GUILTY AZ - Angelene Plummer, 3, beaten to death, Mesa, 8 Feb 2005

Juliana

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OMG! Now I have heard everything! A 3 year old girl was killed by her father's best friend while he was babysitting her. The father said he can't stay mad at the killer because they are good friends. :furious:

This happened in a trailer behind the grandparent's house. Where the he** were the grandparents? Why couldn't they keep the girl?

That poor baby!

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0210plummer-ON.html

Juliana said:
OMG! Now I have heard everything! A 3 year old girl was killed by her father's best friend while he was babysitting her. The father said he can't stay mad at the killer because they are good friends. :furious:

If he is NOT mad and ready to kill his friend he is not a FATHER--he needs to be charged for leaving his little girl with a drug addict from Mond. to Tues.

Senta Scarborough
The Arizona Republic
Feb. 11, 2005 08:12 PM

MESA - Child Protective Serviceshas launched an internal review of its five-year involvement with the family of a 3-year-old girl who was beaten, stabbed and found dead this week.

The agency announced the review late Friday after the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office released reports detailing several cases where CPS was notified by a school nurse of possible child abuse in the home.

...CPS investigated the family of Angeline Plummer eight times from 2000 to 2004, most involving suspected physical abuse of her older brother and sister. All of the incidents were found to be unsubstantiated, according to CPS. The agency had its last contact with the family in April 2004.

Angeline was the subject of abuse in a CPS case investigated in January 2002, the month she was born. The girl's grandmother has said the girl was born with marijuana in her system, but it was unclear whether that was the reason for the investigation.

Full story

Channel 15

Sheriff Arpaio calls the killing one of the most horrific murders his detectives have investigated.

Langin is being held without bond.

Photo of suspect

East Valley Tribune

Deputies have been called to the Plummer home 28 times through the years, including four times about possible child abuse, officials said. None of the calls involved the victim. The state’s Child Protective Services also has investigated the family numerous times, but could not comment.

Langin is being held without bail in the county’s Madison Street in Jail in Phoenix.

Detectives continue to investigate the girl’s death and charges could be filed against others, Arpaio said.

East Valley Tribune

"If this person is convicted, he deserves the death penalty," Arpaio said. "This was a horrific death of a 3-year-old who didn’t have a chance in this life."

...The girl’s siblings, ages 5 and 8, and a 3-year-old cousin, were in CPS custody Wednesday night.

Rest in peace, sweet little Angeline.

Prayers for swift justice, Lanie

RIP Angeline. It just gets worse and worse. Imagine how many thousands upon thousands of child abuse cases as horrific as we've been reading that we DON'T know about, or haven't been discovered, yet! Let's pray all are discovered before it is too late, like it was for this girl.

OMG That poor baby. Where was the so called father for 24 hours? And where was the mother? Why did the aunt and grandparents allow the girl to be left with that man?

OMG this story just breaks my heart....My God what is the world comimg too..
Angeline is GODS child now..

Poor little girl.... There will be no more suffering for her.

According to these articles, police were called 24 times IN ADDITION to the 4 times regarding the children. It sounds like a very troubled household with a lot of troubled people. Based on the children's accounts, both Mom and Dad were reported as having hit or hurt them. yikes, it's hard to know who and how many were mistreating these kids. :banghead:

The white and gold casket holding the burned and beaten body of 3-year old Angelene Plummer was closed at her memorial service on Tuesday, two weeks after deputies say her baby-sitter killed her.

Inside, the chubby-cheeked, curly-haired girl called Angel was dressed in a floral top with a pink jumper, gifts from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office investigators and crime lab units.

She wore a silver necklace with a St. Jude's medallion, the patron saint of lost causes, donated by a Rural/Metro captain paramedic who responded the night of her death. In her arms, she held a stuffed Clarence the Dog and a teddy bear, also gifts from strangers. advertisement

Even the flowers on her tiny casket were carefully selected to match a little girl's preferences: pink roses, daisies and baby's breath.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0223childfuneral.html

I think there is a thread for this one, but I was unable to find it

I am new to this website -- I live in Arizona where this case took place, actually this case made me want to start searching for more information, then along w/ the Jessica Lundsford abduction/death -- I found this site.

I can't even imagine what that poor innocent angel went through during the last hours of her life. She was literally tortured. Absolutely outraged by the pure evil of the animal that did this, and the lack of caring from this childs family.... but also w/ the Child Protective Services in the state of Arizona -- Our Governor,Janet Napolitano, recieved 35.5 million though a special legislature session to reform the system here -- and a year later -- nothing has been done. The day of Angelene's funeral (which was mostly donated by the police/emt/firemen that spent the last hours w/ her), the governor when asked if CPS/the State failed her -- she responded that "we all failed her as a community".

What does it take to remove this children from these evil people? I guess death.....

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.... I know that I hold my children a little tighter tonight --.

BTW -- I haven't heard any updates to what has happened to either langin or the father in this case, sadly enough....

Nchadwickaz said:
I am new to this website -- I live in Arizona where this case took place, actually this case made me want to start searching for more information, then along w/ the Jessica Lundsford abduction/death -- I found this site.

Welcome to the boards Nchadwickaz . . .

Nchadwickaz said:
I am new to this website -- I live in Arizona where this case took
snip....................
BTW -- I haven't heard any updates to what has happened to either langin or the father in this case, sadly enough....

Welcome to Websleuths Nchadwickaz...
This is a sad, sad case........it's just horrible to see what we do to each other........and a poor defenseless child. Unspeakable.

JMHO
fran

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=38430

March 23, 2005
Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty for a 30-year-old East Valley man accused of beating a 3-year-old girl to death last month, Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas announced Tuesday.

If child services was called that many times then that child should have been removed.Arizona officials failed that child and that child's siblings,I hope those other kids have been taken away.That poor baby.Like I say many times,some people just shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

The father of a 3-year-old girl who deputies said was beaten to death by his best friend in February has been indicted on charges of failing to protect his daughter.

Deputies arrested Michael Edward Plummer, 29, Tuesday after he was indicted last week by a Maricopa County grand jury on a single count of child abuse. He is being held on a $250,000 bond at the county's Towers Jail.

Plummer was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of his arrest and has a history of domestic violence and violence against children, court documents show.

"He was responsible to protect his child and he didn't do that," Maricopa County Sheriff's Office spokesman Lt. Paul Chagolla said.

The death of Angelene Plummer, a chubby-cheeked, curly haired girl, deeply affected emergency workers and investigators on the case, who raised money and donated items to spare her a pauper's burial.
http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/1021plummer-ON.html

This is one of the saddest I have read,not only the father but his buddy too arent they heros ,she was just a baby.I hope they are going to fry them both.:furious:

Michael Edward Plummer

Housed: Great Plains
Offense Date: 02/08/2005

Offense: Child Abuse
Offense: Dangerous Crimes Against Children
Offense: Domestic Violence
Offense: Danger/Repetit/Enhance
Sentence: 18 years

Supervised Release Date: 07/17/2023
Flat Maximum Date: 10/15/2023
=======================================

Christopher Jason Langin

Housed: ASPC-Eyman
Offense Date: 02/08/2005

Offense: 1st Degree Murder
Offense: 3rd Violent/Aggravated Offense
Sentence: LWOP

Offense: Child Abuse
Sentence: 24 years

Offense: Aggravated Assault
Sentence: 3 years 9 months

The father didn't deserve to go to jail. He had no idea that would happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back