MI - Judge removes 5-year-old from grandparents to live with mom and child abuser!!!

fhc

Reaction score
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/local_...rents-to-live-with-mom-and-known-child-abuser

:what: :furious: :banghead: :please:

Local judge removes 5-year-old from grandparents to live with mom and known child abuser

A couple months before her 5th birthday, a little girl, who had been raised by her grandparents in Gibraltar, was ripped from their care without warning. A local judge handed the child over to her biological mother who she barely knows-- and who is married to a man with a history of child abuse.

... she would be moving to Salt Lake City, Utah with the mother who she has spoken to only a handful of times

When Lia’s parents divorced, her then 21-year old father was granted custody of Lia. When he wasn’t able to care for his daughter, his parents became the legal guardians—that is until a battle over child support lead to the biological mom coming to Michigan last year to retrieve her daughter.

Amber’s new husband, 40-year old Ray Haning took the stand with shocking testimony. He had been convicted of child abuse, and his child from a previous marriage had been permanently removed from his custody

He said since then he had anger management counseling and was taking drugs for depression, schizoid tendencies, and mild paranoia.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/local_...rents-to-live-with-mom-and-known-child-abuser

:what: :furious: :banghead: :please:

Local judge removes 5-year-old from grandparents to live with mom and known child abuser

A couple months before her 5th birthday, a little girl, who had been raised by her grandparents in Gibraltar, was ripped from their care without warning. A local judge handed the child over to her biological mother who she barely knows-- and who is married to a man with a history of child abuse.

... she would be moving to Salt Lake City, Utah with the mother who she has spoken to only a handful of times

When Lia’s parents divorced, her then 21-year old father was granted custody of Lia. When he wasn’t able to care for his daughter, his parents became the legal guardians—that is until a battle over child support lead to the biological mom coming to Michigan last year to retrieve her daughter.

Amber’s new husband, 40-year old Ray Haning took the stand with shocking testimony. He had been convicted of child abuse, and his child from a previous marriage had been permanently removed from his custody

He said since then he had anger management counseling and was taking drugs for depression, schizoid tendencies, and mild paranoia.

:thud:

yeah, this can only end well.

smdh

Interesting to read the comments written by the guy who says he is the child's father and estranged son of the grandparents.

“I would like to take the child with me. I have everything for her there .I have medical for her. Everything,” Amber Haning told the court.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/local_...with-mom-and-known-child-abuser#ixzz2M9cbTs00 -

THE CHILD? That right there scares me. She refers to her as the child. Not by name, not as MY child, but simply THE child. as if she was a sofa or a lamp or some other non feeling non sentient thing.

:burn:

here's what her hubby has to say about the removal of his daughter from his custody for child abuse:

“When the child was screaming…I was trying to get her to calm down,” Haning said. “I thought maybe tapping her face might get her attention. I did it a couple of times and it left a mark, it went away in 24 hours.”

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/local_...with-mom-and-known-child-abuser#ixzz2M9dOH4fL

Guess we know where mom gets her habit of referring to her daughter as the child :(

These poor grandparents. That poor baby. We'll have another thread about little Lia down the road. Guaranteed.

:burn:

LeviHuffaker
well jennifer what if you look at it in this point of view. the grandparents while babysitting one day decided to take your child away by filing for guardianship then not allowing you to see her you fight for years trying to see her fight for years trying to get her back and the court system keeps throwing hoops for you to jump through because the grandparents think that if they keep her long enough nobody will take her away judges HAVE ordered the opportunity for you to see your daughter in regular visitation but the grandparents decide that its irrelevent about what the judges order and play these games when you drive 1700 miles to find out your daughter cant see you this time she is camping.. or she cant talk to you tonight she is busy... or she cant see you because she has stuff to do tomorrow.. instead of only looking at this one persons idiodic point of view think about the other side what they may have had to go through ... and maybe WHY the judge would have no other choice but to do it like that?
- See more at: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/local_...m-and-known-child-abuser#sthash.CuvqvTjK.dpuf

just reading those now.

poor damn kid. Frankly, this may be a case of a gramma who couldn't stay out of what didn't concern her. But I got a bad bad feel about mom and stepdad.

Just sayin.

I suspect it was all badly handled for the whole life of the little girl but all of them should have been working together for her sake. I see there is some connection being talked about with the Mormon Church as well.

well, there is a lot of coruption present in Utah in some of the more heavily LDS populated areas. That could have played a role in this case I guess.

Heartbroken for this little girl.

two sides to every story, Levi is telling the flip side of things. Somewhere in the middle truth probably can be found.

From some of Levi's comments (people can change, drug addict can get clean, etc) it sounds as if his parents may have taken custody of Nia when he was having some drug issues. I wonder if he wasn't in the habit of having them "babysit" and then pulling a disappearing act. It is a common behavior of those deep in the throes of addiction.

No reason given for why mom did not have custody and Levi did. I have to wonder why she left Nia with her ex who it would seem may have had issues.

lots of unknowns.

The one who gets hurt in all of this drama is little Nia.

Weather these people who have been raising their sons child did so under false pretenses or not obviously have cared for her. Would you be angry? Furious? Of course, but wouldn't you at least be a tad grateful they've taken care of her?

More importantly as a human being besides a mother wouldn't you agree to eazing this little one the transition? O.K. so the biological father says his own parents including his abusive father took her? Isn't that kidnapping? Where was he when they kidnapped his child? Why would you let the man who abused you care for your child?

Taking a persons child and all the responsibility with it is a far stretch just to get some State Aid, no? Sadly this is where the grands went wrong. A dispute over support. Money comes up and all hell breaks loose.

How long has this baby been in her "new home" for her biological father to know she's happy and not abused? Does he live there? Will he get joint custody?

Where is the step father's biolgical child from a first marriage? No custody for "tapping a child's face?" Slap? Tap?

Lord may this little doll with the lovely name adjust if she must and enjoy her new sibling. Will the dad's other biological child get to know the sibling as well?

One big flippin mess and the little girl has to be the one who suffered.

An opportunity to thank my dad who raised me. My dad who helped raise my child. My dad who understanding that money does not equate visitation or custody. Thank you to my mother for making her second marriage to a man she knew since childhood who would have my best interest at heart.

Thank you to my biological father who had the decency to go on his way and leave me to one family knowing my dad was a good and decent man. I appreciate that.

This poor little 5-yr old girl. We don't know what kind of life Lia had with her grandparents ... and we don't have any way of knowing what kind of life she will have now with her biological mother who she barely knows-- and who is married to a man with a history of child abuse.

To the best of my knowledge, Lia's biological dad didn't express concerns that his child's new stepdad has a history of child abuse and mental issues.

God Bless and Watch Over Little Lia. :heartbeat: :blowkiss: :heartbeat:

:)

Thank you Yoda for that article! It is sad to think how much those grandparents must miss little Lia. I had hoped to see some photos of Lia and them together on FB - but did not.

why do I keep wanting to call this little one Nia? I just realized that and its too late to edit my posts.

I hope Lia finds stability and love in her new home. I have concerns but am willing to concede that maybe this went down the way it did because the grandparents did not cooperate with the "transition" plan.

The grandparent's have a blog. I won't post a link but it is at I Refuse to Recede on Blogspot, if anyone wants to read it.

Just wondering if the judge had information that the grandparents might flee if they knew the decision was happening at that time. I don't know, this one is really confusing.
jmo

Reading those comments from the dad, I am inclined to think there is a lot more to this story than what the original article told.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back