Identified! FL - Orlando, HispMale UP532, 30-50, alias Francisco 'John' Moreno, Jun'98 - namus removed

Irish_Eyes

Reaction score
http://doenetwork.org/cases/511umfl.html

511UMFL.jpg

Unidentified Hispanic Male

The victim was discovered on June 25, 1998 in Orlando, Orange County, Florida.
Date of Death: June 25, 1998
Cause of Death: Accidental fall
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 30 - 50 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"-5'6"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair with some gray, wavy and short.; brown eyes. Black mustache. Scar, left upper arm. Scar, posterior left upper thigh.
Clothing: No clothing or personal effects.
Jewelry: White metal ring, graduation type, on left 4th finger reads "ESC SEC DOMINGUEZ 1983".
Tattoos: Mushroom tattoo on ventral left upper forearm. Cross tattoo on dorsal left hand between thumb & index.
Marks, Scars: A well-healed scar on the left upper arm, small, irregular, well-healed scars are on the left elbow, knees, and legs. A well healed scar is on the posterior left upper thigh.
Fingerprints: Available
Dentals: Natural teeth.
DNA: No sample available to submit.

Case History
The victim was located at a parking lot at 535 West Central Boulevard, Orlando, FL.

He was believed to be sleeping naked on the roof of a vacant business and he accidentally fell off the roof.

The ring could refer to Escuela Secundaria Belisario Dominguez, which is in Tijuana. I found a site where former students have shared comments and memories:

http://wikimapia.org/1881300/es/Secundaria-Belisario-Dominguez

Several indicate they attended the school in the early eighties, so it's possible someone here may know him. There is also a FB page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Escuela-Secundaria-3-Belisario-Dominguez/107808772594253

My Spanish is not fluent. I can read it pretty well, but write and speak it poorly. Would anyone here feel up to helping me craft a message to post on these sites?

There is also a school by this name in Tapachula, Mexico, which would seem closer to Florida. Hmmm...

Namus provides additional information. for example he went by the name Francisco "John" Moreno. I would also say that if he graduated secondary school in 1983, that would place his year of birth around 1965 maybe a year or two after that. not sure how old they graduate high school in whatever country he came from.

so in 1998 this guy would have been about 30-33 years old.

they don't have many identifiers so this guy might remain a UID for a long time.

https://identifyus.org/cases/532

In 2013 this UID has no DNA sample available (not sure if this means his remains were disposed, or whether he is buried and no sample was taken first). @Irish_Eyes it's a long time ago, but do you recall if the Spanish-language posting ever happened?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Case Numbers
ME/C Case Number 1998-000587
Demographics
Sex Male
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years) 30-50
Estimated Year of Death 1998
Estimated PMI 1 Hours
Height 5' 7"(67 inches) , Measured
Weight 110 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found June 25, 1998
NamUs Case Created August 7, 2007
Location Found Map
Location Orlando, Florida 32801
County Orange County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Circumstances of Recovery The decedent was believed to be sleeping naked on the roof of a vacant business. It is believed that he accidentally fell off the roof. He went by the name Francisco "John" Moreno.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Recognizable face
Physical Description
Hair Color - Gray or Partially Gray
Head Hair Description - The decedent's hair was wavy, short black with some gray.
Body Hair Description --
Facial Hair Description - The decedent had a black mustache.
Left /Right Eye Color - Brown
Clothing and Accessories
Jewelry - The decedent had a silver metal ring which was graduation style reading: "ESC SEC DOMINGUEZ 1983."

I can't ever remember hearing about anyone having a mushroom tattoo. I looked it up and there's many meanings. I do not see a photo of the tattoos though. I think that would be important information on a John Doe profile.
The decedent has a mushroom tattoo on the ventral aspect of the left upper forearm.
Mushroom Tattoo For Good Luck, Longevity, Freedom, And Power.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back