WA WA - Louis "Buck" Muller, 62, Elma, 21 Oct 2012

amberdawn723

Reaction score
http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/mysterious-letter-triggers-investigation-missing-e/nWdBQ/

According to the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office, Louis “Buck” Muller was last seen in October, but his wife never reported him missing.

Nearly two months after he vanished, police received a mysterious letter.

“Our agency received an anonymous letter saying we needed to look into the whereabouts of Mr. Muller,” said Steve Shumate of the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office.

According to detectives, Muller’s wife said Muller told her he was going to North Dakota, but his car was still at the house, he didn’t take his cellphone or his dog, and he has not accessed his bank accounts.
- See more at: http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/mys...igation-missing-e/nWdBQ/#sthash.BCnucpe0.dpuf

missing_elma_man.jpg

Video of LE "digging up" the backyard....Neighbor says it's obvious that they are looking for his body. :what:
http://www.kirotv.com/videos/online/investigators-dig-backyard-of-missing-elma-man/vsBCC/

I'm glad someone at least sent a letter to report this.

http://www.examiner.com/article/anonymous-letter-leads-police-to-search-for-man

Louis "Buck" Muller has not been seen since October and his wife never reported him missing. Muller's wife told the detectives that her husband said he was going to North Dakota. She said he packed up his belongings and left on October 22. She also said he suffered with Intermittent Explosive Disorder and severe depression and had made threats of suicide in the past, reports KXRO Newsradio.

The detectives searched the home and found Buck's cellphone and his dog. His car was parked outside the home. They also found that he had not accessed his bank account. The detectives also searched the backyard of the home, but nothing was found.

This does not sound good for him. If police said his car, cell phone and dog were located at the home, what did he supposedly drive away in? He was not reported missing for 2 months, then by an anonymous letter. His wife filed a domestic violence assault report the day after she said he left. I wonder if the police contacted her then about the report.

This does not sound good for him. If police said his car, cell phone and dog were located at the home, what did he supposedly drive away in? He was not reported missing for 2 months, then by an anonymous letter. His wife filed a domestic violence assault report the day after she said he left. I wonder if the police contacted her then about the report.

True, it does not sound good for him. Either his wife killed him (but why would she report domestic abuse the day after? And why didn't she access his bank account?) or he killed himself (but why didn't he just leave in his car?) or he took a bus to North Dakota.

And who wrote the letter? Must have been a friend or relative. Why anonymously? Are they afraid of his wife?

And what about the report? Apparently the police didn't follow up on it. Why?

The first I heard about this was back in December when this news article was released.
http://kxro.wordpress.com/2012/12/19/missing-person-alert/

I shared it back in December on my Facebook page. I questioned at that time why WE the public hadn't been notified of the disappearance sooner (I assumed his wife had reported him gone at the time she filed the DV report but it looks like she left that info out of the report in October and it wasn't until December that anyone questioned her about him.)

I live only a few blocks from their business and I go to the gas station that is located next to their store.. I haven't seen one flyer posted about him. I was a little baffled by that but assumed that he'd been found since I hadn't heard anything more about it until a few days ago when I drove by and noticed LE at the store (then later read where they were getting search warrants for the house)

Now, they do live on the bus line but that bus only goes by their house 11 times (Eastbound) a day (it's scheduled to go by his house about every 1.5-2 hours--starting at 6 am and ending at 8pm) and only goes as far as Olympia (first major city he'd have to go to in order to get a bus/train or some other transportation to an airport) 6 times a day.
I can't imagine if a man has a car that he'd wait around for a bus.

True, it does not sound good for him. Either his wife killed him (but why would she report domestic abuse the day after? And why didn't she access his bank account?) or he killed himself (but why didn't he just leave in his car?) or he took a bus to North Dakota.

And who wrote the letter? Must have been a friend or relative. Why anonymously? Are they afraid of his wife?

And what about the report? Apparently the police didn't follow up on it. Why?

There is currently a warrant out for his arrest in connection to the DV (it's in the link I posted above from a news article in December)

also.. I don't believe LE is finished searching the property. Watching that video it seems they only stayed around the newly built house. They own a large parcel of farm land (according to what I'm reading on the Assessors webpage it's 8.4 acres) And has several barn/garages, a mobile home and the new construction house and lots and lots of pasture.
I can't imagine the whole thing has been searched yet.

also.. I don't believe LE is finished searching the property. Watching that video it seems they only stayed around the newly built house. They own a large parcel of farm land (according to what I'm reading on the Assessors webpage it's 8.4 acres) And has several barn/garages, a mobile home and the new construction house and lots and lots of pasture.
I can't imagine the whole thing has been searched yet.

