Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Bookworm's nightmare: Officials close SW Michigan library after bedbugs found in book bindings

Bedbugs found during inspection at Washington Square Branch in Kalamazoo

Published On: Feb 12 2013 06:27:13 AM EST

KALAMAZOO, Mich. -
Southwestern Michigan officials say bedbugs found in book bindings prompted them to close a Kalamazoo Public Library branch...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ngs/-/1719418/18508252/-/phviarz/-/index.html

OMG! That's terrible..I am a die hard hold the book in my hand reader..I may actually have to use my reader! I would freak if any kind of bug got in my bed!

Suburban Detroit library shut amid bedbug infestation; staff at other branches on lookout

Published On: Jun 13 2014 07:18:02 AM EDT

WARREN, Mich. -
A suburban Detroit library has been closed as part of an effort to stop a bedbug infestation from spreading.

The city of Warren announced Thursday that emergency preventive actions are being taken after the Miller Branch was closed. Library workers being trained to recognize bedbugs and staff will be instructed to carefully inspect items when they're returned...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...n-staff-at-other-branches-on-lookout/26473728

As of yet, we have not seen any bedbugs in our collection.
However, we have been alerted and know how to proceed if they are found.
Eek!

charminglane, how can you tell, and what do you do if you find the critters in your books? TIA

Bedbug infestations are a horror. Some people, such as me, get extreme reactions to bites, including hives, swelling, redness, itching, pain, bleeding, and scarring. Others don't react one bit and sometimes don't even know it when they get bitten.

You freeze the books in question.
You can also put them in those shrinky bags that you attach to the vacuum cleaner. Put the books in the bag, suck air out and seal. Then put them in the freezer for two weeks. Shake books out to remove the little buggers or vacuum those little *advertiser censored* out.

To add -
Bedbugs are actually easier to remove than the sex offenders!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MSG2
Back