A DNA expert will be available to answer your questions!

cynic

Reaction score
In the very near future, Tricia’s True Crime Radio will be featuring a DNA expert, (who has appeared in nearly a hundred trials as a Court recognized expert witness,) to answer some questions relating to the JonBenet case and discuss DNA issues in general.
Please post your questions here.
(There is no guarantee your question will be asked, but every effort will be made to be as accommodating as possible.)

In the very near future, Tricia’s True Crime Radio will be featuring a DNA expert to answer some questions relating to the JonBenet case and discuss DNA issues in general.
Please post your questions here. We cannot guarantee your question will be asked, but we will try to be as accommodating as possible.

cynic,
Just tell us which Ramsey dna was found on JonBenet.

Specific to JBR case question:

Does John Ramsey DNA has been found on/in JB's mouth area (CPR was performed or not? Eeny, meeny, miny, moe,: Catch a LIER by the toe:)

General DNA questions:

Based on CODIS standards for partial DNA:
- is it legal to publicly exonerate anyone 'who partially didn't match'?
- in which situations and by whom the partial DNA has been proclaimed as the MAJOR evidence of the crime versa non-essential artifacts?
- does partial DNA in CODIS has 'expiration/removal' date and if yes then under which criteria??

Thank you!

Can the garrote still be tested for touch DNA ? (IIRC if it was tested for prints you can't test it for touch DNA,dunno where i heard it and if it's correct)

The Ramseys said the rope ain't theirs(was brought by the intruder),if there is Ramsey dna on it >>>good enough reason to call them in for further questioning

Specific to JBR case question:

Does John Ramsey DNA has been found on/in JB's mouth area (CPR was performed or not? Eeny, meeny, miny, moe,: Catch a LIER by the toe:)

another one I am looking for the answer for a very long time ,did they ever take a dna sample from dr.Beuf?

Dr. Dan Krane will be the guest on Tricia’s True Crime Radio this Sunday.
His CV is 35 pages long:
http://www.bioforensics.com/CV/KraneCV01-12.pdf
He has recently released the following very informative videos.
(Additional supporting documents and other information can be found at:
http://www.bioforensics.com/)

DNA technology in court
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp1ZfqeGPhU"]DNA technology in court (HD version) - YouTube[/ame]

Generating forensic DNA profiles
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt3gRO8nfeY"]Generating forensic DNA profiles (HD version) - YouTube[/ame]

Artifacts and noise in DNA profiling
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ErDtXV-NE"]Artifacts and noise in DNA profiling (HD version) - YouTube[/ame]

Statistical weights of single source DNA profiles
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leRP3xhO_ZA"]Statistical weights of single source DNA profiles (HD version) - YouTube[/ame]

Statistical weights of mixed DNA profiles
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVHo1Pjf210"]Statistical weights of mixed DNA profiles (HD version) - YouTube[/ame]

Implications of database searches for DNA profiling statistics
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtTIPFjlQeI"]Implications of database searches for DNA profiling statistics (HD version) - YouTube[/ame]

Observer effects in DNA profiling
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyN27k7bLxg"]Observer effects in DNA profiling (HD version) - YouTube[/ame]

What can go wrong with DNA profiling?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJU7H7xnxKI"]What can go wrong with DNA profiling (HD version) - YouTube[/ame]

You are a treasure trove of valuable information, Cynic.
I am constantly learning from you.

One of the cases that was mentioned on the show involves a recent ebook which some of you might be interested in.
It relates to an old controversial case (1961) from the UK which, regardless of how you may feel about the verdict, it seems that DNA should have been left out of the controversy given the problems that the author, Robert Harriman, outlines.
Hanratty: The DNA Travesty
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E9QPEES

Two bombshells from the show
The much vaunted DNA evidence that Mary Lacy, Lin Wood, John Ramsey and some others have shamelessly paraded around would NOT BE ADMISSIBLE in court because it is a mixed profile with dropout.
“… there is no generally accepted means of attaching a reliable statistical weight to a mixed DNA profile where allelic drop out may have occurred."
Listen at 54:38 – 58:25
Continuing on with Mary Lacy, Dr Krane said that if she based the exoneration exclusively on the DNA evidence then that was WRONG – “THAT THAT CONVEYS A LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF DNA.”
Listen at 58:42 – 61:00

Two bombshells from the show
The much vaunted DNA evidence that Mary Lacy, Lin Wood, John Ramsey and some others have shamelessly paraded around would NOT BE ADMISSIBLE in court because it is a mixed profile with dropout.
“… there is no generally accepted means of attaching a reliable statistical weight to a mixed DNA profile where allelic drop out may have occurred."
Listen at 54:38 – 58:25
Continuing on with Mary Lacy, Dr Krane said that if she based the exoneration exclusively on the DNA evidence then that was WRONG – “THAT THAT CONVEYS A LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF DNA.”
Listen at 58:42 – 61:00

It was BRILLIANT!

You were BRILLIANT!

Dr. Krane IS brilliant!

Tricia was BRILLIANT TIMES 10: doing WHAT SHE DOES and HAS DONE FOR 10 YEARS to bring the truth to light in this and so many other cases.

Tricia is what Nancy Grace MEANT to be.

For my full meltdown, see my posts on this topic on FFJ.

:rockon::drumroll:

[ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10224"]A DNA expert will be available to answer your questions! - Forums For Justice[/ame]

Hi cynic, I hope I have got this quote correct.

