Dina's KTAR Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Is it just me or does her face look drastically different? The first couple of minutes I kept thinking it looked like someone dressing up as Dina.

It is indeed Dina. She has just packed on quite a few pounds, and it really shows in her face. BTW, Jonah Quit-Claimed the house at East Caballo drive to her in May, 2011, just prior to Max's death.

Well, she finally came out and said publicly that either Rebecca or her minor sister murdered Max:

http://ktar.com/59/1612172/Pats-Personal-Portraits-Dina-Shacknai-VIDEO

I wonder what has changed that she feels that it is ok to specifically, publicly accuse a deceased woman and a minor of murdering MS?

She has obviously alluded to this before, but I have never heard her publicly state this before? Has anyone else?

Is this slander? Liable? I'm no lawyer so I'm not sure, but I do wonder what would happen if Mary Zahau went on a TV interview and said who she thinks killed RZ....

Always,
MOO!

Attachments

• MAXIEHOUSE.jpg
    MAXIEHOUSE.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 18
I wonder what has changed that she feels that it is ok to specifically, publicly accuse a deceased woman and a minor of murdering MS?

She has obviously alluded to this before, but I have never heard her publicly state this before? Has anyone else?

Is this slander? Liable? I'm no lawyer so I'm not sure, but I do wonder what would happen if Mary Zahau went on a TV interview and said who she thinks killed RZ....

Always,
MOO!

I do believe that Dina will come to regret her statement, but it is too late for that since the "cat" is out of the bag........I am not an attorney, but I know enough about the law to know that she has really put herself in a bad position by making that statement. My question is, why did her attorney, whom ever she is using these days, ever allow her to go on this show and say what she said?

Well, she finally came out and said publicly that either Rebecca or her minor sister murdered Max:

http://ktar.com/59/1612172/Pats-Personal-Portraits-Dina-Shacknai-VIDEO

Actually what she said was that one of them threw him like a torpedo over the bannister to his death. I could not believe my ears when I heard that.
I am thinking that she's preparing a defense.........
I wonder how Melenik is going roll with this one. Also wondering how Bove is going to roll with this since he would not really commit to the final conclusions in Dina's report.

Wondering also why Hallier is no longer involved (from what it appears)

Actually what she said was that one of them threw him like a torpedo over the bannister to his death. I could not believe my ears when I heard that.
I wonder how Melenik is going roll with this one. Also wondering how Bove is going to roll with this since he would not really commit to the final conclusions in Dina's report.

I caught that too...IIRC...neither of those reports stated anything like that. That was a very shocking statement as well.

Did she get new experts?

Always,
MOO

I have waited a very long time for her to strike, to accuse, and to give away her motive for Rebecca's murder.

Wow. That was just jaw dropping. I absolutely cannot believe what she publicly did to XZ. Unbelievably despicable. I hope the Zahau's have an attorney for XZ. If I were XZ's guardian, I would aggressively pursue a restraining order against Dina, among other measures. I seriously believe XZ's personal safety is at risk. This is a vendetta.

So much for Maxie's House being about CHILDREN'S SAFETY-- what a hypocrite! I guess she feels the SAFETY of "some" minors is unimportant-- that it is perfectly okay for her to publicly name and blame THIS minor, who apparently has no rights at all in her eyes. A minor who LE has determined has had NO part in Maxie's very tragic, but accidental fall. OMG. The hypocrisy and hubris. But at least we now know what her next move is-- attacking a young teenager in any way she can. I really worry for XZ's safety. Really.

But then again, maybe that wasn't really Dina Shacknai?? She appears to have aged at least 25 years since the Coronado city council appearance. Intense grief, all-consuming hate, anger, and guilt-- I guess that will age a person pretty fast. Wow-- she looks really bad.

Anyone else think the interviewer's posture was odd? He was straddling Dina's knees-- nearly touching them. Very, very odd.

I may be way off base here but my first thought was....is Dina preparing her defense? Sorry just MOO. Truly amazed by this! MOO

She sounded very odd to me through the whole interview. Pressured speech. Erratic, and grandiose, compared to previous interviews. Like she was barely holding it all together.

I really wonder if whoever her current attorney and PR crew are even knew she was going to give that interview and say those things. I can't believe they would have approved of that. It did not make her, or her nonprofit, look good, IMO. If that was the first thing I had heard about that NP, it would not make me confident enough in their mission or their founder to persuade me to learn more about the NP, or want to donate any money.

And I also felt that that interviewer didn't genuinely believe her comments about the nonprofit, OR her comments about how she thinks Max died. His affect was just very strange to me, but maybe he is a longtime TV personality and that is just his on screen persona. He sounded like he was feigning interest to me-- as in, let her say what she wants to say, and let's move on.

Just the whole way he inserted the "who do you think killed Maxie?" into the end of the conversation. I have to listen again to see how he worded it, but why would an interviewer say something like that, when the child's death was ruled an accident? Like he didn't really want to go there. Now that I reflect more on it, I wonder if that was part of the terms of the interview they agreed on. I can't believe the station lawyers would have approved of that. But maybe they weren't consulted.

Wow. This is the strangest interview I have ever watched! It gave me a creepy feeling. The reporter sits a little to close, eh?

I think Dina did a better job when it came to discussing Maxie's House and their efforts. She had resources this time and announced plans. On the other hand, accusing a minor of murder after speaking about Maxie's House doesn't quite mesh with her child safety concerns.

Dina went the extra mile when asked who she thought was responsible for Maxie's death. First she started by saying only two people were in the house, THEN without the reporter pushing any further she actually named RZ and XZ. She didn't need to give names. It could have been avoided entirely. In my opinion, that is telling of her purpose. I think Dina intentionally stirred the pot. Maybe she is inflaming the whole situation to get a rise out of the Zahau's. What if the Zahau's come at her for slandering XZ? Could this be what Dina wants? Torpedoed was an ugly word choice. I don't remember anything in her expert reports even alluding to an act of this kind.

The reporter threw in a fast 'in your opinion so there are no legal ramifications' sentence before he asked Dina who she thought murdered Max.

Dina says...Kids are the most important things because they are our national treasures. Yet she is accusing XZ, a kid, of murder.

Inparadise, thank you for keeping Rebecca's murder probe alive. Or should I say thank you Dina? This unilateral accusation by Dina was just stunning. Geez those Romano sisters can't seem to zip it now can they? Maybe they should take a lesson from Jonah in that department.

I think that Dina is hoping that the Zahau's will file a suit against her for what she said in that interview, because then she (or her attorney) would be able to depose XZ. I hope that the Zahau attorneys do not fall for that ploy.........BTW, Dina reminds me of a dark-haired version of Betty Broderick.

I think that Dina is hoping that the Zahau's will file a suit against her for what she said in that interview, because then she (or her attorney) would be able to depose XZ. I hope that the Zahau attorneys do not fall for that ploy.........BTW, Dina reminds me of a dark-haired version of Betty Broderick.

I have the same feeling regarding Dina's agenda.

I think you're right, but my other thought is that she just can't help herself from continuing with her agenda - and ramping things up. I think she's spinning out of control. I guess we shouldn't be surprised, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy