GUILTY FL - Stefano Riccioletti, 49, killed by drunk driver, Miami Beach, 28 Jan 2013

iluvmua

Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-karlie-tomica-faces-dui-manslaughter-charge/

The victim's family is being represented by Jose Baez. (for the civil matter) Although I do not like him I hope he is able to get justice for the victim and his family, And I hope the prosecutors get justice for the victim and his family as well.

And I hope she goes away for a very long time.

Is she well known in the Miami/Miami Beach area?

I've never heard of her.

From the above article:
Tomica’s attorney, Mark Shapiro, said his client is a young girl who made a tragic mistake.

“She’s just a regular person who finds herself in this horrible situation,” he said.

And tragic mistakes have tragic consequences. She should be held accountable, imo.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-karlie-tomica-faces-dui-manslaughter-charge/

The victim's family is being represented by Jose Baez. (for the civil matter) Although I do not like him I hope he is able to get justice for the victim and his family, And I hope the prosecutors get justice for the victim and his family as well.

And I hope she goes away for a very long time.

Is she well known in the Miami/Miami Beach area?

I've never heard of her.

No, I don't believe she was well known or anything like that. She called herself "party princess" so that is why they are calling her that.

"She has finals next week" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? She is worried about finals when she killed someone by driving 3 times over the alcohol limit???????

"She has finals next week" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? She is worried about finals when she killed someone by driving 3 times over the alcohol limit???????

I really have to watch what I say here....this girl looks like a spoiled little biatch.....she looks absolutely incensed at the proceedings. And her selfish concern about finals really infuriates me. Snotty little thing. IMO

House arrest??? She hit and killed a man while driving drunk, fled the scene (with his blood and brain matter in her hair) and evaded a witness who was trying to stop her... then had a snooze at the police station.

Why is this girl allowed a comfy house arrest?

If she were lower income, or black or Hispanic, she'd be in jail.

Class and race play a factor. MO. :twocents:

You know, I might have actually felt a bit sorry for her - being young, stupid, and scared, and facing a whole lot of jail time at age twenty - if it weren't for two facts:

- being THREE TIMES over the limit. That doesn't sound like a drink or two, and making a horrible misjudgment. That sounds well drunk, to me.

- the finals remark. A wife and kids are without their husband and father for the rest of their lives, but the finals are what they chose to remark upon? Gmab.

I'd also like to see them go after the bar where she got drunk. Someone saw her drinking, and knew she was driving when she left. GO JOSE.

How would blood and brain matter have gotten in her hair? Was she in a convertible?

If she were lower income, or black or Hispanic, she'd be in jail.

Class and race play a factor. MO. :twocents:

I really believe that socio-economics play the largest role in this regard. Money, and connections that come with money, buy all sorts of favors. MOO. :moo:

By the way, what a heroic bystander for following her and notifiying the police.
If that didn't happen, even if they found her later, they would not be able to charge her with DUI, since they wouldn't have her test results.

You know, I might have actually felt a bit sorry for her - being young, stupid, and scared, and facing a whole lot of jail time at age twenty - if it weren't for two facts:

- being THREE TIMES over the limit. That doesn't sound like a drink or two, and making a horrible misjudgment. That sounds well drunk, to me.

- the finals remark. A wife and kids are without their husband and father for the rest of their lives, but the finals are what they chose to remark upon? Gmab.

I'd also like to see them go after the bar where she got drunk. Someone saw her drinking, and knew she was driving when she left. GO JOSE.

BBM Oh, they'll definitely go after the bar. Nikki Beach is really popular in Miami Beach. Not only that, she was an underage bartender (only 20-years-old). She was most likely serving herself (customers buying her shots) which a manager should have been 100% aware of. Not only will the family go after Nikki Beach, I would bet a lot of money that ATF is investigating and they'll be some serious fines to pay and maybe even worse which is their liquor license can be revoked.

Jose may actually make some money off this case.

I'm a little confused by what I have read. The Party Princess was underage, working as a bartender, processing an id of someone else who was over 21, and drinking at her place of employment (Nikki Beach) and very drunk.

Was she "on the clock" (working) that night? Is it legal for someone under 21 to serve drinks in Florida? (it isn't here in California). Was she employed at Nikki Beach under her real name or the name (and age) of the person who's id she processed?

I know of two situations in California (Florida law may be different). In one, the owner of a restaurant threw a banquet for all his employees and underage employees were allowed to drink (they were not "on the clock" at the time). One underage employee killed someone in a wreak on the way home. The owner was sued and lost the place in the judgment. In the other case, a bartender over 21 drank during his shift and killed someone in a wreak on the way home. The owner of bar was sued but the court threw the case out ruling that the owner of the bar was not liable (just the bartender).

There are state laws, that vary widely, that place some responsibility on "innkeepers" and homeowners for keeping intoxicated guests from driving.

Same here, plus one last thing. I'd feel a bit sorry for her if she hadn't left the scene of the crime. I mean, sure, she was drunk, but according to that article with the detailed documents, it kind of seemed like she knew what she did and she just wanted to get away with it.

Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone makes bad decisions. It is how we deal with the aftermath of these mistakes that our character shows. And she chose to leave after the accident happened and the witness tried to stop her.

On another note, I can't believe we're all cheering for Jose Baez right now :floorlaugh:

Throw the books at Karlie Tomica!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back