On Tricia's program you said "It turns out that the profile Bode obtained was weaker than the CODIS profile, which was in itself was partial".

I have never heard before that the Bode profile was weaker than the profile already in CODIS (from the panties). Could you please tell me where you got this information? And thanks for getting this guy on the program

The intruder was always innocent. I didn't need the DNA explained to know that. I didn't need the DNA explained to know Lacy was biased and unprofessional. None of that had anything to do with clearing up who did what between John and Patsy.

The intruder was always innocent. I didn't need the DNA explained to know that. I didn't need the DNA explained to know Lacy was biased and unprofessional. None of that had anything to do with clearing up who did what between John and Patsy.

I agree.

But the DNA is Team Ramseys' Holy Grail of propaganda in this case, as we hear it "exonerated" the Ramseys every time the media bring this case up, going back to 2008 and Lacy's shameful, unprofessional, incompetent media tour on behalf of Team Ramsey.

Having a professional DNA expert discuss the fallacies of that misdirection is helpful, I think.

Dr. Krane carries a little more weight than you or I do...shocking, I know. :wink:

And while you perhaps understand the science of DNA well enough, I've seen so much smoke blown during debates over alleles and LCN DNA and statistical values and and and so much BS over "touch" DNA by "Intruder" theorists who obviously think THEY'RE DNA experts, you have no idea....

So yeah, this is important expertise to have on the record--at long last.

Well, it is to me, anyway.

the problem in this case is not that the DNA is used by the defence as spin,they are free to spin it till they drop dead ...the problem is that the prosecution was and maybe still is ON the DEFENCE TEAM!!

Hi cynic, I hope I have got this quote correct.

On Tricia's program you said "It turns out that the profile Bode obtained was weaker than the CODIS profile, which was in itself was partial".

I have never heard before that the Bode profile was weaker than the profile already in CODIS (from the panties). Could you please tell me where you got this information? And thanks for getting this guy on the program
Hi aussiesheila2,

I have been following Dr Krane’s work for many years through a number of trials and, of course, I also have worked through the materials that he and his colleagues have put together at www.bioforensics.com.
It was an extraordinary privilege to have had a number of conversations with him as well as a significant exchange of emails. It was great to have him on Tricia’s show in order that people here could also hear what he had to say about the JonBenet case.
What would truly be amazing would be if somehow we could obtain the DNA reports that are in evidence and have Dr Krane look those over.
I can’t see that happening because I believe that the DNA in this case is a HUGE embarrassment. It is evident from the reluctance to fully disclose relevant DNA information to the Cold Case Task Force that assembled in 2009 which James Kolar attended.
In answer to your question, my information is from James Kolar’s book and that information was received during a DNA briefing by Andy Horita at the 2009 Task Force two day meeting.

As of this writing, I have been unable to determine the strength of the genetic markers that were identified as the Touch DNA samples found in the leggings worn by JonBenét at the time of the discovery of her body. Horita reported that they were weaker than the partial sample identified as Distal Stain 007-2.
Foreign Faction - Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet? James Kolar, page 417

the problem in this case is not that the DNA is used by the defence as spin,they are free to spin it till they drop dead ...the problem is that the prosecution was and maybe still is ON the DEFENCE TEAM!!

Insane, isn't it? :facepalm:

Hi aussiesheila2,

I have been following Dr Krane’s work for many years through a number of trials and, of course, I also have worked through the materials that he his colleagues have put together at www.bioforensics.com.
It was an extraordinary privilege to have had a number of conversations with him as well as significant exchange of emails. It was great to have him on Tricia’s show in order that people here could also hear what he had to say about the JonBenet case.
What would truly be amazing would be if somehow we could obtain the DNA reports that are in evidence and have Dr Krane look those over.
I can’t see that happening because I believe that the DNA in this case is a HUGE embarrassment. It is evident from the reluctance to fully disclose relevant DNA information to the Cold Case Task Force that assembled in 2009 which James Kolar attended.
In answer to your question, my information is from James Kolar’s book and that information was received during a DNA briefing by Andy Horita at the 2009 Task Force two day meeting.

As of this writing, I have been unable to determine the strength of the genetic markers that were identified as the Touch DNA samples found in the leggings worn by JonBenét at the time of the discovery of her body. Horita reported that they were weaker than the partial sample identified as Distal Stain 007-2.
Foreign Faction - Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet? James Kolar, page 417

Thanks so much. You work so hard, cynic, to give us the info to back up the evidence.

So you've been privy to Dr. Krane's expertise for a long time? Oh, you sly dog, you.

I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve.

I agree.

But the DNA is Team Ramseys' Holy Grail of propaganda in this case, as we hear it "exonerated" the Ramseys every time the media bring this case up, going back to 2008 and Lacy's shameful, unprofessional, incompetent media tour on behalf of Team Ramsey.

Having a professional DNA expert discuss the fallacies of that misdirection is helpful, I think.

Dr. Krane carries a little more weight than you or I do...shocking, I know. :wink:

And while you perhaps understand the science of DNA well enough, I've seen so much smoke blown during debates over alleles and LCN DNA and statistical values and and and so much BS over "touch" DNA by "Intruder" theorists who obviously think THEY'RE DNA experts, you have no idea....

So yeah, this is important expertise to have on the record--at long last.

Well, it is to me, anyway.
BBM, absolutely. Too bad we can't have a big press conference and all the fanfare that accompanied Mary Lacy's pronouncements

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back