for two weeks or met a bad end alone at night. I read through links and my heart goes to those kids. I am a mom of five myself and could not imagine leaving and not contacting my kids again. I hope she finds answers and some peace. I am new here and not good at the sleuthing but wanted to at least post that I read it all and praying for her search for her mom.

Welcome to WS!

You'll eventually get good at it or find strengths to bring to each post you go to. Everyone is good at different things.

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment.

Tracie was pure Portuguese. I see I forgot to add that.
I gave her daughter the NamUs contact last night so that she can request DNA

You mention tracie is Portuguese - is her family a recently (first or second generation) immigrated? Does she speak Portuguese? My family is also, and Portuguese tend to immigrate in certain areas, and there will be sizable Portuguese communities.

If her family background is such, you could try looking in southeastern Mass (New Bedford, Fall River, Taunton) and Rhode Island, Gloucester Mass area, and there is also a sizable, older Portuguese community in the San Jose, CA area too, I have heard.

I will put her info on my FB, as all my family in in the SE Mass area, and a good chunk of my friends as well, just in case she may have headed to one of those areas of familiar background. Maybe a long shot, but you never know.

Really good suggestion & not something I thought of. My family is Hungarian so I know what you're saying. I'll ask her daughter but she may not know since she was 4 when mom went missing.

Tracie's grandpa is from Portugal, and the daughter doesn't think she speaks it

Ah, okay. I wonder though if she would have gravitated towards any of those areas anyway, if she left voluntarily? Most Portuguese immigrants are bilingual, so even if she doesn't speak Portuguese she still might have felt an affinity for an area maybe based on family stories/history, etc. Do they know what state/city Grandpa immigrated to here, originally?

Ah, okay. I wonder though if she would have gravitated towards any of those areas anyway, if she left voluntarily? Most Portuguese immigrants are bilingual, so even if she doesn't speak Portuguese she still might have felt an affinity for an area maybe based on family stories/history, etc. Do they know what state/city Grandpa immigrated to here, originally?

I doubt her daughter can answer that; it needs to go to her sister who isn't available right now.

I know the family is in Florida; there are also family in Virginia. I'll add that to my list for her sister. Also on my list is to see if we can track her social.

I go back & forth. On one hand her boyfriend could have hurt her. On the other; I feel Tracie was a strong woman that could have left & survived. She made it all the way to Alaska when her mother kicked her out. Not sure if I added that she flew to Alaska. It's possible Tracie was very ashamed at what she let her boyfriend do to her with soliciting & drugs; so ashamed that the last place she'd show up would be where family is; but it is possible that she was close by since she left her kids in Alaska. Did I make sense? lol

I agree - I can really see both scenarios happen. It's very possible that Tracie's boyfriend (given his history of violence) hurt her but I also think it's possible she left of her own accord and then didn't make contact for some reason. Maybe she met with foul play, but also, maybe she really was ashamed of what was going on and felt that her kids' lives would be more stable without her (or she planned on getting them back when she got back on her feet).

The Anchorage pattern is really creepy but I honestly hope she made her way elsewhere. It seems like she has an alias so if anyone has a subscription to those services that let you search people, that could be useful. I've found several people who have the right age range but it doesn't sound like Lisa Hill is a very unusual, showy name so it can be anyone else. I've only used pipl but on the social networks bit I found about three profiles who look a bit like what she could look like nowadays, but it's hard to be sure because of the angle of the photos. Roselvr, I can PM them to you if you'd like.

Finally, are you completely sure she's 100% Portuguese? Her name doesn't sound like it. I'm not talking about the first and middle names as from what I understand, it's really common in immigrants from everywhere to give their kids names from their new country. Her last name, however, doesn't sound like it. Maybe it's a case of the Vincent family having chosen a more Americanized spelling or a spelling mistake in old records that caught on (like how many European immigrants in the early 20th century had their names changed a bit so they'd sound more English or even because in their paperwork it had ended up misspelled by someone who didn't know their language).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back