When you said," large parcel of farm land," I imagined at least 160 acres or more. Hopefully they have most of the 8 1/2 acres, plus the outbuildings covered by now. I wonder if they are using scanners before digging. The video makes it look like the heavy equipment is just digging away in the yard. Does anyone know if the newly built house was there before the disappearance? Do they have any type of livestock on the property, or was it at one time set up for cattle with silage pits or silos?

When you said," large parcel of farm land," I imagined at least 160 acres or more. Hopefully they have most of the 8 1/2 acres, plus the outbuildings covered by now. I wonder if they are using scanners before digging. The video makes it look like the heavy equipment is just digging away in the yard. Does anyone know if the newly built house was there before the disappearance? Do they have any type of livestock on the property, or was it at one time set up for cattle with silage pits or silos?

LOL... to me 8 acres is large (considering I was raised in town and properties aren't that large). There are many many farms in the area surrounding their house and without seeing the actual property lines on a map the area looks "really big" to me looking at Google maps.

Sorry, I was incorrect. It's not a new construction home. I thought it was by looking at the County Assessors website.
The website shows pictures from the last appraisal of the house (which was in 2012) and it looks as if the siding was being put on at that time but the date built says 2005. So they must have redone the siding or maybe it took them 7 years to build it? I really don't know, it's sits back away from the road a ways and I never had reason to really pay attention to anything being built back there (it's on a road I rarely travel since it's a back road and I usually take the main highway that direction)

I can't recall if they currently have livestock or not. I know I have seen cows and horses on the property before but it's not uncommon to rent out your pastures to others.. so I don't know if they had livestock in the past or if it was a neighbors. One of the pictures from the Assessors page shows a building with bales of hay and a horse trailer being stored. And you can see a horse in the back ground (but again, not sure if it's theirs or not).

Thank you. The size of the property is just a point of view, ie raised on farm or in the city. The important part is that we are on the same page.

The bus line could put another option out there, for him to leave the area.

It is strange that his bank accounts have not been touched, so I'm either thinking they do not amount to much or he is not around and able to get at them. Since there is now a warrant out for his arrest, he may want to stay out of sight, if he is ok. If he did take off and there was a pattern of DV, she may be afraid of touching the accounts in fear of retaliation. Just throwing a few ideas out there, but I basically believe people should continue to look for him.

It would be interesting to hear more information from co workers, friends and family. Someone already had concerns and sent the letter to police.

Very interesting statement.

Muller’s wife reported a Domestic Violence Assault 4th Degree on October 23rd. It is not known if Muller knows that she reported the assault. There is an active warrant for this case.

Muller is diabetic and has not been taking his insulin. According to his wife, Muller has been diagnosed with Intermittent Explosive Disorder and severe depression. He has made threats of suicide in the past.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...pMAM&usg=AOvVaw1dQqRO4Bi9Bu5JdfNm50RD&ampcf=1

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Louis Carl Muller – The Charley Project

Louis Carl Muller
  • muller_louis.jpg
Muller, circa 2012

• Missing Since10/21/2012
  • Missing FromElma, Washington
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth05/06/1950 (69)
  • Age62 years old
  • Height and Weight5'11, 234 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA t-shirt and blue jeans or sweatpants.
  • Medical ConditionsMuller suffers from diabetes and needs insulin. He has also been diagnosed with severe depression and intermittent explosive disorder. He has threatened to commit suicide in the past.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Muller's nicknames are Buck and Bucky. He has a tattoo on his left shoulder, and his left index finger is missing.
Details of Disappearance
Muller was last seen at his home in the 900 block of Monte-Elma Road in Elma, Washington on October 21, 2012. His wife never reported him missing. The police began investigating his disappearance a few months later, when they got an anonymous letter saying he was missing and they should look into his whereabouts.

When they questioned Muller's wife, she said that on October 21, he told her he would be going to South Dakota the next day. She said he packed his belongings and left like he said he would, but he left his vehicle behind and it's unclear what means of transportation he used. He also left his dog and cellular phone behind, and he hasn't accessed his bank accounts. He has never been heard from again.

Muller's wife filed a complaint against him for fourth-degree domestic violence assault on October 23, two days after his disappearance, and a warrant was issued for his arrest. It's unknown whether Muller is aware of the complaint or the warrant. He and his wife ran an antiques store together in 2012. His case remains unsolved.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back