MN MN - Bernard, 50, & Peggy Rusness, 41, Wolf Lake, 3 April 1976

Jbrown324320

Reaction score
Such a creepy case. From searching in the internet There are only a few details but I found out that one of the family members said that the family know who responsible and he claims that some people are responsible and not just one.

I think this crime was not random, maybe they had a dispute with very evil people or or they had information about them so these criminals decided to silence them.

I am surprised that there are probably 3 family members murdered and still there are only very few details about this case.

42 years have passed , I hope and I pray that one day this very sad case will be solved and the criminals will pay very hard price for their Heinous crime.

From doenetwork.org:
They were seen at the grocery store earlier and Bernard was seen leveling out their driveway with his tractor at about 4:00 p.m. that day. Bernard and Peggy have not been seen or heard from since. All money was in the bank accounts and the paychecks were left at their place of work. Foul play is suspected.

Such a creepy case. From searching in the internet There are only a few details but I found out that one of the family members said that the family know who responsible and he claims that some people are responsible and not just one.

I think this crime was not random, maybe they had a dispute with very evil people or or they had information about them so these criminals decided to silence them.

I am surprised that there are probably 3 family members murdered and still there are only very few details about this case.

42 years have passed , I hope and I pray that one day this very sad case will be solved and the criminals will pay very hard price for their Heinous crime.

From doenetwork.org:
They were seen at the grocery store earlier and Bernard was seen leveling out their driveway with his tractor at about 4:00 p.m. that day. Bernard and Peggy have not been seen or heard from since. All money was in the bank accounts and the paychecks were left at their place of work. Foul play is suspected.
Thank you. We are hoping for answers in this case. I am Bernards granddaughter

I am The granddaughter of Bernard and this case has always had me so interested. I don’t remember him as I was a toddler when this happened. We are just searching for any answers. I have so many questions. I can’t find anywhere that mentions Peggys husband and children and if they were interviewed.

Thank you. We are hoping for answers in this case. I am Bernards granddaughter
I happened to read an article that said a family member was fairly certain that they knew who did it and that it was a group of people. Are you able to elaborate on that at all?

I also read that Bernard was a foreman or supervisor of some sort at a car dealership in Fargo, ND. Fargo would have been way larger then Wolf Lake or any of the nearby towns (Detroit lakes, park rapids etc) at that time and still is today. Is it possible that Bernard may have mentioned something to one of his employees or word had gotten out that he possibly had large sums of cash or valuables at house.

I read in an article that he was installing a spund system in his truck that Friday night - does anyone know where or when it wad purchased? Did he get it from the dealership he worked at? Or buy it at a car audio shop in Fargo on his way home after work that Friday night? Is it possible that while purchasing the sound system (which I assume was a decent chunk of change) that someone witnessed him pull out a wad of cash and got the idea to rob him and followed him home?

Lastly it seems they were doing decent financially being as he has just remodeled the house and seemed like he had some disposable income at the very least. Someone that knew the couple back then would be able to chime in on if Bernard kept large sums of money at his house or may have let something slip that would encourage a robbery.

Robbery seems the likely motive.. I would guess that Bernard and Peggy were surprised by intruder or multiple intruders with a gun or guns. The house was ransacked and burned down. The child either never woke up or was killed via strangulation. Peggy and Bernard were likely killed inside the house as well and had thier bodies removed. I only say they were killed there because based on reading the articles I would assume they would rather fight and die then let the child die in the house fire, unless they were bound and gagged.

Its unfortunate that so much time has passed but there is still a possibility this case can be solved

Robbery seems the likely motive.. I would guess that Bernard and Peggy were surprised by intruder or multiple intruders with a gun or guns. The house was ransacked and burned down. The child either never woke up or was killed via strangulation. Peggy and Bernard were likely killed inside the house as well and had thier bodies removed. I only say they were killed there because based on reading the articles I would assume they would rather fight and die then let the child die in the house fire, unless they were bound and gagged.

Its unfortunate that so much time has passed but there is still a possibility this case can be solved
But if that's the case, why would the intruders kill them all, leaving the child behind and hiding the other bodies? If they were all missing, maybe...
I only can imagine two possibilities:
Brian died accidentally and they burned the house and committed suicide some where else or other person killed first the child to torture them and later took them to other area to kill them... So was there anyone who had such a feud?1697103636326.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back